Hacking Wood R4 (.NDS files to load Wood R4)(CK3)

Natipoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your link

I don't really understand why you gave me this link... I don't see any downloadable software anyware... I have a verison of Ysmenu from a long time ago but can you send me a link for ysmenu and this updated version. sorry but i'm not so great at this kinda thing lol
mellow.gif

duduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using the latest version, and I have an original R4 (and also a R4 SDHC, put that's besides the point) from way back when, and I get issues saving with some games, off the top of my head: Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney Investigations. Am I doing something wrong?

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
duduck said:
I'm using the latest version, and I have an original R4 (and also a R4 SDHC, put that's besides the point) from way back when, and I get issues saving with some games, off the top of my head: Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney Investigations. Am I doing something wrong?

Watch out with PATCHED or CRACKED roms, if you have it then download the clean rom!
Also try to format your SD card.

duduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CoolKill3r said:
duduck said:

Watch out with PATCHED or CRACKED roms, if you have it then download the clean rom!

I'm sure I have clean roms and I've tried formatting. Are there any known issues that stem from booting up wood R4 while using a kernel other than 1.18? I'm running out of ideas, guess I might try YSMenu for these games and see if something new happens. Although, no one else seems to have any problems saving, so might be my SD after all.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is quite an acheivement, though not without faults.
Most new games and some old don't seem to be able to save data, although they can load correctly.
My roms are all clean and I have recently formatted my SD, so none of that can be an issue.
Hopefully the matters with saving will see solution.

neothesnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
probably already asked:

1. Can you use this firmware on a for example M3 real?
2. If the first one is no, it isnt possible; would/can it be possible?

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
duduck said:
CoolKill3r said:
duduck said:

I'm sure I have clean roms and I've tried formatting. Are there any known issues that stem from booting up wood R4 while using a kernel other than 1.18? I'm running out of ideas, guess I might try YSMenu for these games and see if something new happens. Although, no one else seems to have any problems saving, so might be my SD after all.

What kind of flashcard do you have?

QUOTE(neothesnake @ Mar 4 2011, 04:24 PM)
probably already asked:

1. Can you use this firmware on a for example M3 real?
2. If the first one is no, it isnt possible; would/can it be possible?

Use Wood for M3 for that

duduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You mean, like, if I have an R4? That's what I have, yeah. Bought it before all these fakes started lurking the market, even. As I mentioned before, I also have a fake R4, one of those R4SDHC, that I bought for my girlfriend, but she upgraded and now it's mine. I rarely use it, though. If you meant what kind of SD I have, it's a Kingston.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same kind of SD, I hope the saving problems are solved, or this firmware will prove rather unusable.
Would be nice to dual boot YSmenu and Wood, as some games don't work correctly with the latest release of YSmenu even.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Using the tools and steps Coolkill3r's shown you can pretty much make it yourself out of the normal wood. I did it.
Doesn't save for me though.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Edit: Since the command set for SDHC cards is different, unless this loader is fundamentally modfied to reflect these differences, code wise, it won't work fully.

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
duduck said:
You mean, like, if I have an R4? That's what I have, yeah. Bought it before all these fakes started lurking the market, even. As I mentioned before, I also have a fake R4, one of those R4SDHC, that I bought for my girlfriend, but she upgraded and now it's mine. I rarely use it, though. If you meant what kind of SD I have, it's a Kingston.

Witch one do you use, the Original or fake one?

QUOTE(Red_Slash @ Mar 5 2011, 04:17 AM) Using the tools and steps Coolkill3r's shown you can pretty much make it yourself out of the normal wood. I did it.

I'm using a special modified encrypter for wood.
Dont know if it makes much of a diffrence

duduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Uh, like I said, the original one. It's a not case of ''mistaken identity'', I'm not using the fake one at all, and it's kinda hard to mistake them: the fake one has a 4 gig SD card, different kernel and skin and a whole different list of roms.

It's working perfectly for most games, it's just those games I mentioned - and Radiant Historia, which I completely forgot until now - that refuse to save, but load up and play without glitches of any kind.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CoolKill3r said:
duduck said:

Witch one do you use, the Original or fake one?

QUOTE(Red_Slash @ Mar 5 2011, 04:17 AM) Using the tools and steps Coolkill3r's shown you can pretty much make it yourself out of the normal wood. I did it.

I'm using a special modified encrypter for wood.
Dont know if it makes much of a diffrence

I don't know either, I followed your steps but the games only load, don't save, I hope you can help me figure out what the matter is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson