ROM Hack [WIP] Taiko no Tatsujin: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure! - English Translation

Tebra

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
Is it the layeredfs method working? I try it on 1.1 version and everything texts are still in English.

Envoyé de mon SM-T700 en utilisant Tapatalk

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Can I use Luma's built-in LayeredFS patching for this? I tried patching the DecryptedRomFS, putting it in /luma/titles/<title ID>/ and naming it romfs (no extension) and nothing happened. Also tried putting it in the /luma/titles/<title ID>/romfs/romfs (again with no file extension)... Didn't work

Also, just noticed the update for Luma 7.0, but there's nothing under the releases page. Any other way I can find the patch files?

EDIT: Nvm, got it all working fine.

Last edited by dj505,

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, are the MD5 checksums for the original files and patched files the same values that they're supposed to be in the OP?

Hi,
Is it the layeredfs method working? I try it on 1.1 version and everything texts are still in English.

Envoyé de mon SM-T700 en utilisant Tapatalk
If the text is in English, then it is working, yes! This is a JP -> ENG translation, after all! :P
I am not a native speaker but I speak some Japanese and have done a number of translations over at /r/translator. If you could give me a list of what needs to be done, I can see what i'm capable of. I also own and play this game regularly in Japanese so I am familiar with the terms.
I would be absolutely delighted to see what you can do for us. Here is the current status of all the files (I will PM you links to access them):
System Text = 12.05%
Story Text = 0.00%
Sub-story Text = 0.00%

Tebra

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry, the text is in JP not in ENG.
I have luma 7 with game patching option enabled.
I downloaded all your github, rename _data directory to romfs and copy it to SD:/luma/titles/0004000000190E00/
Missing something?

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sorry, the text is in JP not in ENG.
I have luma 7 with game patching option enabled.
I downloaded all your github, rename _data directory to romfs and copy it to SD:/luma/titles/0004000000190E00/
Missing something?

don't rename _data to romfs, that folder should be in romfs.

Reactions: Tebra

YveltalJ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, are the MD5 checksums for the original files and patched files the same values that they're supposed to be in the OP?

If the text is in English, then it is working, yes! This is a JP -> ENG translation, after all! :P

I would be absolutely delighted to see what you can do for us. Here is the current status of all the files (I will PM you links to access them):
System Text = 12.05%
Story Text = 0.00%
Sub-story Text = 0.00%
(goes cross eyed) I don't know what that is

atrocious123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi i am using the latest layeredFS method but when i start the game, it just loads Nintendo 3DS and nothing moves? Any idea?
I have been away for quite a while so i'm still quite blurry but i'm on the latest Luma3ds 7.0.5.

After the romfs folder - i have a data_ folder and then all the other etc folders. (do i need this data_ folder?)

Any help will be good, thanks!

Last edited by atrocious123,

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi i am using the latest layeredFS method but when i start the game, it just loads Nintendo 3DS and nothing moves? Any idea?
I have been away for quite a while so i'm still quite blurry but i'm on the latest Luma3ds 7.0.5.

After the romfs folder - i have a data_ folder and then all the other etc folders. (do i need this data_ folder?)

Any help will be good, thanks!
Keep the _data folder, that's the folder with all the actual modified files. Place it in /luma/titles/<title id>/romfs/

atrocious123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Keep the _data folder, that's the folder with all the actual modified files. Place it in /luma/titles/<title id>/romfs/

I have everything including the title id 0004000000190E00 but when i start the game it will be stuck at the loading screen. have the _data folder as well.
Unsure what went wrong. Do i need to update to FW 11.4 or update the game?

Edit: Update the game to version 1.1 and got it to work. Thanks.

Last edited by atrocious123,

Pkrockinomega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the patch and enabled patching in the luma config menu but when I launch the game it hangs on the 3DS logo until I force shutdown.

Qlaudio

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, where is the download for the English Cia Path? i just see the decrypted cia path on the first post. Thanks.

TreyLevine

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I'm having some problem with the multiplayer, everytime I try to create a room or join one I get the "An error has occured. Ending multiplayer. Returning to main menu"
does anyone know how to make it work?

(The game and all the DLC's are running flawlessly though)

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm having some problem with the multiplayer, everytime I try to create a room or join one I get the "An error has occured. Ending multiplayer. Returning to main menu"
does anyone know how to make it work?

(The game and all the DLC's are running flawlessly though)
Well, let's check some stuff first...
  • Is your system's wifi turned on?
  • Are you running the latest version of Luma CFW (or another equivalent that enables region free local multiplayer)?
  • Are both systems that you are using (both the host of the room and the person joining) running the same version of Luma and are both up-to-date?
  • Are both systems running the latest version of the game (v1.1)?
If all those things are checked and you're still having issues using the local mutliplayer, I don't know much else that could help. I haven't encountered any issues on my end, but then again, I run a very "standard" setup (latest versions of everything, B9S, etc.).

TreyLevine

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, let's check some stuff first...
  • Is your system's wifi turned on?
  • Are you running the latest version of Luma CFW (or another equivalent that enables region free local multiplayer)?
  • Are both systems that you are using (both the host of the room and the person joining) running the same version of Luma and are both up-to-date?
  • Are both systems running the latest version of the game (v1.1)?
If all those things are checked and you're still having issues using the local mutliplayer, I don't know much else that could help. I haven't encountered any issues on my end, but then again, I run a very "standard" setup (latest versions of everything, B9S, etc.).

Wireless is on, Both systems are on latest B9S firmware and Luma too, the second 3ds I don't even used it because as soon as I choose "Host game" it gives me the error message so I can't create a room. The game is on the latest version 1.1. I thought it was missing some kind of plugin or something so I went through this whole tread but did not find any kind of similar errors/fixes, is there some kind of plugin that I need installed on Luma to make it work?

Btw, I really appreciate you guys, and thank you for replying so quickly!

Pixelman65

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting the exception occurred when I use the layeredfs method and source file is incorrect when using the cia patch method

goodiesohhi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this compatible with the dlc builder that can be found on a certain site?
It gets stuck at 3DS loading screen until force shutdown or DataAbort.

Last edited by goodiesohhi,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is this compatible with the dlc builder that can be found on a certain site?
It gets stuck at 3DS loading screen until force shutdown or DataAbort.

It is compatible, the DLC shouldn't cause the game to get stuck at the 3DS loading screen regardless if the DLC is working or not, seems you have a problem with the game itself, does it work without DLC installed?

At most if the DLC didn't work the game would say it failed to load it but continue to let you play.

goodiesohhi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is compatible, the DLC shouldn't cause the game to get stuck at the 3DS loading screen regardless if the DLC is working or not, seems you have a problem with the game itself, does it work without DLC installed?

At most if the DLC didn't work the game would say it failed to load it but continue to let you play.
I figured it out. I had to delete the code.ips
It crashed the game.. After that, the DLC and ROMFS patch worked together fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto