World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic releases on September 26

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic has been confirmed for a September 26 release by Activision Blizzard. The original Wrath of the Lich King was WoW's second ever expansion, released back in 2008, and remains one of the most beloved to this day.

The WoW Classic version will make a few changes so it can be more welcoming to new players. The Death Knight class will be available from the start rather than at level 55, and there's also a new profession, Inscription, that will let players "scribe mystical glyphs that modify the properties of spells and abilities" and "craft powerful trinkets and off-hand items." Along with this expansion, achievements will be added to WoW Classic.

From now up until Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches, Blizzard has enabled a new buff, Joyous Journey, that increases all experience gains by 50%. The buff is optional and can be toggled by any innkeeper in a capital city, but will give players some extra help in getting their characters prepared for the new expansion.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Mama Looigi

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't releasing expansions for classic make the entire idea of classic moot?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't releasing expansions for classic make the entire idea of classic moot?
Iirc, they completly changed maps and graphics (at least once)
I guess the classic version is the very very original story (i guess?)

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone knows everything about the games now, and the general online gaming community has become ultra focused on hyper-efficiency rather than actual freedom, exploration, and expression. You're not exploring a new world like before, you're exploring a world you know to death, that everyone else knows to death, and knows the most efficient way possible to do everything.

Classic servers fucking SUCK.
While I completely agree, that's literally every MMO now. There will never again be a time where people stumble blindly through online games, discovering their worlds and mechanics organically. The nature of the modern internet makes it impossible.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While I completely agree, that's literally every MMO now. There will never again be a time where people stumble blindly through online games, discovering their worlds and mechanics organically. The nature of the modern internet makes it impossible.
I still do?
Okay, I also must admit that i'm the little noob on MMORPG as well :tpi:

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Not another one of these nerd games
Incredible.
A post I can agree on 100% :tpi:

10\10 :hrth:

Ah, but you're a person, not a people! There are certainly outliers such as yourself, but ultimately the meta is shaped by the what the majority do.
Unless we're talking Apex Legends.
Where the "pro" gamers are the ones Respawn listens to...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay