Hardware Would this HDMI->DVI cable work from Wii U to my PC monitors?

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
http://www.amazon.com/Get-Home-Speed-Bi-Directional-Cable/dp/B00QIISW9O/

The thing is, I have 2 monitors. One outputs 1400x900 and the other is 1600x1200 (both as their native resolutions, or pixel-perfect). I usually use the latter for browsing while I use the former for games. The former can do 1280x720, but pushes black bars onto the top/bottom of the screen and is slightly fuzzy for obvious reasons. The former also has one other resolution option above the native, which is 2036x1273, but is fuzzy too as the other. I don't have to worry about audio, as I'm using my old Wii's composite cable for that

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
According to the description you will be able to to do what you want. But there are risk that you will lose top/bottom or left/right bit of the picture, but this can be solve from the WiiU's video output settings.

Myself, if I ever need to do that, I would buy it.

Pip'

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem here is that you're using monitory and they may or may not have internal scalers in them. Worst case scenario you can always grab an HDMI splitter and place it before the DVI converter unless yours has a passthrough for the native signal.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you even still have those monitors? They aren't even widescreen. I often find 2 wide screen monitors to be too cramped, wish I could have three. How do you get any actual work done?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone is wasteful and throws out perfectly good working stuff just because new stuff is out. Or maybe someone just let him have the old monitors when they were upgrading. Could be plenty of reasons he has those, I applaud his trying to figure out how to put them to good use.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show