WTF? Dust appearing under DSL's transparent cover?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Extreme Coder, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Extreme Coder
    OP

Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    So after a few weeks after getting my DS Lite, I've began seeing wierd things around the edge of my DS Lite. Usually they're on the top part of the DS, but not always. I can't explain it very well, but apparently they're between the real DS Lite and the transparent cover around it(the one which gives off the smooth feeling).
    Also, it's not only dust, because there are some white things in it too.
    Why is this happening?
    And is there any way to clean them out?

Thanks!

2. MaHe

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    This happened on two white DS Lites I had too. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do. The transparent plastic is unremovable (as far as I've tried). The only thing you can do is keep your home's dust quantities as low as possible or put a silicon protector on your Lite.

Anyways, this was the main reason I imported a Crimson Red DS Lite (which is matte, fortunately).

3. Extreme Coder
    OP

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    you mean the Crimson doesn't have the transparent plastic layer?

4. Requisite

Requisite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Absolutely somewhere.
    This happened to me too, with my white DSL.
    But then I purchased a black one, problem solved.
    But if you are not planning to replace your DS any time soon, a case would probably fit your needs.

5. Extreme Coder
    OP

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    Would you recommend a silicon case or one of those transparent plastic ones?

6. Mars

Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

Dec 19, 2006
    United States
    I'd recommend the Joytech Armorlite transparent case, it's very durable. However, keep in mind that this would add a lot more bulk to your DS.

As for the dust appearing, I have the same problem with my white lite, as the casing seems to be a bit loose. It is rather hard to remove the dust and particles, but I just use a piece of printer paper to try to remove it.

7. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    On the bright side, at least it isn't under the screen lens. Now THAT is annoying as hell... [​IMG]

8. Extreme Coder
    OP

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wow, that sure must be annoying.. I wonder how they even get there [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Omoikane1979

Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    Getting either a clear case or a silicon case depends on your taste.

Clear cases are good if you want to show of your DS lite and have a slightly better protection. I'd recommend the Capdase one (I own one) if you don't like clips or hooks, otherwise the Hori ones are recommended as they are quite sturdy judging from a article I read.

Silicon case are good if you don't really want to show of your DS lite, but especially if you want more grip as it feels rubbery, the downside is your DS lite might get a bit oily after a while (at least mine did, and I am not sure why).