• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Would you rather live in a Democracy where you're lied in all the time, or a Dictatorship where you're told the truth about things that affect you.

Vetusomaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
F8FM79vWAAAJdDj.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem and Xzi

Vetusomaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Looks a lot like where I live on the left side, but it's a democracy.
Did democracy let you go out freely during "pandemic"?
Post automatically merged:

There's mistake in the picture, i never seen a real democracy like on the right
I have: In "democratic" countries like Canada, USA, Australia, EU countries...

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Are you referring to those countries with experience or from what's written on the tourist pamphlet? Things in Canada are getting unpleasant now. The price of houses are unaffordable right now, for example.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

Did china or rusia let you? go out freely?
Do name a country in EU and i mean like western for i don't considder the states close to russia real democratic that came close to your picture.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I rather lead a rebelion and save my country from these extreme lunatics I call them out for what they are
how do you plan to keep the lights on after tho? Will you have a crew trained in operating all the mechanisms of the government on standby for once you're in power?

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They did, once they got a grip - they also said that you were not supposed to mingle if unvaccinated, or visit the elderly because they're you know, vulnerable.
*obvious propaganda image*
hilarious, HK looks a lot like the right part of the picture and yet they live in a dictatorship.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Liberty and the political system that’s implemented in a given state are only tangentially related. Democracy is tyranny of the stupid because there are always more people who are stupid than people who are smart, so opinions that are stupid will always rise to the surface, leading to tyranny. In order to avoid excessive tyranny, we invented representative democracy so that the shouting of the stupid does not drown out common sense. That being said, the stupid are still incentivised to vote (for some reason), so in many instances this only functions as a proxy for stupidity rather than the intended buffer. In theory a wise and benevolent ruler would in fact be better in terms of freedom and liberty than a consortium of idiots unless said consortium of idiots is stifled at every turn rather than incentivised to legislate. On the flip side, I’m not sure where you’d find such a benevolent ruler as absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely. There is no right answer to this question besides “do what’s right for number one, take when they give and fight/run away when they try to take”.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Personally, I think it's time for anarchy. And maybe what comes out of it at the end of it all will be better than what we have now.
More chaos is rarely the answer to a lack of order. Now, I’m no fan of the government myself, but you should probably refrain from chopping off your hand if you only want to clip your nails. Just a thought.

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Democracy is a bunch of bastards realising predifined long term agenda goals, where decisions are made behind the curtain before anyone realise that have influence on something. They have tools to monitor people ractions slowly changing them or catering to public opinion giving them a piece of rotten cake only for self satisfaction. I don't belive they even count the votes that people gives. Even so it's not for already dealt cards. It's same opressive as dictatorship to keep people in one cage or another.
Election has ended. If any understand probablity equation there's no way that country can be same eqaully divided by two even halfs based on two fractions as last time where the real people mood should give exactly oposite tendency in case on the region they live (based on war conflict and political party offering). Also there's no way that early exit pool can be almost the same as official results, and party members don't wait till it happen to take thier final voice and speach. It's about a pool and adjustment and pretending they all do for people sake. (also counted exit pool results is also much different than public)
Fortunately my kingdom is not of this world. I don't need much and don't have much expectation, but in fact maybe I miss one good and rightenouss ruller not getting people in the mode divide and conquer. Where truth and honor has noble place and meaning, it's a base to trust anyone. However on the other side "Cursed is the one who trusts in man". Anyone but no pretenders, like the ones we know from democracy.

Last edited by plasturion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1