Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

DDRKhat

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm at Wits end... I've tried everything and I just cannot get this R4 cart to work.

As far as I can tell, it's an ORIGINAL R4 cartridge, near the contacts it has the writing R(?)HS CARD-7A
The box itself is black with the large writing of "R4 PLUS" green along with white writing stating; "R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) [For Export] MicroSD USB 2.0
The cartridge's label itself says "R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)" and is solid plastic under the label
So all of this leads me to believe it IS an original R4 Cartridge (Purchased from MrModChips).
I followed "New users guide to setting up Wood R4" to the LETTER and I know that it works perfectly because if I take the SAME memory card and put it into my M3 Simply, it works perfectly, but in the R4 whenever I try to load a ROM it just gets past the loading screen and shits on a WHITE screen. Regardless of ROM too, unpatched, patched, I even tried the very FIRST NDS game just to make sure there was NOTHING preventing the cartridge from working...

Has ANYONE had this trouble? I've tried the latest YSMenu and Wood...

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DDRKhat said:
I'm at Wits end... I've tried everything and I just cannot get this R4 cart to work.

As far as I can tell, it's an ORIGINAL R4 cartridge, near the contacts it has the writing R(?)HS CARD-7A
The box itself is black with the large writing of "R4 PLUS" green along with white writing stating; "R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) [For Export] MicroSD USB 2.0
The cartridge's label itself says "R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)" and is solid plastic under the label
So all of this leads me to believe it IS an original R4 Cartridge (Purchased from MrModChips).
I followed "New users guide to setting up Wood R4" to the LETTER and I know that it works perfectly because if I take the SAME memory card and put it into my M3 Simply, it works perfectly, but in the R4 whenever I try to load a ROM it just gets past the loading screen and shits on a WHITE screen. Regardless of ROM too, unpatched, patched, I even tried the very FIRST NDS game just to make sure there was NOTHING preventing the cartridge from working...

Has ANYONE had this trouble? I've tried the latest YSMenu and Wood...
"R4 PLUS"? There's your issue. They have a seperate website http://www.r4.ndsl.cc/ It can't be a 1:1 clone which is why it's not working. As I said in the guide, the carts need to have certain website address on the box for them to work with wood, these are the carts ShopTemp etc sell.

Wood doesn't work with the R4 Plus etc, because Y.W.G doesn't have them.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Inunah said:
I know this isn't a DS game, but I wanted to check it out and then......
Game name: Pokemon ShinyGold
Release number: XXXX
CRC: I don't know what that is
Clean ROM: NO (Hack)
What the bug is: Game doesn't start (freezes on Game Boy Advance logo that's missing © Nintendo)
What you did to debug it: I don't know how to debug things.
How you can repeat the bug: Try to start the game.
Etc: This is a hack of a GBA game.... Maybe Wood R4 just doesn't run hacked games.
Corrupted Nintendo Logo

DDRKhat

Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
"R4 PLUS"? There's your issue. They have a seperate website http://www.r4.ndsl.cc/ It can't be a 1:1 clone which is why it's not working. As I said in the guide, the carts need to have certain website address on the box for them to work with wood, these are the carts ShopTemp etc sell.

Wood doesn't work with the R4 Plus etc, because Y.W.G doesn't have them.
Alright. Fair enough.
And because it's not an original I don't suppose you could explain why YSMenu also doesn't work? Earlier on during the day it was happily working then i updated it to a newer version of YSMenu and upon trying to boot a game it complained about R4patch.dat even though it existed... would you know anything? I realize I should probably ask in a YSMenu topic...

riverchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name: Dragon Ball Origins: 2
Release number: ????
CRC: I don't know what that is.
Clean ROM: YES/No, tried with JPN with eng language file, and clean rom
What the bug is: On clean rom, when i hit new game after making a file, it loops back to the file selection screen. On patch, an error comes up saying theres not enough space.
Etc: No cheats.

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well it's not a bug or anything, but when having a cheat that is too long we can't see the end of it because there is no scroll feature.

So yeahh....

Jax2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
* Test On Wood R4 1.09
* Release number reference from ds-scene.net

Game name: Eigokoro Kyoushitsu DS (J)
Release number: 5054
CRC: 27D61309
Clean ROM: YES
What the bug is: Freeze on safe page when start game
What you did to debug it: No
How you can repeat the bug: Close and Open again.
Etc: -

Game name: Love Plus + (J)
Release number: 5027
CRC: AFDA9FBE
Clean ROM: YES
What the bug is: Many events losing
What you did to debug it: No
How you can repeat the bug: Play game again when it over at 100st day.
Etc: -

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I experienced random freezing on two games already, one being Pokemon Soul Silver and the other Megaman Zero Collection, something that didn't happen with the previous version of Wood R4.

I haven't used my DS that much in a while but all this happened yesterday. The first freeze happened in Megaman Zero Collection while playing the 4th Zero title. I was about to transport to a new mission and the game froze: top screen was black, the BGM kept playing.

Then I decide to play Pokemon some minutes after that, last time I saved was during an E4 run. I'm done with Lance and the game resets as always sending me back home, as soon as I got out of my house the game froze: black screen and BGM still playing.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
.Darky said:
I experienced random freezing on two games already, one being Pokemon Soul Silver and the other Megaman Zero Collection, something that didn't happen with the previous version of Wood R4.

I haven't used my DS that much in a while but all this happened yesterday. The first freeze happened in Megaman Zero Collection while playing the 4th Zero title. I was about to transport to a new mission and the game froze: top screen was black, the BGM kept playing.

Then I decide to play Pokemon some minutes after that, last time I saved was during an E4 run. I'm done with Lance and the game resets as always sending me back home, as soon as I got out of my house the game froze: black screen and BGM still playing.
dont' see any link to save files.

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (E)

only works when you disable AR codes and soft reset.

Does this work for the USA version? If so, can you remind me of the "soft reset" method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay