Would this HDMI->DVI cable work from Wii U to my PC monitors?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DiscostewSM, Mar 2, 2015.

1. DiscostewSM
    OP

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    http://www.amazon.com/Get-Home-Speed-Bi-Directional-Cable/dp/B00QIISW9O/

The thing is, I have 2 monitors. One outputs 1400x900 and the other is 1600x1200 (both as their native resolutions, or pixel-perfect). I usually use the latter for browsing while I use the former for games. The former can do 1280x720, but pushes black bars onto the top/bottom of the screen and is slightly fuzzy for obvious reasons. The former also has one other resolution option above the native, which is 2036x1273, but is fuzzy too as the other. I don't have to worry about audio, as I'm using my old Wii's composite cable for that

2. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    According to the description you will be able to to do what you want. But there are risk that you will lose top/bottom or left/right bit of the picture, but this can be solve from the WiiU's video output settings.

Myself, if I ever need to do that, I would buy it.

Pip'

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The problem here is that you're using monitory and they may or may not have internal scalers in them. Worst case scenario you can always grab an HDMI splitter and place it before the DVI converter unless yours has a passthrough for the native signal.

4. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Why do you even still have those monitors? They aren't even widescreen. I often find 2 wide screen monitors to be too cramped, wish I could have three. How do you get any actual work done?

5. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Not everyone is wasteful and throws out perfectly good working stuff just because new stuff is out. Or maybe someone just let him have the old monitors when they were upgrading. Could be plenty of reasons he has those, I applaud his trying to figure out how to put them to good use.

Pippin666 and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  6. DiscostewSM
    OP

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California