[WIP] PHBank - Pokémon Homebrew Bank

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Gocario, Oct 3, 2015.

1. xan3000

xan3000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    Venezuela
    Curious, will developer take interest in adding the 'National Dex' features from the January update into the PHBank when that update comes out?

Since the games won't have the National Dex, in order to people to pay for the Bank, I do wonder if PHBank will take interest to have something like it? :P

2. Rocky007

Rocky007 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Is it possible to transfer Items with this?
    Also is it possible to use downloaded XY/ORAS or just cartidges?

3. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Yes, but if I'm not mistaken, you'll need this installed as a CIA before you can use it on the dlc copies and as long as the pokemon being transferred is holding an item, item transfers should have no problem (but don't go transferring slobronite or sablenite to x/y or you run the risk of getting a corrupt save)

Last edited by Sketchy1, Nov 16, 2016
  4. Gocario
    OP

Gocario GBAFail'd

Sep 5, 2015
    France
    Bourg Palette
    The encryption stuff on the gen7 is a bit problematic, I don't really have time to work on it atm.
    And I don't really know how to work with the regional/national dexes in these games
    Yeah, items are bringed alongs with the Pokémon while banking them.
    There is a filter supposed to contain the new items/forms/moves/abilities in the bank and blocking the transfer to the older game.

MSco likes this.
  5. EventAssistant

EventAssistant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    I'm working on gen7 encryption, I'm in a very good point of development right now (only have to code RSA algorithm and make tests when my cart arrives). If I reach to get save encryption working, you'll be free to use it if at some point you have enough time to update your project

6. Bruno_Guimaraes

Bruno_Guimaraes Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    I have a quick question but that concerns me, will Pokémon Homebrew Bank be compatible with Sun and Moon?

7. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    At some point, probably. But legally speaking the games aren't even out yet, and while the datamine has given devs some insight it'll be hard to program for full support before release without risking getting yourself caught for piracy.

Also, it may not be a priority for the dev, especially this time of year when holidays are rolling around and if they're a college student finals are coming up.

VeniaSilente and medoli900 like this.
  8. TheUnhingedOne

TheUnhingedOne Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    United States
    United States
    How do I import my bank file from normal bank to here? Also, can't seem to get this work, 11.2 basehaxx/ninjhax

9. tsunasawad

tsunasawad Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    Colombia
    I hope you can do it Gocario, i got almost every pokemon and i kept in the phbank, anyway if you can't i guess i have to use the pkhex

10. Alex Huynh

Alex Huynh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2016
    PkHex already got an update to compatible with Pokemon SUn and Moon, i do expect PHBank to do to same very soon.

11. TheMagicMan

TheMagicMan A Person

Sep 21, 2016
    United States
    My screen turns yellow when I try to use it. I believe this is PASLR, Anyway around it?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I also tried to select pokebank but it crashed shortly after :/

TheUnhingedOne likes this.
  12. TheUnhingedOne

TheUnhingedOne Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    United States
    United States
    Seconded

13. Rehv

Rehv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2013
    Brazil
    Quick FAQ:

You can check if there is any update here (hint: none atm). I checked/compiled/messed with the code myself, but it would take some time to build knowledge on the code so I gave up for now.

EventAssistant is going to work eventually, so everyone asking WHERE IS BANK SUPPORT FOR GEN 7 can check here regularly to see if there is any update regarding Sun/Moon.

If you absolutely don't wanna wait then export your save and edit with PkHex. If you don't want to remove the sd card everytime, use FTPd (comes with the homebrew starter kit).

EventAssistant likes this.
  14. EventAssistant

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    Read-only support for gen7 is coming today on EventAssistant. Bank instead will support storing gen7 mons, but basically they'll be only copies (at the end nothing will be saved in the game, due to the read-only support).

What does this mean? If you want to backup a few gen7 mons for the future, my integrated bank will work between ten hours or so.

Help in completing crypto support is still required, I'm at a good point btw. Message me if you know how to help me.

euamotubaina and Rehv like this.
  15. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    In the future, if reading and writing becomes availble, can it import from gen 6?

16. EventAssistant

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    Sure. It can do it right now, it's the crypto that is hurting me so much

VeniaSilente likes this.
  17. TheUnhingedOne

TheUnhingedOne Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    United States
    United States
    Can't seem to get EventAssistant to launch on my n3DS 11.2... Am I doing something wrong?

18. EventAssistant

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    If you're starting it from the hbl, you have to load Pokemon Bank when starting it.
    Also, you're free to ask in EventAssistant thread to avoid flooding this topic with OTs, I suppose

19. TheUnhingedOne

TheUnhingedOne Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    United States
    United States
    Oh, ok. Thanks!

20. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I mean import from 6 and export to 7

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted