pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Tried downgrading from 9.6.0-23U to 9.2, crashed while downgrading, got a soft-brick and was able to get back into the menu, its still 9.6, but browserhax does not work anymore, keeps getting stuck on the orange color and kicking me out to the home menu, tried different browserhax addresses and nothing worked.

Is there anyway i could update to 10.3 without using a cart? I also have a EU version of ocarina of time so i don't think that'll work.
try the browserhack url for 9.2 dont use the qr

nvm i missed u saying that sorry

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried downgrading from 9.6.0-23U to 9.2, crashed while downgrading, got a soft-brick and was able to get back into the menu, its still 9.6, but browserhax does not work anymore, keeps getting stuck on the orange color and kicking me out to the home menu, tried different browserhax addresses and nothing worked.

Is there anyway i could update to 10.3 without using a cart? I also have a EU version of ocarina of time so i don't think that'll work.
Try deleting the webkit-thing in the root of your sd card, and clearing your browser's history/cookies and try browserhax again via QR code or auto.php

Geraki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried everything you guys mentioned and it still doesn't work.

Anyway i could fix this by using my gateway cart? i have another N3DS with gateway emunand and everything, can i use that to help me with my situation?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried everything you guys mentioned and it still doesn't work.

Anyway i could fix this by using my gateway cart? i have another N3DS with gateway emunand and everything, can i use that to help me with my situation?
With a cubic ninja's rom, you can try 9.6 payload.
If it doesn't work, then 9.2 payload

Geraki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With a cubic ninja's rom, you can try 9.6 payload.
If it doesn't work, then 9.2 payload
But my gateway cart does not work on the 3ds that i want to downgrade, and my other 3ds is fine and does not need any downgrading.

I just need help with my 9.6 n3ds, because no hax works on it at the moment.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
But my gateway cart does not work on the 3ds that i want to downgrade, and my other 3ds is fine and does not need any downgrading.

I just need help with my 9.6 n3ds, because no hax works on it at the moment.
Keep trying with browserhax then...
Oothax, ninjax and browserhax are your only options I think.

Try placing manually the payload browserhax uses in your sd card.
Download It from here http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
set your version/region etc and click on otherapp. Then, rename the file with the same pattern as the old one and save it on the root of your SD card again.

(I think it is "browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin")

Also if you can rent a OOT, you can use your o3ds to install oothax and use it on yout n3ds.
I'm out of ideas...

Last edited by Arubaro,

Geraki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My OOT is EU, will the oothax work on a US 3ds?

If not, i guess i'll have to buy fire emblem fates to update to 10.3 then try downgrading.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
My OOT is EU, will the oothax work on a US 3ds?

If not, i guess i'll have to buy fire emblem fates to update to 10.3 then try downgrading.
No, It won't work...
I edited my last comment if you didn't see it.

Also, updating via cartridge doesn't update your browser, so you still won't be able to boot the homebrew launcher (well, but if the firm is updated, then I'm not entirely sure)

Last edited by Arubaro,

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a suggestion, if it's possible you should have it downgrade the version first that way downgrades that fail halfway through can be reupdated to 10.3 with fire emblem fates so you can start over from scratch instead of the 10.3 9.2 mixed firmware

Geraki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, It won't work...
I edited my last comment if you didn't see it.

Also, updating via cartridge doesn't update your browser, so you still won't be able to boot the homebrew launcher (well, but if the firm is updated, then I'm not entirely sure)

Well my downgrade failed after the first two or three cias, so something happened to the browser probably.

i have a suggestion, if it's possible you should have it downgrade the version first that way downgrades that fail halfway through can be reupdated to 10.3 with fire emblem fates so you can start over from scratch instead of the 10.3 9.2 mixed firmware

Mine is still on 9.6 and i cant really downgrade because i have no access to browserhax, but someone in this thread said that he updated to 10.3 and downgraded just fine so i think it should work.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Well my downgrade failed after the first two or three cias, so something happened to the browser probably.

Mine is still on 9.6 and i cant really downgrade because i have no access to browserhax, but someone in this thread said that he updated to 10.3 and downgraded just fine so i think it should work.
You don't really need to be on 10.3, just with a cart between 9.7 - 10.3 should be enough.

David Samson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Finally made it, made it through the orange screen, al I needed was the roppin_payload file, the oly thing was to try both versions 9.9.0-26u and 9.2.0-20U , the ones I was trapped between. Follow this tutorial here. Works like a charm!! Thank you all for your help. I'm glad to help and be helped in a community.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Took a look at the 0.9 release. Either I herped or a lot changed!

a. The downgrade steps are back (e.g Clean memory Step 5 etc..)
b. It lists actual title versions and where they're going
c. Changed installed to DONE.

Though had a bit of a heart attack this morning. Downgraded started, got about 8 CIA's in, and the screen just went black. No error or warning to turn off the console. Turned it off and was able to boot back up. SysSettings still said 10.2.0-27U but payload was 9.2.0-27U as is usual with frankenfirmware.

Just a bit of a scare, but rerunning SSU downgraded it again and was flawless after that.

Finally made it, made it through the orange screen, al I needed was the roppin_payload file, the oly thing was to try both versions 9.9.0-26u and 9.2.0-20U , the ones I was trapped between. Follow this tutorial here. Works like a charm!! Thank you all for your help. I'm glad to help and be helped in a community.

Ya he could try the url for 9.2 instead of the auto qr code

I think you can make browserhax work, use 9.2ropbins? this was the case with mine, i used 9.2 qrcode on 9.5 partially dged n3ds, 9.5 qr would only say "home menu ropbin is ready"
it pushes through when I use 9.2 qr

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
guys, may be this has been answered many time, but I'm getting stuck.

trying to make a downgrade on an old 3ds but I keed getting stuck on something in the screen:

ARM11 KERNEL EXPLOIT
#1 : Allocating buffers...
#2 : Allocating pages...
#3 : Map SlapHeap in userland...
the rest is messy

is this normal?? should I try something else.

Hua Quang Loi

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, im new here.
so today, after a few months i started to play my O3DS again. then I found out about all these upgrade/downgrade, rxTools, CFW,... things.
so now I need to downgrade my 3DS firmware from 9.9.0-26J (my current) to 9.2 to play some 3ds games.
I looked everywhere and it seems like i cant do that (except someone said here in this thread that he/she (TheKawaiiDesu) had been able to do it https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-how-update-system-on-9-9-to-10-3.413019/ using SafeSysUpdater) unless I upgrade it to 10.3 then downgrade it.
I'm completely newbie so I thought I'd use SafeSysUpdater to downgrade the firmware as TheKawaiiDesu said he/she had done it. And now i'm stuck at how to use/run the safesysupdater files (.3dsx/cia files)
Can anyone help me? I'm completely lost @_@
Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited by Hua Quang Loi,
D

Deleted User

someone on reddit tried the newest ver and it failed http://pastebin.com/7tg6U0y1 thats their log

Almost every console I've had bomb fails on the Home menu title. Without fail, so may be worth looking into. My possible guess is that since HBL hooks into the home menu applet, there's a possibility of something in RAM getting lost and bombing out. When I have time, I'll try to run it on a hard-modded N3DS to test a few theories.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost every console I've had bomb fails on the Home menu title. Without fail, so may be worth looking into. My possible guess is that since HBL hooks into the home menu applet, there's a possibility of something in RAM getting lost and bombing out. When I have time, I'll try to run it on a hard-modded N3DS to test a few theories.
I've had that problem, but I have a fix for it. This has confirmed to work for like 5 people which isn't a lot, but it's worked without fail after I told them. Basically just update your system to a firmware higher than the one you're currently on. I know that fw 10.3 and fw 10.5 (emunand) will work.

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I use SafeSysUpdater to check 10.3 update files instead of 9.2 downgrade files? i'm having trouble downgrading my 10.2 pokemon n3ds and i read somewhere that he was able to downgrade his unit by updating it to 10.3 first...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii