Hacking Wood R4 for Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

klaimore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my R4 Clone for a gift, and I don't really give a crap about Wood R4 or these high compatibilty shit as long as the cart serves my purpose. I cannot buy online (parents) and the only place that sells flashcarts is in the city, and they only got clones.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
klaimore said:
I got my R4 Clone for a gift, and I don't really give a crap about Wood R4 or these high compatibilty shit as long as the cart serves my purpose. I cannot buy online (parents) and the only place that sells flashcarts is in the city, and they only got clones.
With this sentence, you have earned my respect xD. Its good to know there are people that still hold these sort of ideals.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Stropdasje said:
Are you a troll or do you really have a reading disability?
lol, I'm pretty sure he is trolling for the hell of it (afterall, it doesn't take a genius to know that Megaman is the one leading the show, Lan doesn't seem to know squat, always asking Megaman for advice)...

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Stropdasje said:
Are you a troll or do you really have a reading disability?
lol, I'm pretty sure he is trolling for the hell of it (afterall, it doesn't take a genius to know that Megaman is the one leading the show, Lan doesn't seem to know squat, always asking Megaman for advice)...
I wanna know this too if it REALLY runs on sdhc cards,I read a few post back and the first few post,can't be bothered to check the rest...where did it say it supports sdhc?

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
Does it work on SDHC (4GB-32GB)?
UGH
wtf.gif

please learn how to read other Wood r4 topics before asking. There's a FAQ for that if you didnt know

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
useurcamera said:
fgghjjkll said:
Does it work on SDHC (4GB-32GB)?
Please learn how to read other Wood r4 topics before asking. There's a FAQ for that if you didnt know
glare.gif

wer in the FAQ did it say?
ans. is its Wood R4 not for clones,obv. it wont have for sdhc

Stropdasje said:
QUOTE(lolzed @ May 4 2010, 11:58 AM)
where did it say it supports sdhc?
Nowhere.
biggrin.gif
exactly

theash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I CAN NOT GET ANY OF THESE TO WORK ON MY R4SDHC. PLEASE HELP. I AM DOING EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAYS. SITS ON LOADING. EVEN IF I RENAME

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theash said:
I CAN NOT GET ANY OF THESE TO WORK ON MY R4SDHC. PLEASE HELP. I AM DOING EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAYS. SITS ON LOADING. EVEN IF I RENAME

Don't yell at us if it doesn't work.
People have told you Wood won't work on a clone which you have.
You have to use the original firmware and LIVE WITH IT if newer games don't work--unless you can be patient enough to learn how to get YSMenu working.
It is not our responsibility to get your clone working with alternative firmware.

theash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
certainly not yelling (was rendering so was in caps lol) i appreciate all the help you guys are giving im just unclear if my card can get wood or not. seems limp at moment. the top of the header says confimred on sdhc but i have tried everything. thx

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theash said:
certainly not yelling (was rendering so was in caps lol) i appreciate all the help you guys are giving im just unclear if my card can get wood or not. seems limp at moment. the top of the header says confimred on sdhc but i have tried everything. thx

unfortunately i've read this entire thread and even though a few people have been able to get Wood R4 for Clones to run, even in those cases no one has been able to get saving working.

theash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks angel. any tips for someone with an sdhc. im not clever enough to go YSMenu. but limited on games. thanks very much. should i buy another card?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theash said:
i did buy it from there fyi

i would highly recommend getting an Acekard 2i (US$16.50) or an original/genuine r4 (US$6) from Shoptemp.

i started out with a clone too, and spent an awful long time researching just to figure out i was undoubtedly stuck with official firmware from the lazy clone-manufacturer for that card.

i got an Acekard 2i and a couple original r4's and am very happy since.

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
theash said:
i did buy it from there fyi
then u must be doing something wrong cause i have the same cart from there and it works fine.saving is the only problem,put both __rpg folder and the wood r4 for clones.nds on the root of your microsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place