World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic releases on September 26

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic has been confirmed for a September 26 release by Activision Blizzard. The original Wrath of the Lich King was WoW's second ever expansion, released back in 2008, and remains one of the most beloved to this day.

The WoW Classic version will make a few changes so it can be more welcoming to new players. The Death Knight class will be available from the start rather than at level 55, and there's also a new profession, Inscription, that will let players "scribe mystical glyphs that modify the properties of spells and abilities" and "craft powerful trinkets and off-hand items." Along with this expansion, achievements will be added to WoW Classic.

From now up until Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches, Blizzard has enabled a new buff, Joyous Journey, that increases all experience gains by 50%. The buff is optional and can be toggled by any innkeeper in a capital city, but will give players some extra help in getting their characters prepared for the new expansion.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Mama Looigi

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It'll be just like 15 years ago!
Except it won't.
Instead of wasting resources on these classic releases I wish the WoW team just fixed retail. Retail WoW is embarrassing compared to any other big MMO or Live service online game on the market. No player housing, no marriage system, a embarrasing character creator that frankly shouldn't even cost money to re-edit with what little options you get, poorly thought out story, content cycles with 1 yearlong droughts between expansions (shadowlands won't even get a x.3 patch ffs), each expansion effectively killing the previous one in terms of playable content making the game smaller, god awful UI that basically requires you to mod it to make it bearable. The World in World of Warcraft feels like an abandoned wasteland unless you're in current expansion territory.
At least they finally wisened up to not make a parasitic AP system this time around. But holy fuck this game hasn't been "the king of MMO's" for a long time now.
Oh yeah also i can't even consider giving actiblizz money in good conscious with the controversy and their recent push to ruin the boundaries of game monetization with Diablo Immortal. This company stood for something once, now companies like EA look like angels in comparison.

Reactions: AlexMCS

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, Wrath. What I wouldn't give to go back and play it in its heyday again. That was peak WoW for me, everything after that was a steady decline, even though I played right through to around the end of Warlords of Draenor.
I miss WoW when I think about it, but I don't miss it so much that I often think about it or wish I would play it now. I just don't have the time or disposable income. But I do miss what it was.

Reactions: AlexMCS

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't know if you were joking or not but they definitely need something to succeed WoW in future. I mean when the Classic experience has caught up to retail, what then?
I do was kidding... And not as well...
I mean, they make too much money with wow to even consider a wow2. But i do wish for one

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone knows everything about the games now, and the general online gaming community has become ultra focused on hyper-efficiency rather than actual freedom, exploration, and expression. You're not exploring a new world like before, you're exploring a world you know to death, that everyone else knows to death, and knows the most efficient way possible to do everything.

Classic servers fucking SUCK.

Reactions: Xzi

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm playing the original WotL on a PPC private server...
Fuck no :')

WM is probably getting better dev support from their inhouse devs than this mess will once it releases.
Actiblizz can smooch my rear, they won't get a single dime from me ever again. PS FTW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y