Homebrew [WIP] PHBank - Pokémon Homebrew Bank

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
C_devkitPro.png
these are all I got under C:\devkitPro\...
I believe I installed all of them correctly (no error occur during the installation)

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Does it support X and Y ?
btw can I run in on GW ?
Is there any good tutorial for this ? dying to give it a try have my whole team at retail Y I want to transfer to GW OR

br3compactor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Gocario
More games to add to this!!! Lol

The Pokémon in RBY are not compatible with current gen games.
Actually, no Pokémon from before the 3rd gen are compatible with any game after that.
The IVs work differently, and abilities were introduced...
I think this was a big mistake by Nintendo, because they could have found a workaround, as they did with the item introduction at gen 2.
I really wish I could have passed my gen 1 Pokémon up until today.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pokémon in RBY are not compatible with current gen games.
Actually, no Pokémon from before the 3rd gen are compatible with any game after that.
The IVs work differently, and abilities were introduced...
I think this was a big mistake by Nintendo, because they could have found a workaround, as they did with the item introduction at gen 2.
I really wish I could have passed my gen 1 Pokémon up until today.
Not saying to switch to the newer games. Would just be nice to be able to store them from between the three games. But being virtual console I don't see how it would be possible anyways. So yeah I retract my statement about adding these. Easier for this community to play them on an emulator anyways.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Not saying to switch to the newer games. Would just be nice to be able to store them from between the three games. But being virtual console I don't see how it would be possible anyways. So yeah I retract my statement about adding these. Easier for this community to play them on an emulator anyways.
Really? I thought svdt can read virtual console saves.
Actually, gen 1 is way simpler, only copy/paste + pokedex and we got a bank. Nintendo could even make a separate app that allows wifi trading by reading the savegame, that would really be cool, since I can do it with a mobile phone, but not with an odficial release...

D

Deleted User

Is possible to make a homebrew pokeTransporter to work with this pokemon bank homebrew?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I thought svdt can read virtual console saves.
Actually, gen 1 is way simpler, only copy/paste + pokedex and we got a bank. Nintendo could even make a separate app that allows wifi trading by reading the savegame, that would really be cool, since I can do it with a mobile phone, but not with an odficial release...
I have no idea... I've never gotten SVDT to work.

And I don't actually play any of the VC titles now that I have access to emulators.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
honestly, what do you need gen 1 pokemon for anyways?
but taking the save from a vc game and even building a pokemon box for that shouldn't be of any issue.
the problem begins at the point where you want to take your pokemon and send them to newer games or take your gen 5 charmander and transfer it back

the old games pokemon simply lack much of the data the new pokemon have. like indicators for IVs and nature, trainer gender, sid etc.
course, these could be randomly generated, but then you really wouldn't have your gen 1 pokemon anymore, it would be a new one you might as well have caught in your new game and call it a day.

all in all, its really just a pointless idea to want that

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, what do you need gen 1 pokemon for anyways?
but taking the save from a vc game and even building a pokemon box for that shouldn't be of any issue.
the problem begins at the point where you want to take your pokemon and send them to newer games or take your gen 5 charmander and transfer it back

the old games pokemon simply lack much of the data the new pokemon have. like indicators for IVs and nature, trainer gender, sid etc.
course, these could be randomly generated, but then you really wouldn't have your gen 1 pokemon anymore, it would be a new one you might as well have caught in your new game and call it a day.

all in all, its really just a pointless idea to want that
also to mention there was only 1 special stat.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
also to mention there was only 1 special stat.
that too, though, it would simply be generated according to the base stats and get the same random ivs (since gen 1 had ivs work differently) as every other stat.
and sending it back ,it would also have to randomize the gen 1 ivs (along with nature and ability and of course, all earned evs in new gens would be gone too).

so unless the box actually memorized all those stats, sending a pokemon back and forth would either end up with mixing its stats up with every travel. it just doesn't work out in any reasonable manner

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love how everybody is geting so tore up about kidding about adding them.
yeah yeah now you were just joking.
then again, people all over the place are wondering if these games will work with their normal pokebank. since these games are on 3ds and have wifi now.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah yeah now you were just joking.
then again, people all over the place are wondering if these games will work with their normal pokebank. since these games are on 3ds and have wifi now.
I really was. If you look at when I told gocario I had way too many exclamation marks and then LOL.

And then I even replied to the guy that spotted that with sarcasm.

But this is getting off topic of the thread. So both of us need to drop it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44