Hacking R5SDHC Run 18 Roms Video updated here!

jamesbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R5SDHC Run 18 Roms Video updated here (TESTED BY znyrock|jiake)!

In fact, the tester thinks it can run 100+ roms.......

Pls do not lock this post, the gbatemp boss, more details updated here soon, thanks!

R5SDHC breakthrough features 10 limit and description:

1. do not need to make any changes to the software or hardware;
2. supports an unlimited number of game programming;
3. erasable;
4. normal archiving, networking;
5. The need Pull plug, a similar principle of operation of the mechanism of the initial DS PASSME;
6. crack operate personal behavior, if you try to cause any hardware or software failure, I shall not be responsible.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has it been hacked or exploited or is it a feature?

According to most websites and Taobao they all state that every r5sdhc card can just play 10 burned games, if you want to play more games you have no choice but to buy another r5sdhc.
请注意: 每张r5sdhc烧录卡只能烧录10个游戏,如果想玩更多游戏 只能再买一张r5sdhc!

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone suddenly pops up with these "very informed sources" and "contacts" with speculation flowing left and right while I'm here by myself like :

no-fucks-given_o_531342.jpg

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow... so "just maybe" the 10 games limit is artificial? I can't believe the sort of apologist shit we've had put up with on these boards these past few days... a lot of people defending the legimitacy of this ploy for... why? Hatred for the Gateway? For the lulz? Both?

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow... so "just maybe" the 10 games limit is artificial? I can't believe the sort of apologist shit we've had put up with on these boards these past few days... a lot of people defending the legimitacy of this ploy for... why? Hatred for the Gateway? For the lulz? Both?
I don't think its fair to claim any statement like "We can't say for certain yet, we have to wait and see - but meanwhile this card is the only one that works on 4.5+"
as 'apologist shit'.

Maybe the limit is artificial, maybe its not... As of yet we still don't know for certain since this particular source seems to have messed with the hardware itself.
Seeming to imply that while it is potentially possible to remove the limit - the limit 'out of the box' may still be in place.
From where I'm standing, nobody has outed gateway as useless, infact most claim that its still the superior card in terms of most functionality.
Just that the card as is, even with its flaws and restrictions, does something that gateway currently does not.

Thats not "defending a ploy" or "hatred for gateway" - thats an observation...
It doesn't even attach any further merit to it other than that of an observation - you may take note that most recommendations were to 'wait and see', rather than "Buy this now! Its amazing!"

All in all I think you're slightly overreacting.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
First and foremost, we shouldn't have any feelings attached to Gateway or anybody else in that business - they're all taking your money. The kernel exploit Gateway uses doesn't even need a flashcart to run backups - they could just as easily run from the SD slot like EmuNAND, but that's not very profitable now, is it? You're paying them to run pirated software, let's not sugarcoat this - they're not a charity. They don't "like" you, they like your money.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think its fair to claim any statement like "We can't say for certain yet, we have to wait and see - but meanwhile this card is the only one that works on 4.5+"
as 'apologist shit'.

Maybe the limit is artificial, maybe its not... As of yet we still don't know for certain since this particular source seems to have messed with the hardware itself.
Seeming to imply that while it is potentially possible to remove the limit - the limit 'out of the box' may still be in place.
From where I'm standing, nobody has outed gateway as useless, infact most claim that its still the superior card in terms of most functionality.
Just that the card as is, even with its flaws and restrictions, does something that gateway currently does not.

Thats not "defending a ploy" or "hatred for gateway" - thats an observation...
It doesn't even attach any further merit to it other than that of an observation - you may take note that most recommendations were to 'wait and see', rather than "Buy this now! Its amazing!"

All in all I think you're slightly overreacting.
Missing the point. I wasn't talking about the card itself, good for them that they got it running on 9.x. What I can't stand is a community that follows 3DS hacking so closely defending the 10 games limit as something valid. Obviously it's artificial, there's no question about it and the turth is emerging really fast. People are being screwed over and thanking this team for doing it.

First and foremost, we shouldn't have any feelings attached to Gateway or anybody else in that business - they're all taking your money. The kernel exploit Gateway uses doesn't even need a flashcart to run backups - they could just as easily run from the SD slot like EmuNAND, but that's not very profitable now, is it? You're paying them to run pirated software, let's not sugarcoat this - they're not a charity. They don't "like" you, they like your money.
Exactly to your point, a lot of people see Team Gateway as evildoers of some kind because they decided to make money off their hacking. I'm not against them doing that... why shouldn't work be remunerated?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nobody's thanking them for the 10 games limit - we all think it's bullshit and nobody likes it. We would all be glad if it wasn't there. That doesn't change the fact that this is how they designed their product and it's the customer's choice whether to buy it or not.

Reactions: Celice and Danjal

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is exactly why when I first read of this 10 game limit I laughed, because it's so arbitrary and obvious that they added it as an artificial restriction in an effort to move more units. But it's going to blow up in their face as soon as people figure out how to get around it easily and no one will buy their shit anymore.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Exactly to your point, a lot of people see Team Gateway as evildoers of some kind because they decided to make money off their hacking. I'm not against them doing that... why shouldn't work be remunerated?
Gateway's done a lot of mischief themselves, be it intentionally or not. 3DS'es don't have a tendency to brick themselves, y'know.

My point is, none of those teams are our friends, so we shouldn't hate or praise either of them - we should evaluate their products and buy what we think fits our needs. If someone doesn't care for getting a 4.5 3DS and can't think of more than 10 games to play, what's stopping that person from getting a sky3DS? Nothing at all, it fits that customer's needs just fine.

Is the 10 games limit necessary? Of course not - the cart could very well be programmed to erase itself every time you switch to a new game, but that wouldn't be as profitable as having people buy more carts. Or maybe it's planned obsolescence just so that sky can come up with a better cartridge 2 months from now, this time with 20 games? Who know? I most certainly don't, so I don't engage in petty squabbles or sheer speculation.

As for work being remunerated, isn't sky3DS the exact same thing? They have a 9.x solution, now they're making money off of it. They're just doing it in an asshole way, but are we judging character here or a product?

Reactions: Vappy

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can open 100 tabs in my browser, but my system is old and that is likely unwise. Stability might be the problem as they have claimed. We will know soon.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Gateway's done a lot of mischief themselves, be it intentionally or not. 3DS'es don't have a tendency to brick themselves, y'know.

My point is, none of those teams are our friends, so we shouldn't hate or praise either of them - we should evaluate their products and buy what we think fits our needs. If someone doesn't care for getting a 4.5 3DS and can't think of more than 10 games to play, what's stopping that person from getting a sky3DS? Nothing at all, it fits that customer's needs just fine.

Is the 10 games limit necessary? Of course not - the cart could very well be programmed to erase itself every time you switch to a new game, but that wouldn't be as profitable as having people buy more carts. Or maybe it's planned obsolescence just so that sky can come up with a better cartridge 2 months from now, this time with 20 games? Who know? I most certainly don't, so I don't engage in petty squabbles or sheer speculation.
I don't get where you are coming from with me saying that people hate Team Gateway = I love them. Because you are making points I don't disagree with, but somehow making it seem like I do. :wink: I think a lot of people are enraged with Team Gateway, especially since the bricking incidents and such, and have finally found their holy grail. That's all I'm implying. And it's true in a lot of cases... go read back on the humongous Sky3DS thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2