Wii has no signal and does not respond

VictoriaValentine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will still keep tabs on my Wii, though. It is possible this is one of those "Lucky" moments where it does decide to work, but only for some amount of time (Like a week to a month and then it returns to a black screen again like before). Next time it happens (hopefully it stays away), I will say so in this thread. I am uncertain if I can call this "Fixed" yet. Thanks for all your help! If there's anything else I can do, I'd be happy to try it out.

• Love
Reactions: Alexander1970

CoolMe

Old Soul..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this will not help you with your problem, but you can post a syscheck to see if your softmods are up to date. I would try with another tv since you've said the tv made a popping sound, and the Wii stays ON with green light.

VictoriaValentine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know this will not help you with your problem, but you can post a syscheck to see if your softmods are up to date. I would try with another tv since you've said the tv made a popping sound, and the Wii stays ON with green light.
I will try the syscheck tommorow and post it here! About that popping noise, It's not a TV defect, it randomly happens, and it comes from the Wii AV cables. My TV interprets it as audio, likely the Wii trying to output something through the cables or sending electricity over it. I'm unsure what triggers it though. Whenever it happens, the next time I boot up the Wii it works perfectly.

CoolMe

Old Soul..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try the syscheck tommorow and post it here! About that popping noise, It's not a TV defect, it randomly happens, and it comes from the Wii AV cables. My TV interprets it as audio, likely the Wii trying to output something through the cables or sending electricity over it. I'm unsure what triggers it though. Whenever it happens, the next time I boot up the Wii it works perfectly.
Could be something the AV port connector on the Wii is failing ? Explains why the Wii stays ON with green lights, and it needs to be replaced. You can also inspect it visually with a flashlight for any misaligned pins that could be shorting the system.

VictoriaValentine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could be something the AV port connector on the Wii is failing ? Explains why the Wii stays ON with green lights, and it needs to be replaced. You can also inspect it visually with a flashlight for any misaligned pins that could be shorting the system.
I don't think it's the AV port failing, as with the black screen, I cannot connect my Wiimotes. Yet I can use them to turn the Wii on.

VictoriaValentine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello again! Day 2, and the Wii works perfectly, so I decided to reassemble it.
I decided to do a syscheck, and this is the result. (I had to put it in a .zip file)

Attachments

• sysCheck.zip
    809 bytes · Views: 10

CoolMe

Old Soul..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again! Day 2, and the Wii works perfectly, so I decided to reassemble it.

I decided to do a syscheck, and this is the result. (I had to put it in a .zip file)
Your cIOSs look outdated, you can use @XFlak 's ModMii to update them, just drag & drop the syscheck file into ModMii, it will tell you what to update.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DuckBoi @ DuckBoi: .