ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I

definitely still see the 4.2, I know the number should be gone altogether. I'll try redownloading the update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oof no that didn't help. Yikes. I did Delta patch the Inari thing and the recolors onto the cia, could I have done it wrong and would that make this not work?
No, if you did something wrong the game would just crash. Did you turn off layeredFS?

yoshthethird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, if you did something wrong the game would just crash. Did you turn off layeredFS?
OOF haha yeah that was it. Completely forgot to do that. Yup it's all good now. Thanks so much for your correspondence. And also thanks so much for making this patch in general!!

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOF haha yeah that was it. Completely forgot to do that. Yup it's all good now. Thanks so much for your correspondence. And also thanks so much for making this patch in general!!
oh great! you had me really scared for a minute, I thought I messed something up. I'm glad it's working for you now!

ArchangelLucifer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey so I noticed I couldn't get the TLE patch working with the Hamtaro and Cheburashka hack enabled, noticed there's a compatibility patch but no idea how it's supposed to patch to the TLE Update CIA. Any help please?
Also this hack doesn't seem to work with my cartridge (European) so I had to get a USA copy :/ Any way to use it with my old save?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I noticed I couldn't get the TLE patch working with the Hamtaro and Cheburashka hack enabled, noticed there's a compatibility patch but no idea how it's supposed to patch to the TLE Update CIA. Any help please?
Also this hack doesn't seem to work with my cartridge (European) so I had to get a USA copy :/ Any way to use it with my old save?
Yeah this patch is only compatible with the USA copy because the EUR version doesn't have the dlc or update. Sorry!

Your save might work with the USA version? If not you can use the cheat plugin to quickly get back to where you were before.

As for the compatibility patch, I put instructions on that ISO site? The download for v5.0.1 isn't on the OP of the thread it's in a post below. The compatibility patch is there, just apply it with xDeltaPatcher and, if you want to, apply one of the optional patches from the same folder as the compatibility patch.

NicheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAAAAA I come back to VERSION 5 /o/ Talk about the best birthday present! (even if my bday was almost 2 weeks ago XD)

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAAAAA I come back to VERSION 5 /o/ Talk about the best birthday present! (even if my bday was almost 2 weeks ago XD)
lol happy late birthday: surprise this hack isnt dead!

For anyone curious about the next update, I'm already working on it! I'm completely rewriting the pregnancy and birth events for same-gender couples to be based on surrogacy (or well implied to be really) with a little help from (literal) magic. I've already finished mapping out the pregnancy event, and only need to finish writing the dialogue for every character. I haven't started on the child-birth event, but I do have an outline ready for it, so I know what I'm going to do.

This'll be the last major content update! I do have to stop development for a few weeks for finals, but as soon as I'm done with those (around mid-May), I'll get back to work. I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to finish this project, but it's almost done!

NicheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol happy late birthday: surprise this hack isnt dead!

For anyone curious about the next update, I'm already working on it! I'm completely rewriting the pregnancy and birth events for same-gender couples to be based on surrogacy (or well implied to be really) with a little help from (literal) magic. I've already finished mapping out the pregnancy event, and only need to finish writing the dialogue for every character. I haven't started on the child-birth event, but I do have an outline ready for it, so I know what I'm going to do.

This'll be the last major content update! I do have to stop development for a few weeks for finals, but as soon as I'm done with those (around mid-May), I'll get back to work. I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to finish this project, but it's almost done!

Fantastic news! :D I'm still available for testing when the changes have been implemented, just shoot me a DM. You're almost in the home stretch! /o/

Reactions: Silrae

oceantae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I responded to this thread back when it first started and I finally have my 3DS ready for this hack! I'm so thankful you're still working on it, bless.

That said, I need some help. I've followed all of the steps, but I'm struggling with inputting the code. Am I supposed to put the .cia file name "<name>".cia or "name".cia?

When I tried doing it the latter way, it seemed to work, as it actually did something. But it did say "Warning, could not read common key."

I tried to put the next line of code, and received an error again.
"Error writing file"
"DNS server not authoritative for zone."
"error: could not open input file!"

I'm not sure if I'm screwing up the code or I put the files in wrong or what. Please help?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I responded to this thread back when it first started and I finally have my 3DS ready for this hack! I'm so thankful you're still working on it, bless.

That said, I need some help. I've followed all of the steps, but I'm struggling with inputting the code. Am I supposed to put the .cia file name "<name>".cia or "name".cia?

When I tried doing it the latter way, it seemed to work, as it actually did something. But it did say "Warning, could not read common key."

I tried to put the next line of code, and received an error again.
"Error writing file"
"DNS server not authoritative for zone."
"error: could not open input file!"

I'm not sure if I'm screwing up the code or I put the files in wrong or what. Please help?
Is there a specific reason why you want to build the cia? You can just download the cia I made through that iso site instead, it's a lot less tedious and confusing especially if this is your first time dealing with these tools.

If you still want to build the cia, I'll try to help. I know the guide I made is hard to understand, I'm going to update it eventually. Can you take screenshots of your terminal and the folder you have all your files in?

Reactions: oceantae

oceantae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a specific reason why you want to build the cia? You can just download the cia I made through that iso site instead, it's a lot less tedious and confusing especially if this is your first time dealing with these tools.

If you still want to build the cia, I'll try to help. I know the guide I made is hard to understand, I'm going to update it eventually. Can you take screenshots of your terminal and the folder you have all your files in?

Oh I didn't realize I could just yours, nor where it is. And I did take screenshots but this site won't let me upload file or share links. :(

This is my absolute first time messing with this stuff, I followed the 3ds.guide and successfully have my 3ds ready and I have my SOSTOT game cartridge, so all that's left is figuring out how to install this hack :0 I apologize for the inconvenience

EDIT: okay I re-read and I think I understand! oops hehe, going to try "that iso site", thank you for your patience and hard work!

Last edited by oceantae,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I didn't realize I could just yours, nor where it is. And I did take screenshots but this site won't let me upload file or share links. :(

This is my absolute first time messing with this stuff, I followed the 3ds.guide and successfully have my 3ds ready and I have my SOSTOT game cartridge, so all that's left is figuring out how to install this hack :0 I apologize for the inconvenience

EDIT: okay I re-read and I think I understand! oops hehe, going to try "that iso site", thank you for your patience and hard work!
It's okay, 3ds hacking stuff can be complicated when you're just getting into it.

When you find "that iso site" you'll have to make an account to be able to download anything or view threads. After you make an account just search "True love edition" and look for the thread made by me. Don't download the link in the OP go down one or two posts and download from the second link I gave! Then just follow the instructions on that post.

If you get stuck anywhere feel free to ask me any questions on here!

oceantae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got it installed with FBI and it seems to be worked, I just started a new character to test things out. The title screen has that lovely rainbow which I had to double check wasn't just part of the title screen to begin with because it looks like it belongs in the game! Thank you again so much for making this hack! I looked at your thread with excitement before I even bought the game because I wanted to date everyone regardless of gender. I'm so thankful, I hope blessings come your way equivalent to the good you've done here!

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got it installed with FBI and it seems to be worked, I just started a new character to test things out. The title screen has that lovely rainbow which I had to double check wasn't just part of the title screen to begin with because it looks like it belongs in the game! Thank you again so much for making this hack! I looked at your thread with excitement before I even bought the game because I wanted to date everyone regardless of gender. I'm so thankful, I hope blessings come your way equivalent to the good you've done here!
Aah, you're so sweet, thank you!! I'm glad you got it working, I hope you enjoy playing it! If you run into any bugs you can post them here, too.

Deleted member 485882

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I̶'̶m̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶C̶I̶A̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶f̶o̶r̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶u̶̶̶n̶̶̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶s̶i̶g̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶C̶I̶A̶? With the new way to install the mod, is it still okay to go use the online function with the patch?

Edit: I'm just going to download the patch but I am still wondering about the online thing

Last edited by Deleted member 485882,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I̶'̶m̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶C̶I̶A̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶f̶o̶r̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶u̶̶̶n̶̶̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶s̶i̶g̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶C̶I̶A̶? With the new way to install the mod, is it still okay to go use the online function with the patch?

Edit: I'm just going to download the patch but I am still wondering about the online thing
For your first question, either should work, but I used an unsigned cia so I'm not completely sure.

As for playing online... Um, well, I don't really know? I've personally never been banned for playing online with non-legit cias, but of course I can't promise that you'll have the same luck I've had or that nintendo won't do another banwave in the future. The update's cia unique ID and its version number is the same, so it could possibly be safe, but really it's up to you to decide how much you're willing to risk to play online.

If you're not trying to play with a friend and just want a specific item, you can always use the ctrpf cheats for trio of towns! I've tested it and it still works with the patched update.

evilmart15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I just want you to know that you are the best! I really like SOS and especially when you made this mod!
I appreciated this so much and I wish the best for you. Keep up the good work. I really meant it.
Also, I am looking forward to your next update as well!
:):):):):):):grog::grog::grog: :nds::switch:

Last edited by evilmart15,

NeoysoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I can't really seem to find RainThunder's CIA.
And I can't seem to wrap my head around the CIA building thing .
Please help me. T T

Planchoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep trying to patch the cia and I always get "checksum mismatch" I'm using all the files from the given folder so there can't be anything wrong also ignoring the error gives the message "source file too short". Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1