R5SDHC Run 18 Roms Video updated here!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jamesbox, Nov 14, 2014.

1. jamesbox
    OP

jamesbox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    R5SDHC Run 18 Roms Video updated here (TESTED BY znyrock|jiake)!

In fact, the tester thinks it can run 100+ roms.......

Pls do not lock this post, the gbatemp boss, more details updated here soon, thanks!

R5SDHC breakthrough features 10 limit and description:

1. do not need to make any changes to the software or hardware;
    2. supports an unlimited number of game programming;
    3. erasable;
    4. normal archiving, networking;
    5. The need Pull plug, a similar principle of operation of the mechanism of the initial DS PASSME;
    6. crack operate personal behavior, if you try to cause any hardware or software failure, I shall not be responsible.

2. CIH137

CIH137 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    I just want to know if it will be fully stable as you get more games on it.

3. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    I asked 2 resellers for a review copy, I'll get back to you whether they accept or not.

4. BestR4i3DS.com

BestR4i3DS.com GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    United States
    maybe 100+ roms? really?
    if it is true, really great!

Ryanrocks462 likes this.
  5. jamesbox
    OP

jamesbox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    I have video without watermark, if need, pls pm, thanks!

6. Sonicx64

Sonicx64 任豚好騙!

Nov 9, 2009
    United States
    Has it been hacked or exploited or is it a feature?

According to most websites and Taobao they all state that every r5sdhc card can just play 10 burned games, if you want to play more games you have no choice but to buy another r5sdhc.
    请注意: 每张r5sdhc烧录卡只能烧录10个游戏,如果想玩更多游戏 只能再买一张r5sdhc!

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I believe the video in question concerns a modified/reprogrammed cartridge, but I don't know the details. As far as I know, a stock R5SDHC is supposed to run 10 games.

Celice and Sonicx64 like this.
  8. jamesbox
    OP

jamesbox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    updated ..., soon released!

9. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Everyone suddenly pops up with these "very informed sources" and "contacts" with speculation flowing left and right while I'm here by myself like :

[​IMG]

GamerzHell9137, Pawed, Steena and 3 others like this.
  10. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Wow... so "just maybe" the 10 games limit is artificial? I can't believe the sort of apologist shit we've had put up with on these boards these past few days... a lot of people defending the legimitacy of this ploy for... why? Hatred for the Gateway? For the lulz? Both?

11. Danjal

Danjal GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    I don't think its fair to claim any statement like "We can't say for certain yet, we have to wait and see - but meanwhile this card is the only one that works on 4.5+"
    as 'apologist shit'.

Maybe the limit is artificial, maybe its not... As of yet we still don't know for certain since this particular source seems to have messed with the hardware itself.
    Seeming to imply that while it is potentially possible to remove the limit - the limit 'out of the box' may still be in place.
    From where I'm standing, nobody has outed gateway as useless, infact most claim that its still the superior card in terms of most functionality.
    Just that the card as is, even with its flaws and restrictions, does something that gateway currently does not.

Thats not "defending a ploy" or "hatred for gateway" - thats an observation...
    It doesn't even attach any further merit to it other than that of an observation - you may take note that most recommendations were to 'wait and see', rather than "Buy this now! Its amazing!"

All in all I think you're slightly overreacting.

12. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    First and foremost, we shouldn't have any feelings attached to Gateway or anybody else in that business - they're all taking your money. The kernel exploit Gateway uses doesn't even need a flashcart to run backups - they could just as easily run from the SD slot like EmuNAND, but that's not very profitable now, is it? You're paying them to run pirated software, let's not sugarcoat this - they're not a charity. They don't "like" you, they like your money.

13. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Missing the point. I wasn't talking about the card itself, good for them that they got it running on 9.x. What I can't stand is a community that follows 3DS hacking so closely defending the 10 games limit as something valid. Obviously it's artificial, there's no question about it and the turth is emerging really fast. People are being screwed over and thanking this team for doing it.

Exactly to your point, a lot of people see Team Gateway as evildoers of some kind because they decided to make money off their hacking. I'm not against them doing that... why shouldn't work be remunerated?

14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Nobody's thanking them for the 10 games limit - we all think it's bullshit and nobody likes it. We would all be glad if it wasn't there. That doesn't change the fact that this is how they designed their product and it's the customer's choice whether to buy it or not.

Celice and Danjal like this.
  15. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Tired..., sleeping soon!

16. rakichaneru

rakichaneru GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    This is exactly why when I first read of this 10 game limit I laughed, because it's so arbitrary and obvious that they added it as an artificial restriction in an effort to move more units. But it's going to blow up in their face as soon as people figure out how to get around it easily and no one will buy their shit anymore.

weatMod and MarkDarkness like this.
  17. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Gateway's done a lot of mischief themselves, be it intentionally or not. 3DS'es don't have a tendency to brick themselves, y'know.

My point is, none of those teams are our friends, so we shouldn't hate or praise either of them - we should evaluate their products and buy what we think fits our needs. If someone doesn't care for getting a 4.5 3DS and can't think of more than 10 games to play, what's stopping that person from getting a sky3DS? Nothing at all, it fits that customer's needs just fine.

Is the 10 games limit necessary? Of course not - the cart could very well be programmed to erase itself every time you switch to a new game, but that wouldn't be as profitable as having people buy more carts. Or maybe it's planned obsolescence just so that sky can come up with a better cartridge 2 months from now, this time with 20 games? Who know? I most certainly don't, so I don't engage in petty squabbles or sheer speculation.

As for work being remunerated, isn't sky3DS the exact same thing? They have a 9.x solution, now they're making money off of it. They're just doing it in an asshole way, but are we judging character here or a product?

Vappy likes this.
  18. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I can open 100 tabs in my browser, but my system is old and that is likely unwise. Stability might be the problem as they have claimed. We will know soon.

19. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    I don't get where you are coming from with me saying that people hate Team Gateway = I love them. Because you are making points I don't disagree with, but somehow making it seem like I do. :wink: I think a lot of people are enraged with Team Gateway, especially since the bricking incidents and such, and have finally found their holy grail. That's all I'm implying. And it's true in a lot of cases... go read back on the humongous Sky3DS thread.

20. laiba

laiba Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2014
    United States

cvskid and MarkDarkness like this.