Hacking wow! SKY3DS breakthrough 10 game limit, which means you can play any games?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps they had technical issues implementing an erasing function or perhaps it didn't even cross their minds - we'll never really know the full story behind this. ;)

Can you confirm the method working though?

Even if you ended up losing save in the process. You could always have save backed up :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah, but it seems like the logic of a 5 year old. I doubt anyone is going to go, "Darn, I used up my ten games, better spend $120 more on another flashcart!" but they will say "$120 for 10 games? Screw that, I'll wait for something else that doesn't have a limit."
i doubt they ever planned to keep it in permanently....just until some competition came along then they suddenly drop it, if you would wait your not their target audience anyway....they want the people who will buy now ask questions later

D

Deleted-355425

as it stands this card right now in this situation should cost about £19.99 to buy, it would still sell now lol,

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Perhaps they had technical issues implementing an erasing function or perhaps it didn't even cross their minds - we'll never really know the full story behind this. ;)
Given all that is going on, they were probably feeling the pressure.

Rumors of Gateway being almost there floating around, other exploits and suchs in the works.
It would not surprise me at all if they felt the pressure and figured they better push out their 'functional' card now - and keep working on improves behind the scenes instead of waiting till they "perfect" it and missing out on sales.

If they release alongside an actually competing card the sales would've been far different.
So its a safe bet that money was a big factor in releasing the card 'as is'.

Regardless of the other underlying reasoning.

Now I just wonder how they'll respond if Gateway does indeed release a functional 9.x solution.
Will they up their game and offer more features on their card? Will they "remove" the limit (if they can?).
Or will they slash the price and compete with a cheaper card?

Will be interesting to see what their next steps are.

Meteo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as much as I abhor Sky3ds' business practices, its had an overall positive effect on the 3ds scene. Now gateway is forced to hasten their support for 9.x, clones are starting to pop up, and it looks like this 10 game limit restriction will soon be overcome. And its provided me with ample entertainment these past few days. :grog:

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
as much as I abhor Sky3ds' business practices, its had an overall positive effect on the 3ds scene. Now gateway is forced to hasten their support for 9.x, clones are starting to pop up, and it looks like this 10 game limit restriction will soon be overcome. And its provided me with ample entertainment these past few days. :grog:
This. If it wasnt for Sky3DS none of this would be happening right now.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And that just until nintendo come up with a update to put a end to the .cia files and block the method used in sky3ds and probably gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo