Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone! I downgraded my 2DS from 10.3U to 9.2U and my console did not reboot on rebooting in 10 seconds. HOWEVER, I let it wait for 10 minutes, turned it off, took out the SD Card, THEN booted it. It took about 2 minutes to boot, but mine successfully downgraded! If you're stuck on that screen, try doing what I did to see if it worked! :)

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone! I downgraded my 2DS from 10.3U to 9.2U and my console did not reboot on rebooting in 10 seconds. HOWEVER, I let it wait for 10 minutes, turned it off, took out the SD Card, THEN booted it. It took about 2 minutes to boot, but mine successfully downgraded! If you're stuck on that screen, try doing what I did to see if it worked! :)
Tried waiting this time. No luck yet. When you restarted where you on a black screen?

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Old 3ds 10.3 eu
While installing, sysupdater giver "can't find files error" saying it can't find updates folder
Now I have a black screen
nSs5Eac.jpg

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old 3ds 10.3 eu
While installing, sysupdater giver "can't find files error" saying it can't find updates folder
Now I have a black screen
nSs5Eac.jpg
Don't power it off. Mine was sitting like that for several hours (frozen on one of those installs) then it got bricked (black screen).

EDIT: Oh, you already did it, try holding A+L+R+up when booting up to see if that changes anything.

Last edited by Big Boss Snake,

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't power it off. Mine was sitting like that for several hours (frozen on one of those installs) then it got bricked (black screen).

EDIT: Oh, you already did it, try holding A+L+R+up when booting up to see if that changes anything.
Nope, nothing... Oh well this was a spare n3ds, so it's not a problem... What I don't know is why it gave me the error when every cia was in the update folder and the cias were the right ones

Are you using SteveIce10 version?
If you mean the latest one nope, it won't start for me (first time it started and froze at startup not accepting any command) in any entrypoint so I had to use the first version

Last edited by Porro88,

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started waiting when you posted the first post and still waiting. Is that good or bad?
Edit: Yes the SD card is out
Hm... you did wait for the rebooting in 10 seconds screen right? I was worried that mine was bricked, but I simply waited 10 minutes then turned off the console. People were using menuhax like I was and so I took the SD Card out. It shouldn't take THAT long to boot back up! Hopefully you're not bricked.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... you did wait for the rebooting in 10 seconds screen right? I was worried that mine was bricked, but I simply waited 10 minutes then turned off the console. People were using menuhax like I was and so I took the SD Card out. It shouldn't take THAT long to boot back up! Hopefully you're not bricked.
I didn't remove the SD card on first boot. So i think i am fucked with no chance but to fork up $85 since recovery mode will not work

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, nothing... Oh well this was a spare n3ds, so it's not a problem... What I don't know is why it gave me the error when every cia was in the update folder and the cias were the right ones
So I see it is not that safe as everyone else is claiming. First console I have ever bricked. Downgraded PS3, modded a ps2 (hardmod and softmod) and modded a wii so I have had experience with these things but then the 3ds got bricked for reasons I don't know.

Anyways, try giving Nintendo a call later and see if they will repair it for free even though the warranty may be up, tell them it was an update that caused the black screen.
For the files, they may have not copied over properly.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I see it is not that safe as everyone else is claiming. First console I have ever bricked. Downgraded PS3, modded a ps2 (hardmod and softmod) and modded a wii so I have had experience with these things but then the 3ds got bricked for reasons I don't know.

Anyways, try giving Nintendo a call later and see if they will repair it for free even though the warranty may be up, tell them it was an update that caused the black screen.
Just do it through this :D http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/716/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDUxOTEwMTQxL3NpZC9uWXIqQUdGbQ== be sure to tell me how it goes

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Well I knew it wasn't safe so no big deal... But yeah the "it's not dangerous if you don't do anything stupid" thing it's just wrong, I did it carefully and setting up everything and it gave me this error anyway, it's just a matter of luck when it comes to barely stable exploits

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, still charging $85 plus shipping. From reading around, have to apparently speak with customer service to have a chance at free repair while playing dumb. Their internet support isn't being read before the 3ds is sent in so they don't have a chance to have some sympathy.
Anyways, I will be trying in half an hour with the call.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, still charging $85 plus shipping. From reading around, have to apparently speak with customer service to have a chance at free repair while playing dumb. Their internet support isn't being read before the 3ds is sent in so they don't have a chance to have some sympathy.
Anyways, I will be trying in half an hour with the call.
Please post the transcript if you got them to do it for free! If so your my savior

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: She sat on a couch must be a hoe +1