Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

borrow54

Trophies
XP
Country
CSI Deadly Intent US goes black in level 1 Case where theres a woman talking to men, on ongoing cutscene freeze to blank screen.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Since 1.12 i get a poping sound from the speaker when the firmware is loaded, also when i start a game it pop in the speaker. Nothing major, only a little annoying when using headphones.

minired

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Dsorganize web browser doesn't works for me , when i try to acces any web pages it shows me only ??????????????????????

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When starting up the slot 2 (gba slot has a game in)
A pop up says if you want to continue.
So press A button to continue, but when i do that, it gives me 2 white screens.
Where B is to cancel, it actually starts the game up.

Is this a mix up or something?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
void03 said:
When starting up the slot 2 (gba slot has a game in)
A pop up says if you want to continue.
So press A button to continue, but when i do that, it gives me 2 white screens.
Where B is to cancel, it actually starts the game up.

Is this a mix up or something?
It is for if you have EZ 3-in-1. You cant run GBA games in DS Mode, you can enter settings to turn of ask.

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CrimzonEyed said:
Since 1.12 i get a poping sound from the speaker when the firmware is loaded, also when i start a game it pop in the speaker. Nothing major, only a little annoying when using headphones.

I think the reason why is that when it loads the menu where you choose your rom and such, it actually mutes the sound
Then once you load a rom, you hear the popping sound thing, which means the sound is back. That's what i think when i had my head phones on.

And thanks for answering the gba question =)

CatzCradle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WHAT. THE. FUCK

Sorry for swearing, but seriously WTF???

I just started using Wood for the first time a couple days ago (v1.13). along with the games I already had before there, I also put in a few new ones as well. I then tried one of the new games and one of my old ones, and everything worked perfectly. But two days later, when I opened it up again.

EVERYTHING WAS GONE.

Except for the new game I transferred in with Wood 1.13, every other .SAV file for my games was gone. This is seriously crushing me since I was at 250+ at Picross 3D and only 1 more mode to go (not to mention almost completed Pokemon with several shinies)...
mad.gif
ohmy.gif

Is there anyway way to fix this and get my saves back? ;_;

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Your microSD killed itself. You are just going to have to look for a variety of data recovery programs, try them all, and hope at least one of them works...btw, WoodR4 probably didn't do anything to your data, so something on your microSD did something bad (in the event that you DO get your stuff back, I would suggest reformatting it).

CatzCradle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
Your microSD killed itself. You are just going to have to look for a variety of data recovery programs, try them all, and hope at least one of them works...btw, WoodR4 probably didn't do anything to your data, so something on your microSD did something bad (in the event that you DO get your stuff back, I would suggest reformatting it).

Augh, really? This has never happened to me before, so I'm' not sure what to do. What caused my SD card to kill itself like that? There were still some stuff kinda intact...?

Sorry, I'm still kinda new at this, but what data-recovery programs would you recommend? I'm at a complete loss where to start.
ohnoes.png

And how in the world do I "reformat" it? Am I supposed to delete everything and recopy everything back in?
unsure.gif

Anyway, thank you for your help~
smile.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess first you could try check disk to see if that can do anything...It's in the properties when you right click on the disk drive (tools tab, first option). Then if it doesn't work, just go through with data recovery programs like recuva. My microSD's have never done anything that warrants recovery so I can't really help with other programs, but here is a website that seems like it has quite a few:
http://recovery-review.com/

As for reformatting, it's best to follow tk_saturn's guide as it is simple and very easy to understand (section 3).
http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide...ting-up-wood-r4

CatzCradle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
Well, I guess first you could try check disk to see if that can do anything...It's in the properties when you right click on the disk drive (tools tab, first option). Then if it doesn't work, just go through with data recovery programs like recuva. My microSD's have never done anything that warrants recovery so I can't really help with other programs, but here is a website that seems like it has quite a few:

As for reformatting, it's best to follow tk_saturn's guide as it is simple and very easy to understand (section 3).

Thank you very much for your help~
wink.gif

I've tried two different recovery programs so far with no luck. and for some reason I see multiple .sav files in my SD card. Example:

Game. nds
Game.nds.sav
Game.SAV

Ugh... even know I am considering looking for alternate 3rd parties .SAV to try to at least salvage the remaining stuff if I can. -_-;;

edit.
Just tried formating, and when I opened my DS again, I got a "Could Not Find _DS_Menu.DAT." >.<

Never mind, I feel so stupid. Today is really not my day.

Acidfunk

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to request this, but the Tokimeki Memorial Girls Side 1st Love Plus translation found here doesn't work on Wood, and I'd really appreciate a fix for it in a future version.
bow.gif

The clean rom works fine. (256 MB)

The patched translation rom white screen freezes upon load. (197 MB)

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
CatzCradle said:
jurassicplayer said:

wink.gif

I've tried two different recovery programs so far with no luck. and for some reason I see multiple .sav files in my SD card. Example:

Game. nds
Game.nds.sav
Game.SAV

Ugh... even know I am considering looking for alternate 3rd parties .SAV to try to at least salvage the remaining stuff if I can. -_-;;

edit.
Just tried formating, and when I opened my DS again, I got a "Could Not Find _DS_Menu.DAT." >.<

You see multiple save files because the ".nds.sav" is the Wood sav file for the game, the ".nds" is the game itself, and the ".sav" is a different firmware save file, possibly original 1.18 or w/e you used, formatting deletes everything off of your micro sd, so that is why you recieved that message, there was no wood (os) on the micro sd.

CatzCradle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gifi4 said:
CatzCradle said:
jurassicplayer said:

wink.gif

Game. nds
Game.nds.sav
Game.SAV

edit.

You see multiple save files because the ".nds.sav" is the Wood sav file for the game, the ".nds" is the game itself, and the ".sav" is a different firmware save file, possibly original 1.18 or w/e you used, formatting deletes everything off of your micro sd, so that is why you recieved that message, there was no wood (os) on the micro sd.

smile.gif

So I would have to delete the .nds.sav to be able to play my original old saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed