Worth importing a US Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Harsky, Dec 10, 2007.

Dec 10, 2007

Worth importing a US Wii? by Harsky at 1:17 PM (682 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    So next February I'll be in Hong Kong right when Smash Brawl gets released in the US and knowing vendors in Hong Kong, they'll probably have it for sale a day later in their stalls. Which brings me the question of I already have a PAL Wii and since I'm not too keen on the current modchips out for the Wii, I wonder if it's being silly buying another Wii but this time a US compatible one?

2. TaeK

Member TaeK GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well, is $249.99 worth it just to play smash bros brawl a few weeks (or a month or two) early?

3. Jackreyes

Jackreyes Newbie

Well...
    I would probably sell my PAL Wii and buy a NTSC-USA one given the choice...

but... that seems like a lot of money to spend to play one game early.

4. choupette

Newcomer choupette Advanced Member

France
    I'm french, and I have a US Wii.
    it has been a hard choice, but I eventually sold my eur Wii, to buy one from canada.
    I buy my games on www.play-asia.com's site (they're reliable, fast and cheap due to the high dollar value).
    language will obvisouly not be a problem to you. I'd advise you to go for it, you won't have to pay the shipping for your console as you're going back with it, and ordering from hong kong is cheap : I usually pay about 37 euros per game (which translates according to yahoo to 26,5858 pounds).