Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
exangel said:
theash said:
I CAN NOT GET ANY OF THESE TO WORK ON MY R4SDHC. PLEASE HELP. I AM DOING EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAYS. SITS ON LOADING. EVEN IF I RENAME

Don't yell at us if it doesn't work.
People have told you Wood won't work on a clone which you have.
You have to use the original firmware and LIVE WITH IT if newer games don't work--unless you can be patient enough to learn how to get YSMenu working.
It is not our responsibility to get your clone working with alternative firmware.

ohhh yeaa u are superior becouse u have a original and i have a clone , don't be a machine! ... all is piracy !!! U are superior if u have a ORIGINAL GAME no a ORIGINAL FLASHCARD!

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
magicksun said:
exangel said:
theash said:
I CAN NOT GET ANY OF THESE TO WORK ON MY R4SDHC. PLEASE HELP. I AM DOING EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAYS. SITS ON LOADING. EVEN IF I RENAME

You have to use the original firmware and LIVE WITH IT if newer games don't work--unless you can be patient enough to learn how to get YSMenu working.
It is not our responsibility to get your clone working with alternative firmware.

ohhh yeaa u are superior becouse u have a original and i have a clone , don't be a machine! ... all is piracy !!! U are superior if u have a ORIGINAL GAME no a ORIGINAL FLASHCARD!
agreed lady

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I am being serious. Does it support SDHC mSD? Because it WILL work on R4SDHC, but only on ordinary mSD cards. My question is a valid one (aka, i am NOT trolling for the heck of post count) and i have read the FAQ but when looking at the source, i have come across this.
Code:
u32 isSDHC(void)
{
ÂÂreturn 0;
}

Which is a cheap way of disabling SDHC support imo.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magicksun said:
exangel said:
theash said:

W. T. F.
blink.gif

I am profoundly bewildered.
You don't understand.
He had created the same or similar topic in several of the NDS forums. And I thought he was CAPS-yelling on purpose.
I was not in any way putting him down.
And I do own a clone. I just don't use it as my primary card anymore.
And aside from all that he thanked me; I haven't been anything but honest with him.
blink.gif

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
theash said:
thanks angel. any tips for someone with an sdhc. im not clever enough to go YSMenu. but limited on games. thanks very much. should i buy another card?

well even if you get it to load its still going to have save issues so your best bet is to try to get ysmenu to work on your card
its actually really easy if you use any one of the these auto builders
a2h's YSMenu generator
unofficial R4YSAuto 0.0.2.2
The Mini YSMenu Generator

squishynidas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
I am being serious. Does it support SDHC mSD? Because it WILL work on R4SDHC, but only on ordinary mSD cards. My question is a valid one (aka, i am NOT trolling for the heck of post count) and i have read the FAQ but when looking at the source, i have come across this.
Code:
u32 isSDHC(void)
{
ÂÂreturn 0;
}

So if someone changes that void setting it will work?

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
squishynidas said:
fgghjjkll said:
Code:
u32 isSDHC(void)
{
ÂÂreturn 0;
}

So if someone changes that void setting it will work?
but first someone has to fix that,and i have no idea how to do it

theash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for al your help Angel. very much appreciated. i ahve built ys menu using that prebuilder (that was great i was flummoxed before) and am now going to format the chip and add the contents to the root of the card. fingers crossed it has made me a file with TTmenu folder and _DS_MENU.DAT. i presume i just copy this to the fomratted disk and add games to top level as normal? as a backup i have ordered an acecard2i , which it seems is the rolls royce (?)

Thanks for taking the time to help

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a clone exactly like yours (my R4 clone cannot fully run YSMenu) but what you're doing sounds about right. Best of luck on using it while you wait for your Acekard.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that it is clear that the card command 0xBD and 0xBE are different in R4 and R4SDHC. So may I have the card command reference for R4SDHC?

vilneamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I would know what you guys were talking about I would definately help but I don't^^ lol

So, the problem is now known, and just needs a fix?
or did I misunderstand?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
vilneamo said:
If I would know what you guys were talking about I would definately help but I don't^^ lol

or did I misunderstand?

They know what the problems are, it's just a matter of fixing them. People just need to be patient.
smile.gif

vilneamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TrolleyDave said:
vilneamo said:

or did I misunderstand?

They know what the problems are, it's just a matter of fixing them. People just need to be patient.
smile.gif
indeed
i'll be happy when they get fixed
biggrin.gif
even though i have an acekard

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
vilneamo said:
TrolleyDave said:
vilneamo said:

or did I misunderstand?

smile.gif
indeed
biggrin.gif
thats what i like,nice people,not those who say bad things about clones,i have acekard 2,but im worried about r4 clone users like my brother,
hope this gets fixed soon

squishynidas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goncalodoom said:
vilneamo said:
TrolleyDave said:
vilneamo said:

or did I misunderstand?

smile.gif
indeed
biggrin.gif
thats what i like,nice people,not those who say bad things about clones,i have acekard 2,but im worried about r4 clone users like my brother,
hope this gets fixed soon
The problem are the clones. Just so you know, there is a difference between saying a clone card is a peice of crap opposed to the user using the card is crap. Buying a product and supporting a business that doesn't have your best interest in mind is dumb. Using the clone cards are dumb. recommending clone cards to people to buy is dumb. Selling clone cards is dumb if you aren't the maker. Buy, sell, and support the real deal. They are making and updating firmwares for us all.

princeEyeless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i save my game it can't able to save my game..i think its better to use YSmenu for r4 clone than wood r4..can i ask question??i plan to buy a cartilage what is better to buy r4 or acecard??

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
princeEyeless said:
when i save my game it can't able to save my game..i think its better to use YSmenu for r4 clone than wood r4..can i ask question??i plan to buy a cartilage what is better to buy r4 or acecard??
good luck with that lol

proper word is cartridge,or flashcart whatever

ic you cant save your game,wonder if you can save your other game,or the other?

nah just kidding with you,what game can't you save on?Dementium?

also never buy R4's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think