Hacking Worth updating and rehacking my wii?

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe I'm on 4.2 or maybe even 4.1. I hacked my Wii a few years back and am just curious if it's worth updating and if so should I update the firmware via Nintendo and then use ModMii to hack it again or is that a bad idea with an already hacked Wii?

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I'm on 4.2 or maybe even 4.1. I hacked my Wii a few years back and am just curious if it's worth updating and if so should I update the firmware via Nintendo and then use ModMii to hack it again or is that a bad idea with an already hacked Wii?

I think you should sell the Wii or give it to someone who won't brick it by doing something that pretty much every tutorial tells you not to do.. Just use modmii, it'll update all of the stuff, the system menu version really doesn't mean jack these days.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As has already been said, you should use ModMii to update the files on your Wii. The easiest way is to run a sysCheck and allow ModMii to analyze it and update the necessary files. As for your system menu, it doesn't really matter what version you're on. System Menu 4.1 was the last system menu to offer anything new; System Menus 4.2 and 4.3 were just for anti-homebrew. All that really matters are the IOS and cIOS files on your Wii. Just let ModMii take care of those.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol