Hacking wood r4 won't save please help

Rinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right i bought a ds lite in 2008 and it had the original r4 1.18 version and it DID NOT save ever and so i recently got a micro sd reader and updated it to the latest wood r4. Still DOES NOT SAVE :/ Before you ask, yes i have reformatted the sd card and checked for errors but it says the card is fine and not corrupt. I tried just changing the background of the start screen and even that doesn't save. WTH is going on?!!!

Rinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what kind of files? I just reformatted it and downloaded wood r4 newest version and put a some random nds games. When i open them they either crash or say the data could not be written. Please turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card. :/ I've been trying to fix this problem since 2008

Rinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
R4_DS_Card.jpg
looks exactly like this and the micro sd card is exactly like this :
images

Rinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i bought my ds lite with an r4ds card and the microsd card on ebay together from one seller. I clicked on the link and my microsd looks like the real one and it doesn't have any signs that would show it is fake.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
lol dammit ok i'll buy a new micro sd. Do you think the r4 card itself is fake?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-2GB-microSD-Card/dp/B000X4B30O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365619743&sr=8-1&keywords=2gb micro sd does this one look legit

@Pong2030: but i can delete stuff on it and add new stuff
It's likely you have a 1:1 clone if you bought it recently, some would call this a fake but since it has the same hardware it doesn't really matter. Had you posted here before buying it you would have been recommended to get a different flashcart that still receives official updates, however Wood R4 on an original R4 will do the job as long as you don't intend on getting a DSi or 3DS any time soon.

The reason you can delete and add things might be that your SD card reader/computer ignores the read-only flag, but the R4 doesn't. His suggestion is worth a try.

I can't say if that SanDisk is real or not but you may have trouble with certain games, some games require a high speed MicroSD and on non-SDHC flashcarts an original Kingston SD-C01G or SD-C02G (the japan-produced one) is the best option. There are others that are high speed as well, and there was a good list of them but I can't seem to find it now.

That said, I don't think fake SanDisks are common, but that's just because I never hear of them.
However my experience with SanDisk SD cards are that they are slow. I would suggest almost anything else, perhaps a Transcend card (never heard of these being faked)

I'm not really sure what the best option is other than an original japanese Kingston though, which you should look around for in your local stores (it should say Made in Japan somewhere, NOT on the MicroSD to SD adapter itself as that could be produced in a different place than the MicroSD) as online you never know if they're fake or not, unless you buy from a trusted online electronics store.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Read-only was a thought, but that's why I asked if he could add stuff first.

He said he was working on it since 2008, and back then it was still a relatively decent cart.

Sandisks are faked too, it's just Kingston runs extra risks because in addition to fakes, Kingston is a reseller and have variable quality.

Rinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried to get it out of read only but i couldn't so i'm going to buy a new one now.
It appears that even amazon has a lot of fake ones. Anyone know a website where i can get legit ones

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Amazon doesn't just sell their own stuff, they also let other people sell through them. Look at a listing to see if it's sold by amazon or not. For example this.
http://www.amazon.com/2GB-Sandisk-M...F8&qid=1365629171&sr=1-1&keywords=2gb+MicroSD
"Ships from and sold by Memory Expert." means it's not Amazon itself providing the product. Unfortunately I can't find the option to see stuff just from them...

So I'd suggest other stores like Newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-208-244&IsVirtualParent=1

Rinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
UPDATE: i bought a new micro sd looks genuine, got a serial number and everything but i still get the SAME problem. "the save file could not be read" when i open up a game and when i try to change the background of the start screen for wood r4 it stays the same. Please help :/

p.s btw i haven't created any sav files, i thought it would do that by itself

Rinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, i tried ysmenu and that retrogamefan mod and i tried to start pokemon black.nds and it said would you like to create a .sav file and i clicked yes and it said "sav creation failed". Why won't it save?!!

EDIT: anyone? please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nTSxdJWZiRA