[WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rokkubro, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    I'd be simply content with a nice regionfree loader that works with all <9.2 N3DS versions, anything more would be a bonus.

boomie0123 and SLiV3R like this.
  2. Kracken

Kracken GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    I fully respect that they want this to no enable piracy, but it is the closed nature of it that has me worried. There simply aren't many people doing much in the 3DS scene right now.

3. codychaosx

codychaosx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Wisconsin
    could probably install legit cias tho like the ones that come preinstalled on consoles like mh3 n yada yada

Margen67 likes this.
  4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    many projects are closed source, if they feel uncomfortable having it open-sourced as someone would just mod it to enable piracy....well then thats their decision....better someone making some closed source progress than saying unless its all open source we dont want it.....there is tons of info around for people to work with if they are capable, these guys are proving that.

this project is a good thing, and maybe it will lead to something good, we just have to wait and see, but its pretty rude of people to be complaining about someone else's project and making demands that it should allow rom loading or all be open source when they aren't the ones making it

again good luck to the OP and don't waste too much time explaining your decisions, as they are yours to make :)

Zidapi, overlord00 and SLiV3R like this.
  5. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yes, let's hope any negativity does not get worse and lead the people to stop developing this :)

6. Margen67
    This message by Margen67 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 26, 2015, Reason: or that.
    Feb 26, 2015
  7. ody81

ody81 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2012

Nobody wants to live under the moral objections of a third party. It's Nintendo's job to worry about piracy and deal with it their way and nobody else's.
    This objection was always going to happen, and it should, this scene is near toxic as it demonizes what <some> people choose to do for whatever reason they do it.

No politics on the dance floor is a fantastic rule everyone should try to abide by.

2Hack, Margen67 and Apache Thunder like this.
  8. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Oh we won't stop developing this, we have a good amount of progress at this point.

SLiV3R, LinkmstrYT, Margen67 and 4 others like this.
  9. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i hope some people will not take that as a challenge :D

Margen67 and VinsCool like this.
  10. bobtheglob101

bobtheglob101 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    I've been following this topic for a few days now and I just read the announcement. There goes my hopes of a true and open CFW. I'm not into piracy at all yet these morals are once again imposed on everyone. The 3DS scene is full of devs withholding bugs/exploits/CFW's because they're afraid of someone else receiving knowledge and OMGZ PIRACY!111 I understand this is your project and you can do whatever the hell you want with it, but I guess I'm just too used to the highly progressive PSP/DS/Wii scenes. Hope I didn't come off as rude, I didn't mean to be.

2Hack, cvskid, ody81 and 2 others like this.
  11. Kane49

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The

Just go and buy a gateway

SLiV3R likes this.
  12. bobtheglob101

bobtheglob101 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    I do indeed have a Gateway that I use for legitimate purposes such as dumping my purchased games and playing it on the GW card for convenience. It's all well and good, it's just that I'd much rather be using something that's by the community rather than a product made by a company that's for-profit.

cvskid, williamcesar2, Idaho and 2 others like this.
  13. Margen67
    This message by Margen67 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 26, 2015, Reason: how about we dont do that.
    Feb 26, 2015
  14. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Could everyone stop complaining? They do not support warez loading. Someone else would definitely do it anyway.

boomie0123, Margen67 and SLiV3R like this.
  15. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    Sadly, that's just how it is. Many people would keep complaining when they don't get the things they want. :(

NEP and VinsCool like this.
  16. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i don't see why the method really matters, the end goal is still the same (piracy). if you have a gw, then it shouldn't matter HOW you get your piracy, 'how' it happens, and by who is not important, the game still plays the same if the community gave me piracy vs if a for profit company let me play it.
    it sounds a bit like 'ethical piracy', if that is even a term.

NEP, Zidapi and SLiV3R like this.
  17. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Whatever people want to pirate, I support their project on homebrew launching. It was fine with ninjhax, fine with .cia homebrew.

18. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    Yeah, same here.

VinsCool likes this.
  19. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    Cmon all trolls, whiners and loosers. It's their project THEY do on their FREETIME. They do whatever THEY want. If you are frustrated, angry or butthurt with this project, please don't even post here. Or code some CFW or warez loader yourself!

20. the3dsguy

the3dsguy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    all i can say is good job, keep up the good work, and dont 1 bad apple spoil the basket

NEP, Margen67, SLiV3R and 1 other person like this.
  21. flarn2006

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    Can you make or recommend a tutorial on disassembling and patching 3DS games? It doesn't have to explain assembly language or anything.

Margen67 likes this.
  22. williamcesar2

williamcesar2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    New York City
    Edit: never mind !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.