Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet so could we get DS rom loading then if its even possible?

Not sure whnot sure if this would be the type of piracy they would be okay with, or the type of piracy they actively want to put extra work into their project to attempt to block.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would also be piracy but if you want to do that, go ahead, I think nobody will stop you from coding a DS Rom loader. But since DS games are still sold in stores and the 3DS support them natively I think their time isnt over yet. The goal of this project is not to enable piracy, the goal is to get region free working on the N3DS and some other nice stuff (like emunand and homebrew loading from home menu).
They dont want to make it easy to abuse their work but if you want rom loading so bad, you can always reverse it if you want and make your own rom loader ;)

like i stated before just trying to figure out what "roms" are permissible n the almighty eyes of the karl3ds devs. lol some stores still sell ps2 games so idk if thats a valid point... oh well cant wait to see what comes out of this either way. hopefully they dont block emulators. Itd be nice to have a more stable gba and snes emu so i can pirate the shit out of some of my favorite classic games. which isnt really pirating because vc games dont count.

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, that would still be piracy :P
But I dont think that they will block emulators since full ARM11 access means that they can use more system resources and the performance can be heavily improved. I am really looking forward to the release :)

Zedd91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When Citra Emulator works well. No need KARL3DS because the emulator looks very promising B-)

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When Citra Emulator works well. No need KARL3DS because the emulator looks very promising B-)

But many people without a good enough PC/those who who want to use an actual 3DS for homebrew are benefited by this project, like myself!! :>

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I can't wait for Citra to allow for complete 3DS emulation with retail cart support. It'll get the majority of the cheap-asses to leave the homebrew threads for retail hardware alone.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think lot of people hope they're opinions will make you guys change your idea about piracy...ahhhh hope...what a beautifully naive word!..:moogle:

btw, can you spill the beans about the current state of the project? where is now?..always nice to read some progress :P

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a priority atm, I don't imagine us bothering with entry points until quite late on, we need to actually make stuff. :P

Bummer to hear that, but as long as it's in the pipeline then it's all I could have ever hoped for. Really wish I had bought it during the FW 9.0-9.2 update time, would've saved from the worry of potentially never being supported.

Reactions: Ace_Axel

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bummer to hear that, but as long as it's in the pipeline then it's all I could have ever hoped for. Really wish I had bought it during the FW 9.0-9.2 update time, would've saved from the worry of potentially never being supported.
Yeah, it's what I'm hoping on too. I've already started bribing them with beer, but they're still not quite there. Might have to increase the size of the beer stack, ha ha

Reactions: puss2puss

Ace_Axel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We're on the same boat Boomie!!! I feel your pain! Now I need a hug...

Reactions: boomie0123

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So this whole "cfw" you guys are making is anti piracy n all but youre still gna let us pirate old snes games n stuff right? I mean youre not gna block emulators n shit? I guess im just curious what you consider piracy... or will you make a special code that just blocks us from running classic games that are readily available on eshop? once again just trying to figure out where the kernel anti piracy loader stands on "piracy"
Fuck me, let's not go down this track again. If you want to debate about the hypocrisy of being antipiracy while supporting emulators, do it here.

This thread is for discussing the progress being made with KARL3DS.

PLEASE tell me that if/when you guys make CFW, it won't be a pain in the ass to access...
Nah, not unless you have a problem with holding down L when booting...

I don't want to open up a new thread each time I see something, now would I?

Please don't spread unnecessary hate. If there's a problem, don't be a part of it.
No hate, just mild annoyance.

Starting a new thread is exactly what you should do, it doesn't belong in this one.

If not a new thread each time, what about a single "mysterious pastes" thread? That way it'll get the attention it deserves.

Reactions: puss2puss

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any new pictures to show off? It always brings a smile to my face when I come to the thread and see wonderful progress pictures.

Reactions: Death78793
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran +1