Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

Lemmiwinkles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my problem; I only have Smashhax at the moment. I can successfully boot Homebrew using the linux hack, but the issue is I simply cannot downgrade to 9.2. I don't know why, but I read that it could be because Smash Bros only works on a certain firmware and up (above 9.2 basically).

So my idea was to downgrade to 10.5 and use another entry method such as browserhax. I have the 10.5 files, however SafeSysUpdated fails the check on the files and I'm a bit afraid to proceed if it's looking for 9.2 information. Can anyone help?

fahademon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully downgraded. The scariest part is over, finally. Thank you, cpasjuste for making this app and making this possible, I can't express my gratitude enough.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone been successful starting from SysNand 9.0(U) on N3DSXL with MenuHax and CFW already installed and got through to the finish with this--> https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki guide? I am Stuck at Part 4, Section 2-Downgrading EmuNand to 2.1.0. It says just to keep restoring the backed up EmuNand (10.7U) and to try again and keep doing it until it works but I did it 15 times last night and get the same error. SafeSysUpdater goes through almost all the .cia in my updates folder and then throws an error on the same file everytime. Its one of the last five or so. The error is

Code:
0004009B00010402.cia
fsException:
fs.cpp:117: Result: 0xD9004588
failed to write file!
Did you store the update files in '/updates'?

Last edited by DayVeeBoi,

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been successful starting from 9.0(U) on N3DSXL with MenuHax and CFW already installed and got through to the finish with this--> https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki guide? I am Stuck at Part 4, Section 2-Downgrading EmuNand to 2.1.0. It says just to keep restoring the backed up EmuNand and to try again and keep doing it until it works but I did it 15 times last night and get the same error. SafeSysUpdater goes through almost all the .cia in my updates folder and then throws an error on the same file everytime. Its one of the last five or so. The error is

Code:
0004009B00010402.cia
fsException:
fs.cpp:117: Result: 0xD9004588
failed to write file!
Did you store the update files in '/updates'?
Safe sys updater only downgrades to 9.2, use the cia version of sysupdater here

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SysNand is 9.0 sorry I wasnt clear. I am not trying to downgrade my SysNand, I have 10.7(U) Emunand and I am trying to Downgrade it to 2.1.0 I will edit my post. Thanks.
What I said stays, safesysupdater can only downgrade to 9.2 you need to use the regular sysupdater I linked above and install it as a cia with fbi, if you have it as a cia already delete it and reinstall, also redownload your 2.1 pack, it may have corrupted somehow

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I said stays, safesysupdater can only downgrade to 9.2 you need to use the regular sysupdater I linked above and install it as a cia with fbi, if you have it as a cia already delete it and reinstall, also redownload your 2.1 pack, it may have corrupted somehow
Scratch that, I apologize I never used safesysupdater, its the one posted in the guide (SysUpdater 0.4.2b).I followed the guide exactly to a tee. I downloaded both an older version of sysupdater and tried it, and redownloaded the 2.1 firmware files. I am also not the only person thats run into this-->( https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-downgrade-to-2-1-0-to-get-otp.419650/page-2#post-6192256 same issue different .cia). Also when I was researching last night I came across some other peoples posts get the same error downgrading with sysupdater to use cfw was public and the fix was to delete the emunand home menu extdata from so I tried that. Right now I am gonna take a blank SD Card and do the whole guide from scratch (although starting from a 9.0.x sysnand), I'll post results.

Edit- Guess I shouldnt be posting in this thread since I never used SafeSysUpdater. Whoops.

Last edited by DayVeeBoi,

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scratch that, I apologize I never used safesysupdater, its the one posted in the guide (SysUpdater 0.4.2b).I followed the guide exactly to a tee. I downloaded both an older version of sysupdater and tried it, and redownloaded the 2.1 firmware files. I am also not the only person thats run into this-->( https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-downgrade-to-2-1-0-to-get-otp.419650/page-2#post-6192256 same issue different .cia). Also when I was researching last night I came across some other peoples posts get the same error downgrading with sysupdater to use cfw was public and the fix was to delete the emunand home menu extdata from so I tried that. Right now I am gonna take a blank SD Card and do the whole guide from scratch (although starting from a 9.0.x sysnand), I'll post results.
Cool let me know how it goes

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Y
For sure, I dont really have time for this today but this stuff gets under my skin and I just like to bulldog it til I get it fixed lol. I probably shouldnt be posting about it in this thread its really not a safesysupdater issue I guess. The search term I used brougfht this thread up and so I posted here, but anyways I will post my results here in case someone else find my post while they are searching

PRAlSEIT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to attempt to downgrade a N3DS with 9.6.0.24U Firmware to 9.2. Is the version in the OP my best option? Or is there a version somewhere in the middle of all of these posts that would suit me better?

I'm trying to avoid having to update to 10.7 from a fail since I don't have any of the games for the cartridge exploit. Aiming for the safest method possible. :/ First time downgrading a 3DS.

Last edited by PRAlSEIT,

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So just to follow up, I dont think its possible to just jump into the guide at https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP) starting from 9.0 sysnand and CFW/GW emunand. I used the same N3DSXL same SDCard starting the guide from Part 3 using Emunand9 and was succesful. So in conclusion, I am not quite sure what the issue is, but you cant just jump into the guide at Part 4 like it says to, if you're starting from 9.0.x Sysnand and previously installed CFW/GateWay Emunand you should likely start from Part 3 and save yourself many hours of fucking around.
ew

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to attempt to downgrade a N3DS with 9.6.0.24U Firmware to 9.2. Is the version in the OP my best option? Or is there a version somewhere in the middle of all of these posts that would suit me better?

I'm trying to avoid having to update to 10.7 from a fail since I don't have any of the games for the cartridge exploit. Aiming for the safest method possible. :/ First time downgrading a 3DS.
You have the same chance of failing no matter what version of sysupdater, I have a 100% success rate with both regular sysupdater and safesysupdater, but some seem to not have good success rate with ssu, I'd say just use ssu, but at the very minimum use the check option of ssu to make sure you have the right pack then use su

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong