Homebrew [WIP] PHBank - Pokémon Homebrew Bank

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having trouble moving some of the pikachu's that have special outfits? for some reason out of all of them there are a certain 5 that I cant xfer to the bank

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know you've gone over the fonts thing, but being able to see the Asian language characters would be useful. What's the current roadblock, anyway? Not having a font that supports Unicode?

Beyond that, here's another round of improvements that could be made:
  1. TID/SID/TSV display currently runs off the edge of the left-hand box. Might want to move the start of the Trainer name to the left to match the start of the OT name.
  2. Box selector screen shows only the 'empty box' icon. Could use ones for 'partially full' and 'completely full' to match Gen-6 PC UI. Don't change the number at the bottom, but just let us tell at a glance too.
  3. Revert field in top bar to display Nickname, since species name is already shown near OT field.
  4. Add gender indicator somewhere.
  5. Add OT TID/SID/TSV to OT field. Would be useful for doing TSV checks for other players.
  6. Add a language indicator, maybe just to the right of the level on the top bar (shifting the level field over to compensate).
  7. Make markings easier to distinguish between marked and unmarked.
  8. Possibly separate out the box 'mon icons and the top screen 'mon graphics so it would be possible to make the top screen ones be stills of the 3D renders.
Edit:

I tried to add the files you linked to in place of the icons that are in there already, but it errors when trying to load. What did you do to get them to show up, 'cause I like those over the pixelly 'icon' images.
1. Tabs are planned
2. That was planned, you can even see these box icons in the box_tiles.png.
3. ... ? The nickname is already displayed if there is one.
4. I finished to draw the male/female icon yesterday.
5. cf 1.
6. You mean the Pokémon language? I have things about that :P
7. :'(
8. What?!

Edit. That is because I add to write it, so it's not in the latest release yet.
Is anyone else having trouble moving some of the pikachu's that have special outfits? for some reason out of all of them there are a certain 5 that I cant xfer to the bank
I am filtering the Cosplay Pikacha because it shouldn't go outside of ORAS games.
I could allow the ORAS <-> Bank and block the XY <-> Bank but that would be annoying for other things.

Last edited by Gocario,

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I mean about the Nickname, is that the field will show a foreign-language name, even if it's the 'default' one, in an app like PKHex, but if it matches the species default in PHBank, it defaults to (in my case) ENG, no matter what region it's from.

And by a Language indicator, I do mean the ENG, SPA, FRE, ITA, GER, JPN, and KOR tags you'd see in the Summary screen in-game. Granted, this would need 42 specific graphics (7 languages, and 6 tags for each that's not the game's chosen), but it seems your intent is to replicate the PC's Summary screen with some extras, so adding this would be awesome.

But I'm not sure what you mean by 'Tabs'. what I meant with #1 was that, given my Trainer Name, Trainer ID, Secret ID and Trainer Shiny Value, the placement of the Trainer Name causes the rest to run off the shaded bar, as it's aligned to the Species name just below it, as opposed to the number, where it wouldn't.

Example:
Trainer Tiberious(19557-38022-3470)
Dex No. 640 Virizion
OT Tiberious

But the shaded section only goes to where the 3 in 3470 is. However, if the name after Trainer were lined up vertically with the name after OT, it would fit (and you could add the '(XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX)' Trainer ID-Secret ID-Shiny Value bit after the OT name and have it look alright too.

Edit: Ugh... it ruined my formatting. Anyway, it's hard to describe without a screenshot.

Alejandrojohanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could request any one single addition to this, it'd be support for DPP / HGSS. I absolutely abhor playing the transfer game to go from DPP / HGSS to BW / B2W2, so the ability to jump straight from Gen 4 to Gen 6 would make my life that much sweeter.

Reactions: greenDarkness555

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it support multiple games transferring to one bank (so one bank could store pokemon from 4+ games) or is it one bank per game?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it support multiple games transferring to one bank (so one bank could store pokemon from 4+ games) or is it one bank per game?
It is a single bank file that can be shared between any number of Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire or X and Y.

So yes it can be used with any of the games as long as they are the 3DS edition games.

Reactions: N64

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just used this to quickly move my Living Pokédex from AS -> X and back. So much faster and more reliable than the official PokéBank!

I stumbled across something that would be super helpful though: could the ability to "release" (technically delete) Pokémon be added? Obviously it needs to be difficult to trigger by accident, but if I could throw a bunch of Eggs in there, check for IVs/shininess, and then batch release the undesirables that would be AMAZING.

Reactions: zetaPRIME

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the latest version still have the weird homebrew writing on the top and bottom screen when opening? Would it be possible for me to compile it differently to open with the stock 3ds logo thing?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the latest version still have the weird homebrew writing on the top and bottom screen when opening? Would it be possible for me to compile it differently to open with the stock 3ds logo thing?
From what I understand it's something that just happens to show up and is part of the way the program works. If someone can figure out a way to change this behavior then there's a chance it could be added.

Razorzeto

Darkness can not drive out darkness.
Trophies
XP
Country

Edit the *.rsf file with
Code:
  Logo                    : Nintendo # Homebrew / Licensed / Distributed / iQue / iQueForSystem / Homebrew
and then you go.

Reactions: 4gionz

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can fix that by recompiling with build-cia.rsf modified
change this line
Logo : Homebrew # Nintendo / Licensed / Distributed / iQue / iQueForSystem / Homebrew
to
Logo : Nintendo # Nintendo / Licensed / Distributed / iQue / iQueForSystem / Homebrew

Reactions: 4gionz

Razorzeto

Darkness can not drive out darkness.
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit the *.rsf file with
Code:
  Logo                    : Nintendo # Homebrew / Licensed / Distributed / iQue / iQueForSystem / Homebrew
and then you go.

You can fix that by recompiling with build-cia.rsf modified
change this line
Logo : Homebrew # Nintendo / Licensed / Distributed / iQue / iQueForSystem / Homebrew
to
Logo : Nintendo # Nintendo / Licensed / Distributed / iQue / iQueForSystem / Homebrew

You've been ninja'd.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a few changes to the Makefile to be made to compile the 2.0.1 beta that are not needed to compile the latest master
change line 58 to this
Code:
CFLAGS    +=    $(INCLUDE) -DARM11 -D_3DS -D__cia

change line 165 to this (typo fix, not necessary)
Code:
    @echo built ... $(TARGET).3dsx

change lines 167 to 173 to this (Needed to build the CIA, else it will throw a bannertool error and fail)
Code:
cia: $(BUILD)
#    @bannertool makebanner -o $(CIA_BANNER) -i $(CIA_BANNER_PNG) -ca $(CIA_BANNER_WAV)
#    @echo built ... $(CIA_BANNER)
#    @bannertool makesmdh -o $(CIA_SMDH) -i $(ICON) -s "$(APP_TITLE)" -l "$(APP_DESCRIPTION)" -p "$(APP_AUTHOR)" -fvisible
#    @echo built ... $(TARGET).smdh
    @makerom -f cia -target t -exefslogo -o $(TARGET).cia -elf $(TARGET).elf -rsf $(CIA_RSF) -banner $(CIA_BANNER) -icon $(CIA_SMDH)
    @echo built ... $(TARGET).cia
Now you can run make cia to compile a 3dsx,elf,and cia

Last edited by driverdis,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when using the latest master, does anyone get Problem happened: 0x20 running the CIA?
I can compile fine as the 2.0.1 Beta compiles and runs fine with the above changes to the makefile

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone compiles this new stuff with the new loading and such, be sure to link it for me, I would be very interested as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.