Wololo's take on hacks for the Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tom Bombadildo, Apr 14, 2012.

Apr 14, 2012
  1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    I was reading Wololo's blog yesterday and read a great, simple description even the noobiest of the noobs could understand. Hell, this could even apply to the 3DS as well and I was debating whether I'd post it there as well! But, since it's Vita oriented, I figured I'd share it here, hoping maybe someone will read this before posting stupid "WHY NO HACK YET????" threads...anyways, to the point.

Source

EDIT: Forgot the source...heh.

1 person likes this.
  2. Wintrale

Member Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Could always use a Kickstarter. :creep:

As for hacking the PSP emulator, that's all I want. I have at least a dozen PSP games, none of which I can play on my Vita without rebuying the ones actually on the Vita's PSN Store. I'm not spending £28 to play Persona 3 Portable on my Vita, nor am I paying £18 to play The Third Birthday on it. This Wololo guy will be doing me a favour Sony clearly isn't interested in and, yeah, I'd totally pay for the hack if it saved me that money.

1 person likes this.
  3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    As someone who bought very few games on PSP, I don't mind paying for PSN games. I'm not going to pay £28 for P3, but I wouldn't mind paying £15 for it. Unfortunately there are many games on PSP that aren't on PSN (e.g. Phantasy Star Portable) so that's why I'm interested in a homebrew method to make the games I want to play available.

Who knows, maybe if a homebrew version of Phantasy Star Portable gets popular enough, SEGA might actually get round to porting game to PSN already.

4. bromanbro

Newcomer bromanbro Member

United States
    Although I recently got a PSP for homebrew, I HATE the screen. It reminds me of a worse 90's CRT TV with scanlines everywhere. Therfore, PSP mode would be fantastic for the Vita. I wanna play my Pokemon on a nicer screen :)

5. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Oh gawd the PSP screen can't be nicer (... Brite 3000 model btw) because colors are much more vibrant and those scanlines basically draw primitives much clearer!

6. iNFiNiTY

Member iNFiNiTY GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    There's money to be made in various ways, so people will always have motivation. Wololo is a smart guy and knows his stuff but i think some of the blog posts are shortsighted. Like criticizing Sony for not giving rewards on exploits..

1 person likes this.