ROM Hack Would you be able to patch a physical or digital copy of a 3DS game?

Johnny2071

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically, let's say a modder released a patch for both Pokemon Sun & Moon, that included an actual Hall of Fame (Pokemon X & Y), as well as the ability to rebattle trainers already beaten. Would you be able to add this patch to your own copy of the game (and still use Pokemon Bank)?

So long as the actual Pokemon aren't altered past recognition and don't interfer with online play, it should in my opinion.

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Theoretically, let's say a modder released a patch for both Pokemon Sun & Moon, that included an actual Hall of Fame (Pokemon X & Y), as well as the ability to rebattle trainers already beaten. Would you be able to add this patch to your own copy of the game (and still use Pokemon Bank)?

So long as the actual Pokemon aren't altered past recognition and don't interfer with online play, it should in my opinion.
Yes you can but any alteration of a game could result in a ban regardless. So use at your own discretion.

Johnny2071

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not Nintendo you should worry about. As once you game sync on pokemon sun/moon their servers will know that you game save is modified and will ban you from their online services.

So the only way to avoid a ban is to never game sync. What about legal PKHex edits?

Toady231

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the only way to avoid a ban is to never game sync. What about legal PKHex edits?
I never game synced my pokemon moon but altered my game save. I'm now banned from online competetive play and global missions. But everything else works fine. So I guess if none of those interest you then hack away.

x06xpower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never game synced my pokemon moon but altered my game save. I'm now banned from online competetive play and global missions. But everything else works fine. So I guess if none of those interest you then hack away.
wait.. doesn't online competitive play and global mission require gamesync id :O ? if you never game synced , how did you get banned :blink:

Toady231

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wait.. doesn't online competitive play and global mission require gamesync id :O ? if you never game synced , how did you get banned :blink:
God knows. I never game synced but I altered my game save next time I went to try and battle competitive it had a great 212 error which is banned from online play. So use at own risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1