Hacking Wood v1.24/v.1.13 No Text/Theme please help!

Deejay1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I installed both Wood R4 v1.13 and v1.24 and both version when ever I boot up my R4 there is no theme, and for the roms there is just the emblem and no text whatsoever, even when I try to press Y there is just 3 blank boxes, I need some help for this to be fixed as I want to add some cheats for Pokémon HG and Pokémon Black, I have tried going into my global settings and changed lan_Eng to English but still nothing happens, any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thankyou.

P.S I have the original R4.

Z

Zorua

First of all, are you aware that you're using a pretty outdated version?
The latest is Wood v1.28. It can be downloaded here.

Secondly, have you tried formatting your microSD using SD Formatter?
Find 'SD Formatter' on FileTrip.net

Also, can you tell me the URL mentioned on the box of the cart?

Deejay1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
First of all, are you aware that you're using a pretty outdated version?
The latest is Wood v1.28. It can be downloaded here.

Secondly, have you tried formatting your microSD using SD Formatter?
Find 'SD Formatter' on FileTrip.net

Also, can you tell me the URL mentioned on the box of the cart?
I haven't tried formatting my microSD and I will download the latest version of Wood, + What do you mean the URL on the top of the box? On mine it just says 2GB but on the front of the box it says www.r4ds.com, it is a legit R4 card

Deejay1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Deejay1 said:
I just downloaded the latest version but it still stays the same ;/

Try formatting it.
I don't wanna format it though cause I'll lose all my downloaded games, unless I can make a new file and copy them into that one and mformat it then paste them back into there?

Also, here's a screenshot of the files;

20sd75k.jpg

Z

Zorua

Deejay1 said:
Zorua said:
Deejay1 said:

Try formatting it.
I don't wanna format it though cause I'll lose all my downloaded games, unless I can make a new file and copy them into that one and mformat it then paste them back into there?

20sd75k.jpg

Copy everything to your computer and copy it back to the microSD after the format.

EDIT: WTF?! Why haven't you copied wood onto it?
I'll tell you how to do it. Download wood from the link I gave you earlier and extract the folder inside the archive to the desktop.
Then, copy the _rpg folder and the _DS_MENU.DAT file from inside the Wood_R4_v1.28 folder to the *'root' of your microSD.
*root refers to the default area of the microSD i.e. when you're not inside any folder.

drewmerc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'll guess you have a clone r4 thats not wood compatible
i see in that pic you have a tt menu so i think i'm right that you have a tt clone

Deejay1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Deejay1 said:
Zorua said:
Deejay1 said:

Try formatting it.

20sd75k.jpg

Copy everything to your computer and copy it back to the microSD after the format.

I'll tell you how to do it. Download wood from the link I gave you earlier and extract the folder inside the archive to the desktop.
Then, copy the _rpg folder and the _DS_MENU.DAT file from inside the Wood_R4_v1.28 folder to the *'root' of your microSD.
*root refers to the default area of the microSD i.e. when you're not inside any folder.
I got told to open up the rpg file and copy everything from there, not the rpg folder itself lol.

Z

Zorua

Deejay1 said:
Zorua said:
Deejay1 said:
Zorua said:
Deejay1 said:

Try formatting it.

20sd75k.jpg

I got told to open up the rpg file and copy everything from there, not the rpg folder itself lol.

Umm who the hell told you that? Do something, delete every single file and folder except for the Games folder and follow the instructions that I gave you.

Deejay1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Deejay1 said:
Zorua said:
Deejay1 said:
Zorua said:
Deejay1 said:

Try formatting it.

20sd75k.jpg

Umm who the hell told you that? Do something, delete every single file and folder except for the Games folder and follow the instructions that I gave you.
Thanks so much it works, but now when I press Y there is no 'Cheat' part where you press X, now what do i do?

Deejay1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just copied USRCHEAT.DAT into the cheats section of rpg and it worked, thanks so much for your help! Made my day even though it was just me being an absolute idiot!
tongue.gif
Thanks again!

Z

Zorua

To update the cheats, go here and download the USRCHEAT file. Then, extract the USRCHEAT.DAT from the archive to the _rpg/cheats folder which should be present on your microSD.

If you need any more help, feel free to ask me!
smile.gif

Deejay1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argh wtf I enabled cheats on Pokemon black and it wont load then i reset my r4 and no game are showing up wtff

Z

Zorua

Deejay1 said:
Argh wtf I enabled cheats on Pokemon black and it wont load then i reset my r4 and no game are showing up wtff

Take it easy.

Try rebooting your DS.

Also, load up the microSD on your computer and check if the files are still there.

EDIT: What?! Really?!
Format your microSD to prevent a similar incident in future.
Also, don't double/triple post.
Edit your previous post(s).

Z

Zorua

MaxNuker said:
is your rom patched? if so you have to edit the game codes i think

Read carefully.

That isn't his problem.

He could see the codes but when he enabled them, all his games got deleted.

Deejay1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made a backup Games folder on my desktop and when I try and copy the file it says I need more space what's going on
frown.gif

Can I format my MicroSd, then start all over again and then copy and paste my game back into there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative