Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Great, so just go to the first page of this post, you'll find the SafeSysUpdater.

Also, what entrypoint are you using? WebHax or MenuHax?
Menuhax. Sometimes Ironhax. Didnt work on both.
And yes. I resorted to sysUpdater because SafeSysUpdater would freeze with a dozen of pixels on the bottom left side on the top screen when I would press Y to downgrade.

Last edited by Salamencizer,

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Menuhax. Sometimes Ironhax. Didnt work on both.

When I've tried with WebHax it didn't worked. On MenuHax worked, but after the downgrade I got an error from Nintendo, then I had to recover the 3DS, what update it...

Good luck!

Also are you on 10.3? For some reason the chances of success is higher on this version.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
When I've tried with WebHax it didn't worked. On MenuHax worked, but after the downgrade I got an error from Nintendo, then I had to recover the 3DS, what update it...

Good luck!

Also are you on 10.3? For some reason the chances of success is higher on this version.
Yes, I'm on 10.3.0:28E............

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW, I did use the Sysupdater and tutorial on the link given by @Falkiner on my o3DS, at first it froze, like what happen to you, but second try it did the job. The only thing worth mentioning is I did a full format on my o3DS and SD card.

Kyo 3-16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem just now, I'm going to see if this works.
Or do as this guy suggests.

If you do try to delete 0004003000008F02.cia and see if it works. Even though it passed with SafeSysUpdater, that file would freeze the downgrade process. I would even freeze with Julian's sysupdater.

loolee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I see a lot of information to downgrade 9.2+ to 9.2, but would it be possible to use this tool to update an older version to 9.2?

My nephew has a o3ds v6 and i was wondering if it would be possible to load ninjhax 1 (which is listed as compatible for old version down to 4.0) and then load safesysupdater .3dsx from homebrew menu to upgrade to 9.2? Or maybe install sysupdater cia using FBI from homebrew menu or something like that?

Last edited by loolee,

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see a lot of information to downgrade 9.2+ to 9.2, but would it be possible to use this tool to update an older version to 9.2?

My nephew has a o3ds v6 and i was wondering if it would be possible to load ninjhax 1 (which is listed as compatible for old version down to 4.0) and then load safesysupdater .3dsx from homebrew menu to upgrade to 9.2? Or maybe install sysupdater cia using FBI from homebrew menu or something like that?

SafeSysUpdater only works to downgrade to 9.2.
If you want to update please read this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

This will teach you how SysUpdater works.

I believe you will just need to download the files for the 9.2 version and the click on Update on SysUpdater.

Please search more before doing this.

Last edited by Falkiner,

loolee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I already followed this guide to downgrade my n3ds.

So, OK, i will use the "Not Safe" sysupdater then ;)

Thank you very much

PorchettaMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried downgrading my 9.9 N3DS to 9.2 using SafeSysUpdater, but the process failed halfway through. After rebooting I can't get anything but a few of the default apps to start, everything gets stuck on the splash screen, meaning I can't use any exploit or check my firmware version. Any way I can get out of this other than upgrading to 10.5?

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried downgrading my 9.9 N3DS to 9.2 using SafeSysUpdater, but the process failed halfway through. After rebooting I can't get anything but a few of the default apps to start, everything gets stuck on the splash screen, meaning I can't use any exploit or check my firmware version. Any way I can get out of this other than upgrading to 10.5?

you'll need a copy of cubic ninja or ocarina of time w/ the hacked save, and then you can boot into homebrew and redo the downgrade to complete it. happened to me on an o3dsxl recently, this is how i fixed it.

PorchettaMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you'll need a copy of cubic ninja or ocarina of time w/ the hacked save, and then you can boot into homebrew and redo the downgrade to complete it. happened to me on an o3dsxl recently, this is how i fixed it.
Thanks a lot for the advice, although I'd rather use it as a last resort. My problem with it is that I'm not even sure Cubic Ninja or OoT would work at all, I bought the console just for the occasion, so I don't have any games to test if at least those are still running.

I also heard some games come with an update to 10.1, and prompt you to update before getting to the splash screen (where everything seems to get stuck). Do you think that would be another option?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto