• NONE

Votes: 19 13.1%

• Total voters

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had you asked me 10 years ago if I liked FPS games, I would have said "Oh yes they are awesome!" now 3,000 FPS games later.... I am just so bored with FPS it takes an exceptional one to even catch my interest long enough to finish the often short single player mission. Black Ops was the most recent FPS I would say that I enjoyed (and that was mostly for the story.) and I do want to play Borderlands 2 when it comes out. After that I really have no interest in more FPS games.

So I voted FPS, I would rather play a Cooking Momma game over some new generic FPS....

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also: @Guild: Goldeneye is amazing. If you handed me that and Perfect Dark, I'd throw Perfect Dark away. I hated that game. Pacing was slow, everything looked like crap for what it was trying to be, a lot of lag and everything. Even the XBLA version couldn't fix that.

The Xbox Live version ran at a smooth 60FPS and had all the Goldeneye maps and weapons.

How is it NOT better?

EDIT: As per this whole "FPS games are so old now" thing, I don't see it. I mean we get the publishers "flagship" war FPS games (CoD, Battlefield, MoH to an extent, and Homefront but that doesn't seem too promising). They're very different from Halo, different from Crysis, different from Borderlands, different from tons of other FPS games. If a couple of CoD and Battlefield titles accounts for a market oversaturation, I suggest you look at the SRPG market. Nippon Ichi deals exclusively in SRPGs and just look how many they've made, ported, or remade in the past console generation? Hell they started shoving every goddamn SRPG they could onto the Vita.

If your definition of modern FPS games is CoD and stuff like that, then you suffer from tunnel vision.

Reactions: 3 people

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
whoever voted music needs to die!
So you want someone to die for having a different opinion on something you're passionate about?

Nice place, this gbatemp. I feel so free to state how I think about things! :D

Why do people always forget puzzle games? (Don't add it, I love puzzle games :P)
Even worse: the TS even went as far as to forget to overlook puzzle games! :P (yeah, it's in the poll alright).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
FPS and sports.
I am not talking about good FPS's like Half Life, I am talking the generic crap we get nowadays like COD and Halo that have ruined the FPS market.
As for sports game, EA sports have ruined that by not allowing anyone to make any sports games anymore.
Both had a great start when they first came out, with unique features and gameplay. Nowadays they have all become generic and predicable.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do people always forget puzzle games? (Don't add it, I love puzzle games :P)
Even worse: the TS even went as far as to forget to overlook puzzle games! :P (yeah, it's in the poll alright).
OK, I was tired when I wrote that post but was the puzzle category there before I posted or not? Otherwise I might be going mad :L

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OK, I was tired when I wrote that post but was the puzzle category there before I posted or not? Otherwise I might be going mad :L
It was there when I first saw it, yes. (a few others and myself made the notion that tetris is a puzzler exactly for that reason).

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
It was there when I first saw it, yes. (a few others and myself made the notion that tetris is a puzzler exactly for that reason).
OK I'm gonna blame that on having literally just woken up when I wrote it :P

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also: @Guild: Goldeneye is amazing. If you handed me that and Perfect Dark, I'd throw Perfect Dark away. I hated that game. Pacing was slow, everything looked like crap for what it was trying to be, a lot of lag and everything. Even the XBLA version couldn't fix that.

The Xbox Live version ran at a smooth 60FPS and had all the Goldeneye maps and weapons.

How is it NOT better?

In pretty much every single way. Sure I prefer Goldeneye on the N64, but when it comes to Perfect Dark, then N64 version had the fun factor all behind it that the XBLA version lacked severely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7