Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Thanks to testing provided by @VaiCorunthians and @Filo97 the first post now contains a new version which directly imports/exports your savefile like the original PCHex did (no save file manager and no pc is now needed to test it)!
a pc is still needed to install it. when downloadmii 2.0 will be out the need of pc will be removed but it isn't now.

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So for now we can import and export?

For now you can clone a pokemon and inject a .pk6 into your savefile, other than retrieve a bunch of informations from your boxes. All the edit functions are on the way to come (feel free to browse the source code, they are already there, just a matter of finding a clever way to arrange everything on screen)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome.. When its ready, i wont have to keep removing my sd card anymore!! It should work with 10.3 right?

As long as you can launch an homebrew it should work (someone already tested it on 10.3 and reported it works)

Initialization failed, press START to exit.

This can be caused by different things:
  • the absence of the data folder into your /3ds/PCHex++ folder (it is contained into the zip)
  • the absence of the .xml file (it is also contained into the zip file)
  • you didn't select a correct game (are you sure you are selecting a X/Y/OR/AS instance from the menu?)
  • you are on emuNAND (it has some problem with emuNAND not caused by the program itself)
  • the file system fails to be initialized for some reason
Which firmware and hax are you on right now?

by any chance: did you compile the code from github or copypasted the release into your sd?

Last edited by Slashcash,

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
As long as you can launch an homebrew it should work (someone already tested it on 10.3 and reported it works)

This can be caused by different things:
  • the absence of the data folder into your /3ds/PCHex++ folder (it is contained into the zip)
  • the absence of the .xml file (it is also contained into the zip file)
  • you didn't select a correct game (are you sure you are selecting a X/Y/OR/AS instance from the menu?)
  • you are on emuNAND (it has some problem with emuNAND not caused by the program itself)
  • the file system fails to be initialized for some reason
Which firmware and hax are you on right now?

by any chance: did you compile the code from github or copypasted the release into your sd?

if i select my pokemonx cart,it even won't boot into the homebrew,just show a red bottom screen.

ninjhax2.5 on 10.3j new3ds

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just show a red bottom screen.

This is really strange as the only time a red bottom screen occured was because i was using a wrong ninjhax payload for my firmware.
I will investigate further on this, thanks a lot. It would be useful if someone with a Pokemon X cart could replicate this bug.

Awesomeslayerg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really strange as the only time a red bottom screen occured was because i was using a wrong ninjhax payload for my firmware.
I will investigate further on this, thanks a lot. It would be useful if someone with a Pokemon X cart could replicate this bug.
Same here just tested it

10.3 22u

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Same here just tested it

10.3 22u
if i select my pokemonx cart,it even won't boot into the homebrew,just show a red bottom screen.

ninjhax2.5 on 10.3j new3ds

ehm... for turning phbank with my omega ruby it tooked me 25 secoonds! but after that it worked! so, try waiting more.

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yup, red screen at the bottom.

I'm using Pokémon Y, on a 9.9 O3DSXL

Yes, i'm aware that X and Y get a red bottom screen. Already solved that but didn't have the time to update the first post with a new release. I will upload a new version this weekend with a lot of bug fixing (the red screen, the glitched font and the empty slot showing as egg mainly)

I even spent some time trying to implement a keyboard for fast input. And now the import function shows all the pk6 files on the sd and lets you choose which one to import. Other than this the nature of a pokemon will be editable (as a test for every other editing function) Stay tuned. (I know, minor things but in the weekdays is hard to have some spare time XD)

Last edited by Slashcash,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Yes, i'm aware that X and Y get a red bottom screen. Already solved that but didn't have the time to update the first post with a new release. I will upload a new version this weekend with a lot of bug fixing (the red screen, the glitched font and the empty slot showing as egg mainly)

I even spent some time trying to implement a keyboard for fast input. And now the import function shows all the pk6 files on the sd and lets you choose which one to import. Other than this the nature of a pokemon will be editable (as a test for every other editing function) Stay tuned. (I know, minor things but in the weekdays is hard to have some spare time XD)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hbkblib-a-3ds-keyboard-library.397568/
pchex++ = c++
hbkblib = c++
Perfect combo!

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can this inject .pkm files ?

Edit: Cant ):

.pkm and .pk6 have some differences in length, converting them is not a straightforward task at all. You can convert them with PKHex and then inject them in the meantime.

I will post an update between tomorrow and monday (just the time to polish everything) to make import a lot easier (just throw your files on the sd and a menu will let you choose which one to import)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(