TRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
title.png

Despite having a powerful editor and being a game that's easy to edit, NSMB2 doesn't have very many hacks in the making.

New Super Mario Redux is a ROM hack of New Super Mario Bros. 2 that aims to replaces all of the levels (eventually including the DLC packs). Particular emphasis is put on the quality of the levels; I work slowly and I test each level numerous times to make sure they're fun to play and free of technical problems.

1 WORLD DEMO DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytynvahs1obswmc/NSMR_1demo_layeredfs.zip?dl=0

Instructions on how to use are here (look for "playing other people's mods)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-nsmb2-custom-levels-mods-the-easier-way.437207/

------------------------------------------------------------

1.png
2.png

3.png
4.png

Special thanks to SuperML for making an old version of the logo.

Last edited by TRS,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
title.png

Despite having a powerful editor and being a game that's easy to edit, NSMB2 doesn't have very many hacks in the making.

New Super Mario Redux is a ROM hack of New Super Mario Bros. 2 that aims to replaces all of the levels (eventually including the DLC packs). Particular emphasis is put on the quality of the levels; I work slowly and I test each level numerous times to make sure they're fun to play and free of technical problems.

A demo is almost done, and is slated to be released sometime before the end of June. It will feature a completely redone world 1, with all levels replaced and tilesets that are ports from NSMBU. In the future, depending on the state of custom music, I may include some new music (preferably custom pieces if I can get my hands on some).

------------------------------------------------------------

1.png
2.png

3.png
4.png

Special thanks to SuperML for making an old version of the logo.

All pics r broken

D

Deleted User

I feel like the only reason NSMB2 hacks aren't very popular is because barely anyone is willing to dedicate a lot of time and care into making one, that or after a while they just realise it's way too hard and time consuming and just give up.

I've got faith in this one.

TRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small update:

5.png

In addition to the normal route, castle levels have a hard route, denoted by the skull and crossbones sign. In castle levels, star coins can only be found in the hard route,

D

Deleted User

You shouldn't ever make any deadlines or promises with these sorta things, they take time and unexpected issues can pop up.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I like a lot the idea of the "hard route"... not just for the castles. Hope it all's going fine. And BTW, no deadlines should be set... most of the times it's a clever idea to just provide content as it comes and whenever its ready.

I'm looking forward into this hack, thanks!

eviltoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Are there any update? seems people lost interest since the release of mario maker made it not worth the effort to hack the game...

TheBeefBai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey dude, from one creator to another I just wanted to say good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing what your hack has in store. Don't be afraid to DM if you need anything! I'm always willing to help where I can! ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol