Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
EXTER said:
RoMee said:
EXTER said:
What version must I use on the R4i Gold (r4ids.cn)?

yep, only the r4i gold from r4ids.cn will work with wood

I tried using the R4 and R4iDSN versions, and they both freeze with "loading" at the top screen.

you need the file compiled by the r4i gold team. ywg's official releases do not supported the card, he is only supporting the r4i gold team by providing help and allowing them to release their port. r4i gold.cn team has not yet made a build with the 1.18 fixes.

http://filetrip.net/f22821-Wood-R4-for-R4i...DS%29-1-17.html

-another world

I should have mentioned the 2 carts are different (r4idsn and r4ids.cn) they each use different version of wood

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Another World said:
maybe gelu will rise from the dead and take over wood, then revert it back to his changes and just support the rpg!

-another world

Actually I'm a bit angry now that Acekard never released an Acekard R.P.G.i

Hey, Team Acekard! Even Team Cyclops is making an "i" version now!

Where's our R.P.G.i ?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blahkamehameha said:
Ok, I opened the globalsettings.ini file, and saw nothing about safe mode.

Has it already been removed?
It's not removed...

From what I've seen, new features come disabled, setting=0, by default and are therefore omitted from the default INI.
After changing the save type, this is added to the bottom of my INI file:CODEsafemode = 0
saveext = .sav

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I haven't put Wood 1.18 on my R4 yet. So you're saying Safe Mode will be disabled once I do load the R4 card, that's what I want.

wdowell84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 SDHC and an M3DS Real would any of those work with wood? I used m3 ninetail before, but it's not being updated anymore so I'm stuck at 1.16 on that. Any other options for Golden Sun right now? (besides buying a new card?)

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you YWG for this final update to Wood. I never expected I'd be playing Golden Sun today. Also IMO the news that AKAIO will be compatible with R4 is even better news. To bring as many of these cards as we can under one umbrella will make things easier.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wdowell84 said:
I have an R4 SDHC and an M3DS Real would any of those work with wood? I used m3 ninetail before, but it's not being updated anymore so I'm stuck at 1.16 on that. Any other options for Golden Sun right now? (besides buying a new card?)No wood.

QUOTE(RoboticBuddy @ Nov 29 2010, 12:44 AM) Nice. But all you have to do is rename the ".nds.sav" to ".sav" to convert it right?
Yes, but...
1). If you have a bunch of saves, it's annoying to rename them all by hand.
2). By default, Windows hides extensions. This can cause problem with renaming files and keeping the old extension.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
RoboticBuddy said:
Nice. But all you have to do is rename the ".nds.sav" to ".sav" to convert it right?
Yes, but...
1). If you have a bunch of saves, it's annoying to rename them all by hand.
2). By default, Windows hides extensions. This can cause problem with renaming files and keeping the old extension.
So, how do I change that default setting?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RoboticBuddy said:
twiztidsinz said:
Open My Computer or any folder. Windows Vista/7 press Alt to bring up the Menu Bar.
Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Untick 'Hide extensions for known file types'.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Love the release, as usual.
BUT (yes there's a but) I have a question, This means, as of now Akaio will be the new wood firmware? So it will support my original R4 or do I need to get an Ak2i??

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks yet again YWG!
yaynds.gif
But this merger thing with AKAIO...although it sounds great and stuff...idk... :/
I love your lightning fast compatibility and core fixes... And also your openness to the community...
I just hope all this doesn't change too much...
ohnoes.png

That aside, thanks again!

Cheers!
grog.gif

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
RoboticBuddy said:
twiztidsinz said:
Open My Computer or any folder. Windows Vista/7 press Alt to bring up the Menu Bar.
Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Untick 'Hide extensions for known file types'.
thanks. now go to rename a whole lotta game saves...

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
mercluke said:
titen2218 said:
Please be a joke
what?
what possible downside is there to akaio and wood merging?
Wood is opensource, AKAIO is closed -- One of those has to change and I doubt it's going to be AKAIO.
Wood has favorites, AKAIO forums ban users asking for them.
Wood has taken user suggestions, AKAIO forums have banned users for suggestions.
Wood has "SD:/" for the staring path, AKAIO has "MicroSD:/" -- Petty, yes. but it takes up quite a bit of the 'address' bar'.

If I cared to I could probably come up with more than just whats off the top of my head.

I'd love to see Wood running on my AK2i, and AKAIO on my R4... but I'm kind of uneasy about a merger.

Given that Another World is saying this just as Wood hit 1.18, the version R4's official support died, I think he's twisting our thumbs. If it is true and what you said about Wood and AKAIO is right, I'm just as uneasy as you are about this merge as well. No user suggestions? That's kind of lame really...

xavii123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
The_Lost_Sabre said:
twiztidsinz said:
mercluke said:
titen2218 said:
Please be a joke
what?
what possible downside is there to akaio and wood merging?
Wood is opensource, AKAIO is closed -- One of those has to change and I doubt it's going to be AKAIO.
Wood has favorites, AKAIO forums ban users asking for them.
Wood has taken user suggestions, AKAIO forums have banned users for suggestions.
Wood has "SD:/" for the staring path, AKAIO has "MicroSD:/" -- Petty, yes. but it takes up quite a bit of the 'address' bar'.

If I cared to I could probably come up with more than just whats off the top of my head.

I'd love to see Wood running on my AK2i, and AKAIO on my R4... but I'm kind of uneasy about a merger.

Given that Another World is saying this just as Wood hit 1.18, the version R4's official support died, I think he's twisting our thumbs. If it is true and what you said about Wood and AKAIO is right, I'm just as uneasy as you are about this merge as well. No user suggestions? That's kind of lame really...

No, Its A Joke. Don't Believe This Merge of Wood And Akaio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu