OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is my first blog post
smile.gif
, but it's depressing
frown.gif

Now last year I was top of the class in maths, nailed on getting into set 1. But in the end of year exam I only got 62% so ended up in set 3, my dad got pissed off because:

A)I did shit in my exam
B)The school put me in set 3 in spite of my previous maths results

Now my dad contacts the school and tells them about this, around the same time I had a maths test. In this test I got 71/90, second in my set and drawing with the person with the most in set 2, the guy who came infront of me in my set got 72/90 (only one mark more
mad.gif
) he got immediately moved up into set 2 and I got stuck in set 3. Now, when I tell my dad he gets even more annoyed at the school and at me (because I never told him and I didn't revise), anyway, he inquires why I didn't get moved up and the school pretty much gives him the middle finger. Now my dad is super pissed and I tell him that I have a maths test this Friday, he says, "no electronics until I get the result of the test", this is fair enough, but then I told him that I had a Physics test last Friday and got 22/30 (which is an A* according to my teacher), and my Dad goes on a rant about why I should have got 100% with a bit of effort.

Now because of the Physics test I'm not allowed my computer, iPod, DS and PS3 until Christmas. Right now I'm slyly writing this on my mums computer in private browsing.

So I won't be on until then
cry.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's tough luck right there. Grades like that SHOULD be rewarded. Why punish somebody who's making A's and B's? I make straight C's and my mom and dad support me all the way because they know that common sense is much more useful in the "adult world." Good luck to you man, and you will be missed.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I swear everything I did at until my A-levels were such a waste of time.

I guess it's best ot try and bear with it. I know I would an environment like that becuase I work somuch better without pressure.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
meh, same with me. I'm getting good grades, all I get is a 'ok' or 'nice', but when it's bad (like a 5/10 or something) I also get everything taken away.
Anyway, get to work and then you can get back on the temp, good luck
smile.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Set 3 from a 62%? Your school is damned harsh! That's a B Grade at least (going off scottish system anyway, a B is 60-70% at Higher, Standard Grades are different since its 3 different exams for different levels)
My best advice is to see it through and your dad might lighten up after a week or so if he sees you working hard.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah more than enough parents are like that -.-V

my dad was the same back than, everything I did was at most ok but nothing was good even a perfekt score just made it to an "..... .... try to do the same next time, now stop annoying me"

in the first years of school I was allways one of the best in just everything but that started to wear off and that not because i became less intelligent but because I just had no motivation to learn at all.

I for one hate parents like that -.-V now that I am an Adult I tell my dad more than enough how much of an asshole he was ... well he seems little bit depressed sometimes, but mostly he just denies it ...

I would recommend to just don't care about thinks like that ... do as you wish as long as your parents act like idiots, but still listn to them if it sounds resonable ^^

P.S. 62% isn't that good oO especially when you are normaly good ...
fos.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
alidsl said:
I'm at a Grammer School
Fail.

I didn't have to do much study out of school hours and I was always in top sets for everything.
biggrin.gif

I mean that. For each subject I took which was filtered by ability I was always in the top.

totallynottryingtoshowoff

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
My parents are very happy if I get A's or B's, (which is like 10-9) and I mostly get them always from English, other subjects numbers vary very much for me, we got our math exam back, got an 6-, which I am kinda proud of, and its still better than many others in our class. But if I do get like 5 or 4, my parents just tell me to keep going, and in order to study, I have to decide stuff myself what and when will I read etc. But thats just harsh man.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ProtoKun7 said:
alidsl said:
I'm at a Grammer School
Fail.

I didn't have to do much study out of school hours and I was always in top sets for everything.
biggrin.gif

I mean that. For each subject I took which was filtered by ability I was always in the top.

totallynottryingtoshowoff
Yes, but that's because you're:
a) A hyper-intelligent alien
b) A time lord, so you can see the answers by going to the future, then coming back in time and doing the test
:3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1