Hacking WTF? Dust appearing under DSL's transparent cover?

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
So after a few weeks after getting my DS Lite, I've began seeing wierd things around the edge of my DS Lite. Usually they're on the top part of the DS, but not always. I can't explain it very well, but apparently they're between the real DS Lite and the transparent cover around it(the one which gives off the smooth feeling).
Also, it's not only dust, because there are some white things in it too.
Why is this happening?
And is there any way to clean them out?

Thanks!

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
This happened on two white DS Lites I had too. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do. The transparent plastic is unremovable (as far as I've tried). The only thing you can do is keep your home's dust quantities as low as possible or put a silicon protector on your Lite.

Anyways, this was the main reason I imported a Crimson Red DS Lite (which is matte, fortunately).

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
This happened to me too, with my white DSL.
But then I purchased a black one, problem solved.
But if you are not planning to replace your DS any time soon, a case would probably fit your needs.
Would you recommend a silicon case or one of those transparent plastic ones?

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But if you are not planning to replace your DS any time soon, a case would probably fit your needs.

I'd recommend the Joytech Armorlite transparent case, it's very durable. However, keep in mind that this would add a lot more bulk to your DS.

As for the dust appearing, I have the same problem with my white lite, as the casing seems to be a bit loose. It is rather hard to remove the dust and particles, but I just use a piece of printer paper to try to remove it.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the bright side, at least it isn't under the screen lens. Now THAT is annoying as hell...
mad.gif

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt

I'd recommend the Joytech Armorlite transparent case, it's very durable. However, keep in mind that this would add a lot more bulk to your DS.

As for the dust appearing, I have the same problem with my white lite, as the casing seems to be a bit loose. It is rather hard to remove the dust and particles, but I just use a piece of printer paper to try to remove it.

Thanks for the tip.
Do you have any link for the case you mentinoed?

QUOTE(cracker @ Feb 12 2008, 07:53 PM)
On the bright side, at least it isn't under the screen lens. Now THAT is annoying as hell...Â
mad.gif
Wow, that sure must be annoying.. I wonder how they even get there
wtf.gif
wtf.gif

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Getting either a clear case or a silicon case depends on your taste.

Clear cases are good if you want to show of your DS lite and have a slightly better protection. I'd recommend the Capdase one (I own one) if you don't like clips or hooks, otherwise the Hori ones are recommended as they are quite sturdy judging from a article I read.

Silicon case are good if you don't really want to show of your DS lite, but especially if you want more grip as it feels rubbery, the downside is your DS lite might get a bit oily after a while (at least mine did, and I am not sure why).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1