jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It depends on how exactly your flashcart was setup before everything went wrong.
Supposing you use WoodR4 only and never touched anything else, your saves would be .nds.sav...
The easiest way to keep your saves (provided they are still intact) would be to recall the last kernel/OS that you used to play and save each individual game (either WoodR4 or the R4's original menu) that still had your save.
For example, if I were playing generic game A with WoodR4 and have a save file made while I was using WoodR4, then I would keep the gamename.nds.sav file since WoodR4 uses that naming convention for it's saves. If I were playing generic game B with the R4 menu and made a save file using the R4 menu, I would have to keep the gamename.sav file.
(I just realized how bad I am at explaining things to be simple enough for anyone to understand).

-edit-
Reformatting pretty much means resetting back to factory status where everything gets wiped off the microSD and anything that has gone awry are erased as well. Thus, always backup your data regularly as well as right before reformatting a device (if possible).

CatzCradle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
It depends on how exactly your flashcart was setup before everything went wrong.
Supposing you use WoodR4 only and never touched anything else, your saves would be .nds.sav...
The easiest way to keep your saves (provided they are still intact) would be to recall the last kernel/OS that you used to play and save each individual game (either WoodR4 or the R4's original menu) that still had your save.
For example, if I were playing generic game A with WoodR4 and have a save file made while I was using WoodR4, then I would keep the gamename.nds.sav file since WoodR4 uses that naming convention for it's saves. If I were playing generic game B with the R4 menu and made a save file using the R4 menu, I would have to keep the gamename.sav file.
(I just realized how bad I am at explaining things to be simple enough for anyone to understand).

-edit-
Reformatting pretty much means resetting back to factory status where everything gets wiped off the microSD and anything that has gone awry are erased as well. Thus, always backup your data regularly as well as right before reformatting a device (if possible).

I originally just used the kernel-thing v1.18 I think from the original R4 website, and only started using Wood for the very first time a few days ago with v1.13.

... I'm almost afraid to ask, but this has made me wonder now... W-what if my SD card wasn't actually corrupted, but I just couldn't access my old game saves because of the new saves, and LOST ALL MY OLD SAVES FOR NOTHING?!?! *freakingout*

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CatzCradle said:
I originally just used the kernel-thing v1.18 I think from the original R4 website, and only started using Wood for the very first time a few days ago with v1.13.

... I'm almost afraid to ask, but this has made me wonder now... W-what if my SD card wasn't actually corrupted, but I just couldn't access my old game saves because of the new saves, and LOST ALL MY OLD SAVES FOR NOTHING?!?! *freakingout*
Ugh...I'm now lost at what your current folder looks like (Apparently you reformatted and can somehow see what your files look like?).
Recapping everything:
You reformatted and have no data backed up at all?
If you reformatted, but backed up the data, does the backup have everything before you started deleting or whatever you are doing to your files?

If you reformatted without backing anything up (there should have been a warning from the program that would tell you that it's going to delete everything) then your options are to somehow gain a unformat sort of tool...probably none of which are freeware...or to start anew with just WoodR4 and never touch the official R4 menu again because it isn't going to give any perks from WoodR4.

If you have the data backed up, then you just have to delete the saves that are empty and change all of the R4's gamename.sav to gamename.nds.sav...though if it is just because of not changing the .sav to .nds.sav...well, that information was told everywhere practically (there are batchfiles to rename them even)...so it would have been hard to miss in my opinion (thus that outcome would have totally been overlooked by me).

CatzCradle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
CatzCradle said:

Ugh...I'm now lost at what your current folder looks like (Apparently you reformatted and can somehow see what your files look like?).
Recapping everything:
You reformatted and have no data backed up at all?
If you reformatted, but backed up the data, does the backup have everything before you started deleting or whatever you are doing to your files?

If you reformatted without backing anything up (there should have been a warning from the program that would tell you that it's going to delete everything) then your options are to somehow gain a unformat sort of tool...probably none of which are freeware...or to start anew with just WoodR4 and never touch the official R4 menu again because it isn't going to give any perks from WoodR4.

If you have the data backed up, then you just have to delete the saves that are empty and change all of the R4's gamename.sav to gamename.nds.sav...though if it is just because of not changing the .sav to .nds.sav...well, that information was told everywhere practically (there are batchfiles to rename them even)...so it would have been hard to miss in my opinion (thus that outcome would have totally been overlooked by me).

No, I was talking about what my files looked like before I reformatted.

BUT OH GOD. I think I know what happened now.
FUCK, I think Wood just created a new save file for my old games, which is why the new games I put in still kept the save while my old ones didn't (but for some reason, I could still play my Picross 3D old save for like 1 day I think before I couldn't?)
Which would kinda make more sense to me seeing how I haven't done anything to get my SD card corrupted, so that means I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ALL MY OLD SAVES?!?!?

Sorry, yes. I really am that stupid. I don't go here that often so I must have missed that information. >.< *wallbang*

I'm also really sorry for troubling you guys about this.
Thank you so much for everything.

(err... one last note before I go, is there any special file recovery tool I can use on my reformatted SD card? *already tried recuva* -_- )

metalknuxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wi-fi is not working on pokémon games,
it gives me 13267 error on GTS and in wi-fi battles too.
in my original pokémon diamond cart, the wi-fi works pretty fine

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I remember reading about this a few pages back and it's happening to me too:

Everytime I play any game there's a chance it will freeze at any time. The freeze can happen 5 minutes into the game, 2 hours or luckily never.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While playing Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs The quest where you have to put out the house fire with three Pokemon it freezes after you try to do it with Wood R4 v1.14 using the non patched version and patched version can any one help me
EDIT: got it to work you have to disable cheats in the options for the game so that is a bug that needs to be fixed

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
Gamer4life said:
so that is a bug that needs to be fixed
you dont' provide save, so i cant' reproduce bug. non-reproducable bug doesnt' exist and doesnt' need to be fixed.

aznboy100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a question for some reason it wont let me play pokemon platnium. Like it wont load my file and makes me start all over again

Dodongo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy Four Heroes of Light has freezing when loading a new area like leaving town or coming in and out of certain buildings. (I experienced this specifically when leaving the storage shop and loading the town.) My version is the ABSTRAKT release as i cant stand intros and am too lazy to trim.
laugh.gif

EDIT: I can confirm this happens on the unpatched and clean NukeThis version. And it appears to be random when the freeze happens, always on the transition and always with the music on an endless loop.

stiffbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody,

after installing r4 wood (nds and __rpg folder) on my r4 card with fw 1.18 i startet r4 wood and 5256 - FIFA Soccer 11 *MULTi5* (E). But directly after starting Fifa the system gives me a message that the system has no access to memory card. nds have to be restartet. (German: "Auf die Speicherkarte konnte nicht zugegriffen werden. Schalte das System aus und stecke die Karte erneut ein.")

Who can help me to solve the problem. don't know if it is a clean one.

edit: same problem with 5164 - Art Academy *MULTi5* (E)

Xeezzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
aznboy100 said:
I got a question for some reason it wont let me play pokemon platnium. Like it wont load my file and makes me start all over again

Thats because Wood uses .nds.sav instead of your usual .sav . I remember seeing a .sav to .nds.sav converter somewhere here

One bug I've noticed is that when I updated to 1.14 HM : Grand Bazaar will freeze up on me 100% of the time when i get out of my house. The same ROM works on my friend's DSTT though

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
Xeezzz said:
Seems to happen to me after I get the snowboard . Hmm.
you dont' provide save, so i cant' reproduce bug. non-reproducable bug doesnt' exist and doesnt' need to be fixed.

stiffbox

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I solved the problem. I have to use r4 wood 1.14 as firmware. i just started it as a program by using fw 1.18 (original r4ds). now i don't have any problems with using nds roms. thx for this great and new firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright