Hacking Wood R4 (.NDS files to load Wood R4)(CK3)

Natipoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your link

I don't really understand why you gave me this link... I don't see any downloadable software anyware... I have a verison of Ysmenu from a long time ago but can you send me a link for ysmenu and this updated version. sorry but i'm not so great at this kinda thing lol
mellow.gif

duduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using the latest version, and I have an original R4 (and also a R4 SDHC, put that's besides the point) from way back when, and I get issues saving with some games, off the top of my head: Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney Investigations. Am I doing something wrong?

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
duduck said:
I'm using the latest version, and I have an original R4 (and also a R4 SDHC, put that's besides the point) from way back when, and I get issues saving with some games, off the top of my head: Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney Investigations. Am I doing something wrong?

Watch out with PATCHED or CRACKED roms, if you have it then download the clean rom!
Also try to format your SD card.

duduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CoolKill3r said:
duduck said:

Watch out with PATCHED or CRACKED roms, if you have it then download the clean rom!

I'm sure I have clean roms and I've tried formatting. Are there any known issues that stem from booting up wood R4 while using a kernel other than 1.18? I'm running out of ideas, guess I might try YSMenu for these games and see if something new happens. Although, no one else seems to have any problems saving, so might be my SD after all.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is quite an acheivement, though not without faults.
Most new games and some old don't seem to be able to save data, although they can load correctly.
My roms are all clean and I have recently formatted my SD, so none of that can be an issue.
Hopefully the matters with saving will see solution.

neothesnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
probably already asked:

1. Can you use this firmware on a for example M3 real?
2. If the first one is no, it isnt possible; would/can it be possible?

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
duduck said:
CoolKill3r said:
duduck said:

I'm sure I have clean roms and I've tried formatting. Are there any known issues that stem from booting up wood R4 while using a kernel other than 1.18? I'm running out of ideas, guess I might try YSMenu for these games and see if something new happens. Although, no one else seems to have any problems saving, so might be my SD after all.

What kind of flashcard do you have?

QUOTE(neothesnake @ Mar 4 2011, 04:24 PM)
probably already asked:

1. Can you use this firmware on a for example M3 real?
2. If the first one is no, it isnt possible; would/can it be possible?

Use Wood for M3 for that

duduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You mean, like, if I have an R4? That's what I have, yeah. Bought it before all these fakes started lurking the market, even. As I mentioned before, I also have a fake R4, one of those R4SDHC, that I bought for my girlfriend, but she upgraded and now it's mine. I rarely use it, though. If you meant what kind of SD I have, it's a Kingston.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same kind of SD, I hope the saving problems are solved, or this firmware will prove rather unusable.
Would be nice to dual boot YSmenu and Wood, as some games don't work correctly with the latest release of YSmenu even.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Using the tools and steps Coolkill3r's shown you can pretty much make it yourself out of the normal wood. I did it.
Doesn't save for me though.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Edit: Since the command set for SDHC cards is different, unless this loader is fundamentally modfied to reflect these differences, code wise, it won't work fully.

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
duduck said:
You mean, like, if I have an R4? That's what I have, yeah. Bought it before all these fakes started lurking the market, even. As I mentioned before, I also have a fake R4, one of those R4SDHC, that I bought for my girlfriend, but she upgraded and now it's mine. I rarely use it, though. If you meant what kind of SD I have, it's a Kingston.

Witch one do you use, the Original or fake one?

QUOTE(Red_Slash @ Mar 5 2011, 04:17 AM) Using the tools and steps Coolkill3r's shown you can pretty much make it yourself out of the normal wood. I did it.

I'm using a special modified encrypter for wood.
Dont know if it makes much of a diffrence

duduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Uh, like I said, the original one. It's a not case of ''mistaken identity'', I'm not using the fake one at all, and it's kinda hard to mistake them: the fake one has a 4 gig SD card, different kernel and skin and a whole different list of roms.

It's working perfectly for most games, it's just those games I mentioned - and Radiant Historia, which I completely forgot until now - that refuse to save, but load up and play without glitches of any kind.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CoolKill3r said:
duduck said:

Witch one do you use, the Original or fake one?

QUOTE(Red_Slash @ Mar 5 2011, 04:17 AM) Using the tools and steps Coolkill3r's shown you can pretty much make it yourself out of the normal wood. I did it.

I'm using a special modified encrypter for wood.
Dont know if it makes much of a diffrence

I don't know either, I followed your steps but the games only load, don't save, I hope you can help me figure out what the matter is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fellas
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia with no guarantee of being paid?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol. Have you heard about this?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I wish the people who make these emulators know the basic primer course on copyright and trademarks.
  • NecroNova @ NecroNova:
    Speaking of emulators, i now have a more genuine use for my 3DS after Artic Base released
    NecroNova @ NecroNova: Speaking of emulators, i now have a more genuine use for my 3DS after Artic Base released