Wii has no signal

HelpMiiplease

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I recently got a used Wii. It turns on and accepts disks, but it doesn't have a video signal. There is no picture or sound on the TV. I also cannot connect a Wii remote to it. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it. I don't know much about how the wiis internal hardware works so I figured I'd ask here.
Thanks,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello,
I recently got a used Wii. It turns on and accepts disks, but it doesn't have a video signal. There is no picture or sound on the TV. I also cannot connect a Wii remote to it. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it. I don't know much about how the wiis internal hardware works so I figured I'd ask here.
Thanks,

Probably the Bluetooth module disconnected from the motherboard. Open your console and reattach it. Try turning it on again.

If that doesn't work, then you probably have some kind of brick.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
More information needed.
  • Was any unofficial/homebrew software installed on the Wii?
  • What happened before the issue?
    • Opened console?
    • Dropped it?
    • Software experiment?
  • Can you turn on your console with a (previously synced) remote?
Did you go through usual process of elimination to rule out peripherals as problem (testing different AV cable, power adapter and TV)?

Poor (or better say nonexistent) error handling by Home Menu makes troubleshooting this issue hard.

HelpMiiplease

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked Bluetooth module, it didn't change anything. I have no background info on the wii since I bought it from a yard sale. There are no remotes synced and remotes won't sync with it. No idea if it had any modifications. I haven't dropped it and there is no visible damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright