• Total voters

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOR ME IS FPS , BECAUSE ITS ANNOYNG AND BORING , EXCLUDING GOLDENEY 007

Goldeneye is kinda shit nowadays. Hell is was pretty shit when Perfect Dark came out.

But I'm not surprised that GBAtemp keeps saying "FPS" because people here seem to equate Call of Duty and the like to the Black Plague.

Personally I'm not a fan of strategy (turn-based or RTS), sports (exception being a few good Mario sports games),or simulation (if by simulation you mean Railworks and crap like that).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no bad genre just bad game developers. Any developer worth their salt can make a good game for any genre and personally I reckon you are not a true gamer if you dismiss any genre.

It's always best to try them even if its not a style you like, if you don't you'll miss out on some real gems.

Reactions: 10 people

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am sorry, but I hate all FPS where you have to shoot at humans(COD, BF, everything, I play GTA but riding trough people instead of shooting them is way more fun! And well Just Cause 2 is a small exception for now, cos I love to explore the island!)

I also can't stand sports games except for Tennis games which aren't great as well. I play Virtua Tennis 4 a LOT cos I want to have it's trophies and it's pretty mindless fun.(When I get my Platinum trophy the hype might be gone D: ) Oh and Mario Tennis on the N64 is way to go, every sports game needs to be like a Mario game!

Are there any people who can't stand RPG's? I can't stand Western RPG's like Skyrim they are BORING as hell... I can't explain myself for this but yeah it is my opinion. All JRPGS are awesome.(I am a japan/korea-aholic)

I also hate MMO's it brainwashes people.

Edit: Hadrian just took the words out of my mouth. That is an awesome reply.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is no bad genre just bad game developers. Any developer worth their salt can make a good game for any genre and personally I reckon you are not a true gamer if you dismiss any genre.

It's always best to try them even if its not a style you like, if you don't you'll miss out on some real gems.

i never played/wanted a game bacause its from activision , ubisoft or any those , only because i want or i know it is good , like:Pokemon/zelda

weavile001

Spiritmaster
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am sorry, but I hate all FPS where you have to shoot at humans(COD, BF, everything, I play GTA but riding trough people instead of shooting them is way more fun! And well Just Cause 2 is a small exception for now, cos I love to explore the island!)

I also can't stand sports games except for Tennis games which aren't great as well. I play Virtua Tennis 4 a LOT cos I want to have it's trophies and it's pretty mindless fun.(When I get my Platinum trophy the hype might be gone D: ) Oh and Mario Tennis on the N64 is way to go, every sports game needs to be like a Mario game!

Are there any people who can't stand RPG's? I can't stand Western RPG's like Skyrim they are BORING as hell... I can't explain myself for this but yeah it is my opinion. All JRPGS are awesome.(I am a japan/korea-aholic)

I also hate MMO's it brainwashes people.

Edit: Hadrian just took the words out of my mouth. That is an awesome reply.
yeah those kinds of rpg are boring and mind-consuming ,

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i´m not saiyng that i never played any game,i played almost all good games , excluding zelda wind waker, assasin creed and any FPS

"Any FPS" is a pretty large lack. Valve made a living off creating FPS (well, first person) games and missing any of them feels like a war crime.

And yeah I'm a war criminal because I never played the first Half Life.

Reactions: 2 people

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

no, you can dislike a whole genre and there is nothing you can do to the genre to make it fun for some people. like driving simulators, there are simply boring as all hell specially if you don't like driving in the first place. you can add all the explosions and speed you want but at it's core, the simulation aspect is still boring to me.

sports is another one. i don't find anything fun about football. that includes playing in in real life, watching it on tv, going to my own school game event or any variation of football, such as touch or flag. so there really is no way you can make this genre fun for me in a video game.

edit, and i can't stand any RPGs. i cant' even stand some light rpg elements in games like zelda.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

no, you can dislike a whole genre and there is nothing you can do to the genre to make it fun for some people. like driving simulators, there are simply boring as all hell specially if you don't like driving in the first place. you can add all the explosions and speed you want but at it's core, the simulation aspect is still boring to me.

sports is another one. i don't find anything fun about football. that includes playing in in real life, watching it on tv, going to my own school game event or any variation of football, such as touch or flag. so there really is no way you can make this genre fun for me in a video game.

edit, and i can't stand any RPGs. i cant' even stand some light rpg elements in games like zelda.
If you feel that way then you truly lack imagination.

I really wasn't into 3D stealth games, I hated them but if I went by the "I'll always hate those kind of games" I wouldn't have played the excellent Arkham Asylum.

Reactions: 1 person

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah. I was trying to think of a genre I didn't like, but I can only think of companies I don't like. ImageEpoch, hahahahaah. There is no single genre which doesn't contain a game that I absolutely LOVE.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

are you saiyng football or soccer? because if it is footbal , yeah it is a shit , but if it is soccer , inazuma eleven is the best

the only racing game that i play is mario kart
rpg

badgerkins

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Racing games. Apart from Mario Kart, they're all pretty boring.

Realistic simulation games. Flight, trains, farming, etc. Management games on the other hand like SimCity and Rollercoaster Tycoon I love.

RTS. Just not good at them xP

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you saiyng football or soccer? because if it is footbal , yeah it is a shit , but if it is soccer , inazuma eleven is the best

Football in the USA is not soccer so I'll assume he meant American football.

Although I do find most sports games rather dull unless they're like Mario-ized to the point where they're barely a sports game any more. Like I'd probably fall asleep or quit trying to play FIFA but I could sit through a few games of Mario Strikers. I'm not in love with them but I'll play them if they're offered.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate Sports games. Not because I dont like sports, which I do like, but because EA and other assholes of the industry make millions a year off of something I can go and do in my front yard for maybe 7 bucks with a few friends.

And even then its not all sport games I hate (like Izuma or Mario. Hell, I even like NBA JAM)

Reactions: 1 person

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I don't even play sports games, but I would rather play Madden 2013 Clockwork Orange style until my eyes bleed, than play another Brown & Bloom™ shooter with "Kill everything, then go over there and kill everything else" Gameplay.

Reactions: 2 people

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some list: it has tetris as a genre (I would have sworn that was a puzzler), but it's missing basic things like TPS or RTS.

I don't know enough of fishing games to call it a genre (I'd say endless ocean was just a simulation, but meh...whatever floats yer boat), but still: fishing games.

Close second: pretty much anything with turn based gameplay. Fallout is still my only REAL exception thus far (xenoblades and advance wars get good grades, but they never really held my interest).

EDIT: wait: skip that. Close second is anything with too much freakin' "REALISM"! I bet all the votes for FPS are because they are fed up with just having to crouch everywhere or having to wait to respawn all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up