Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if I have asked this but is there a .html code we can use for our own hosting server for wupinstaller cause if you try the one it just keeps saying not 5.3.2 version. it would be handy to have myself.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
If Nintendo will be banning cheats... What's the opinion over (from those in the know) about what their policy is likely to be in this situation... where this is one of the doorways towards cheating online... considering most cheats are will be using 5.3.2 ....would they likely ban any person using 5.3.2 to play online - assuming they can detect it?

spillows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really excited a spoofer is finally out, but here I am trying to exploit literally 100 times and still nothing. Getting desperate :wacko:
Got it to work plenty of times during the first time, but the second always freezes. Will try again tomorrow.
Tried the new link for the exploit one time and IT WORKS! I wonder what makes this one error less?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If Nintendo will be banning cheats... What's the opinion over (from those in the know) about what their policy is likely to be in this situation... where this is one of the doorways towards cheating online... considering most cheats are will be using 5.3.2 ....would they likely ban any person using 5.3.2 to play online - assuming they can detect it?
there isnt really "anyone in the know" here....well unless nintendo security staff are browsing, and even if they were they wouldnt turn around and say "oh hi, i'm from nintendo i will ban you shortly, please stay connected for upto 30 mins while we apply this ban fix"

but in the past nintendo have usually only banned pirates or online cheaters, they are fairly laid back with their banning procedures, thats not to say they couldn't/wouldn't just outright ban anyone accessing online via this method, but imho the heavy handed "BAN THE CONSOLE!!!!!!" approach probably just leads to more crap that it solves with having to offer support down the line to people buying these banned consoles and pestering nintendo to figure out whats up, if i had to guess the probable outcome it will probably be either a fix released that blocks it from working with no permanent effect to people using it (i.e if they update to the latest FW they can get back online), or a temporary ban + a fix being released

Last edited by gamesquest1,

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry scrap that what you mean is to get it working first time around is a hassle for some but once you have cracked it, it should run no problems again after.

Edit: is there not your own .html version of the wupinstaller you could use yourself, self hosting I mean? cause it wont work just get wrong version in browser.

@SonyUSA. See you have a donation link :)

That donation link is for Crediar, not me ;P

capostef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
strange, first i have installed the spoof, but now when i try to open the URL, wupinstaller is saying only 5.3.2 is supportet

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
During first run? Then you need to see the "Common Problems" section, it's not your SD card.
maybe you should add a little "to confirm the spoof has been applied, first check that the console shows as 5.5.0 in system settings but the console still has the TVii option on the gamepad homescreen
as these questions could get a bit confusing knowing which people have applied the patch already and which people didnt read anything and are trying to run it on a actual 5.5 system

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just wondering i already tryed installing the latest smash update and i waited 20 mins just to be sure and the update comes with an ??? and thens mash says i got a bad gameupdate so i need to delete it.

just making sure after i get the update from nus i just put all those files on sd/install correct? i dont use any gameid or anything right?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering i already tryed installing the latest smash update and i waited 20 mins just to be sure and the update comes with an ??? and thens mash says i got a bad gameupdate so i need to delete it.

just making sure after i get the update from nus i just put all those files on sd/install correct? i dont use any gameid or anything right?

Well, the guide says if that happens then you didn't wait long enough... so....

------------

Updated Common Problems section:

Crash after running exploit 2 times and returning to Home Menu: There was a Fatal Error and the system halted. Either you are trying to install a non-public or unsafe Title or your SD card is incompatible, not formatted correctly, or doesn't have the appropriate files in the install folder.

acacd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
During the game play , I found that I couldn't get manual open in Super Mario Maker. It tells me can't read my disk, but game function well. And I test Nintendo land, the manual open correct. Maybe it's because the system version actually is 5.3.2? image.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""