ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

destany1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried opening mail box and got a crash. Didn't change any of the files you mentioned above. Don't think I had any cheat activated either. Just got done watering crops and saw I had mail.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opening the save menu and interacting with a closed shop also gave me a crash once.

Tried opening mail box and got a crash. Didn't change any of the files you mentioned above. Don't think I had any cheat activated either. Just got done watering crops and saw I had mail.

The theorized temporary fix for the crashes on v3.0 is to delete the Msg.xbb file. Doing so will get replace a good amount of dialogue with ellipses though, so if you want to avoid that you can keep the Msg.xbb file and just save often to avoid data loss.

destany1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The theorized temporary fix for the crashes on v3.0 is to delete the Msg.xbb file. Doing so will get replace a good amount of dialogue with ellipses though, so if you want to avoid that you can keep the Msg.xbb file and just save often to avoid data loss.
do you think it can be fixed to work eventually?

destany1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does inari gender switch and alt wedding attire go to luma/titles/000400000019f500/romfs ? just making sure i put it in right place.

also i'm going to remove the msgb.xbb and playing to unlocking all 3 towns and will let you know if i run into anymore crashes

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does inari gender switch and alt wedding attire go to luma/titles/000400000019f500/romfs ? just making sure i put it in right place.

also i'm going to remove the msgb.xbb and playing to unlocking all 3 towns and will let you know if i run into anymore crashes
The contents of those two folders go there, yeah. And thanks, that would be really helpful! If I don't run into any crashes either then the fix should be up tomorrow.

Last edited by Silrae,

Havoc1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Silrae
First of all thanks for this great mod, really makes the game worth playing.

Sorry if this is off topic, but how do you open/edit the .xbb files?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Silrae
First of all thanks for this great mod, really makes the game worth playing.

Sorry if this is off topic, but how do you open/edit the .xbb files?
You open the .xbb files with a hex editor (HxD is what I use), and to edit them you need some basic knowledge of hex editing. Nothing really special, you just need to know how pointer tables work.

You might already know this, but an xbb file is an archive of papa files. The top of the file basically goes: pointer table to papa, hex length of papa, pointer to the name of the papa file, and a number sequence that is the filename encrypted, but I don't know what with. Each papa file has its own pointer table as well, so when editing you need to remember to rewrite all those points. If your edited papa becomes longer/shorter than the original, you have to go back to the xbb's table and change that papa file's length, and repoint every file below that.

I just checked the events with Yuzuki, it works, maybe it's just Ford's that isn't working properly?

Sorry that I took so long checking out your bug! For whatever reason Ford's after-marriage event is just not working. I tested Wayne and Lisette's too, but theirs are working fine.

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong so I can release a fix with today's update, but nothing's really working out. For now, just use the ntr plugin to change your gender to female so you can activate the event, and then switch back to male once it's activated to get the changed dialogue (It's just pronoun fixes though).

Reactions: Girafarig

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here's v3.1! This'll fix all the crashes from v3.0, Westown's marriage ceremony, and a few text errors. Now you can enjoy playing with the hack without the imminent threat of your game crashing and you losing all your data! Yay!

Download
(Make sure to overwrite old files when you update!)

However, like I said in my previous post, Ford's after-marriage event is still not activating for the male player. I could not find a fix for this, unfortunately. So all of you who are married/plan to marry Ford, when you get to his after-marriage event use this ntr plugin to change your gender to female to activate the event, and then change your player back to male.

As far as I've been able to check, Ford is the only marriage candidate with this problem. Please let me know if any other event is having problems activating, or if there are any more bugs in general!

Edit: Forgot to say thank you to both @NicheGamer and @Girafarig for helping me testing this update to make sure everything was fixed! I really really appreciated your help c:

Last edited by Silrae,

destany1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give it a rest and report any bugs :) hopefully there won't be any and you can enjoy a nice break from it and we can enjoy no more crashes lol

Thank you again for this hack.

Question though, how much did you change kasumi's flower events? With them.being about her phobia of men how did you change that around?
Is it written more of a commitment thing than a phobia of men or something along those lines?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Now how exactly did you fix it/what was the problem in the end.
Long story short, the papa file (in the xbb) I was using to put all the edited dialogue in got too long and the game was having trouble loading it all. I had to move about half of the dialogue to another papa file, repoint everything, and then reference the new papa file in the scripts.

I'll give it a rest and report any bugs :) hopefully there won't be any and you can enjoy a nice break from it and we can enjoy no more crashes lol

Thank you again for this hack.

Question though, how much did you change kasumi's flower events? With them.being about her phobia of men how did you change that around?
Is it written more of a commitment thing than a phobia of men or something along those lines?
Thank you, bug reporting is always helpful! Hopefully the only bugs leftover are text errors.

As for Kasumi's events, I did something like that? I didn't change much with her phobia of men, that's still mentioned a lot, but I made her friendlier towards the female player and made it seem like she had problems bonding with other people (Komari being an exception).

Honestly Kasumi's events are a blur to me, hers were the hardest of all to change and try to keep the original idea of the game. If I could I would have rebuilt all of her events from the ground up, but that would've taken waaay too long.

Last edited by Silrae,

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone else having a problem with Lisette's birthday event, "Celebrating your loved one"?

2 dialogue steps after the meal, the dialogue stops and they just stand there, the animation is working, but nothing happens. I have a save not long before, I have tried leaving text on automatic.. nothing works.

I am not running any other cheats or patches, I am playing the CIA and have it patched via NTR CFW.

Edit: It stops right after Lisette says, "Being with you not only makes my heart happy, but my tummy as well. Hee hee."
I just switched over to 3.1, from 2.0, and it is still doing it.

Thank you so much for the patch, I can't thank you enough.

Last edited by SweetieBelle,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having a problem with Lisette's birthday event, "Celebrating your loved one"?

2 dialogue steps after the meal, the dialogue stops and they just stand there, the animation is working, but nothing happens. I have a save not long before, I have tried leaving text on automatic.. nothing works.

I am not running any other cheats or patches, I am playing the CIA and have it patched via NTR CFW.

Edit: It stops right after Lisette says, "Being with you not only makes my heart happy, but my tummy as well. Hee hee."
I just switched over to 3.1, from 2.0, and it is still doing it.

Thank you so much for the patch, I can't thank you enough.
I just checked, and I made a small syntax error in the scripts that definitely causes the game to hang in an infinite loop. I'm sorry for not noticing it sooner! Just download this fix, and put it into the SoSToT folder.

And anyone who just updated to v3.1 should download this too just in case!

Attachments

• Birthday Fix.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: SweetieBelle

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just checked, and I made a small syntax error in the scripts that definitely causes the game to hang in an infinite loop. I'm sorry for not noticing it sooner! Just download this fix, and put it into the SoSToT folder.

And anyone who just updated to v3.1 should download this too just in case!

I applied it (And the Inari patch) and it worked perfectly, thank you very much.

Reactions: Silrae

usagivalley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all your hard work! The patch is awesome. One small problem I've been having is Yuzuki's light blue flower event crashing the game every time it tries to activate (tries to change scenes, but stops there). Has this problem been encountered before?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all your hard work! The patch is awesome. One small problem I've been having is Yuzuki's light blue flower event crashing the game every time it tries to activate (tries to change scenes, but stops there). Has this problem been encountered before?
Yeah, that was a bug, but I thought I fixed it in v3.1? I guess I forgot to overwrite the file or something. Sorry about that, I attached a fix for you, just put it in the SoSToT folder or romfs folder.

Edit: Updated the OP to include a download to version 3.1.2, which just adds the two recent fixes. There's no need to update if you already downloaded the fixes.

Attachments

• Love_J_Chaser_1.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by Silrae,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZLRDMXX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=...