GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
LOL I also use that but maybe some people want some of dem official theme's
I just dumped my Nintendo themes (I got a few of them from My Nintendo) to use with CHMM. Though... I forgot to dump the MM3D theme. Ughh. It's on my other motherboard, and I'm not reassembling that just to get a theme x.x

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does the site with the official themes include the recent ones? the last update was from a year ago

Edit:Nvm, I searched more and found the more recent one

Last edited by PrometheusG.,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this has trouble with unstable internet because of the bit rate with my intenet the kbs go low then high very quick and this causes it to fail cia angle does not have a problem with this though can you add an option to disable the kbs rate
What are your download settings at (HTTP Timeout and Buffer Size)?

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I finally checked the new home menu apps feature, and I installed the DLC for Streetpass Mii Plaza. Now every feature has been unlocked, except for the Mii Filter (the one that you access by pressing Y). Is there a way to unlock it without making it enter the in-game shop (because if I let it enter it, it will revert all of the DLC I installed with Freeshop)?

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well just updated with freeShop 2.1.2 now:

Added:
  • Sorting by eShop Release Date.
  • Cart and system titles to installed game list (e.g. Home Menu and Mii Plaza).
  • Language translations:
    • Dutch
    • Hungarian
    • Romanian
It sorts by eShop release date, so if you're wondering why "old" virtual console games show up as newer, that's why.

Now one more thing that will be added soon will be showing all titles with newly added title keys for users update via URL.
Dude! You're amazing!

Reactions: CeeDee

Mariosl10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VljLxOM.png
chart

https://github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

This is homebrew software designed to imitate Nintendo's eShop. It allows you to browse and search games, and download ones you own (i.e. games for which you have the titlekey).

Usage:
1. Install the CIA file on your CFW of choice (preferably one removing region restrictions). Do NOT ask about CFW issues in this thread.
2. Put an encTitleKeys.bin file in the directory sdmc:/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/ or go to update settings in freeShop and add a URL to auto-download (recommended).
3. Launch freeShop and enjoy.

This is perhaps over-simplified. I'll be more thorough later. This is mostly for linux, building on Windows will be difficult.

1. Install devkitARM, including ctrulib and citro3d.

2. Build cpp3ds. This script shows how to build it on ubuntu. This includes downloading precompiled portlibs/tools. (if you use Arch it's on AUR)

3. Set CPP3DS env variable to the dir with cpp3ds build (containing lib/include dirs)

4. Build/install libarchive (to portlibs dir) and freeShop as detailed in this script.

FAQs

Q: Do I need a CFW for this?
A: Yes.

Q: Is there a 3dsx version?
A: No, and with the elevated permissions needed, it's not worth the trouble.

Q: Why are games missing? They're on the eShop.
A: It only shows games for which you have the title key (dumped to encTitleKeys.bin). And even then some games won't show because they're not cached server-side (this will eventually change).

Q: Why does freeShop show DLC as installed when I don't have it?
A: All DLC is lumped together with the same title id, so even partial installs will show it as installed. If you're missing DLC, just delete it and reinstall it. If eShop partially installed it, or you previously purchased some DLC through eShop on that console, you may lose the DLC freeShop installs when you revisit eShop. This is currently unavoidable.

Q: Can freeShop download while sleeping?
A: Not yet. It's currently unknown how to go into sleep mode without interrupting network services.

Q: Can I download games of any region?
A: Depends on your CFW. Most of them allow it, including the popular Luma3DS.

Q: Is this safe? Will I get banned/sued for using this?
A: Even modding your console's software/firmware runs legal risks. But like running freeShop, the risk is minimal. If you make sure to only install games you've purchased, then you remain in a safer legal grey area. And there is no way for Nintendo to know which client IP owns which games. That would requires some analytic guesswork, potentially resulting in many false-positive bans. Not likely to happen and none have been reported.

Q: Why don't I have any friends?
A: You should get out more.

Troubleshooting

I keep getting "Failed to install seed" errors.
You likely have a FW version < 9.6 and therefore cannot play newer games that utilize crypto seeds. You can fix this with a FW update.

I keep getting "Wrong title key" errors.
You're probably not using correct encrypted keys (encTitleKeys.bin). Decrypted keys will give this error.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize TMD install: 0xC86044D2".
The system is reporting that you don't have enough space on your SD card to install the game. If it's a DSiWare game, then it's your NAND that doesn't have the space.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize content install: 0xD8E08025".
There are many possible reasons for this. But one known diagnosis is a possible SD card problem. For example, a fake SD card who is reporting space available while it's actually full will often give this error. Double-check your SD card.

I get error code 0xD8A08004
This happens with the installation state gets screwed up. You have to reboot the console to get rid of it. If you consistently get this, report how so the bug can be fixed.

Quick question can you install this with fbi if your on 9.2 or do you have to install cfw?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question can you install this with fbi if your on 9.2 or do you have to install cfw?
You need a CFW for the sig patches. Without that it won't work. It's the first FAQ in the post you quoted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why would u not use cfw?
Why would you not answer the question?

Last edited by Bu2d85,

zer01717

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Need some help. So, I haven't used my N3DS (EUR non-XL on 11.0.0-33 with a standard sandisk 128GB) for a few months and when I finally picked it up/ playing again I updated the freeshop (latest 2.1.4), but now it's super slow. Before I was getting a solid 1-1.5mb/s now its around 25-30kb/s. My internet is 150mbps, so I'm wondering what the issue could be. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

*Edit wrong 3DS region. Thanks gnmmarechal :)

Last edited by zer01717,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I haven't used my N3DS (PAL non-XL on 11.0.0-33 with a standard sandisk 128GB) for a few months and when I finally picked it up/ playing again I updated the freeshop (latest 2.1.4), but now it's super slow. Before I was getting a solid 1-1.5mb/s now its around 25-30kb/s. My internet is 150mbps, so I'm wondering what the issue could be. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Not PAL, EUR [emoji14]

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
better change themes through system theme list than through CHMM2. Also I dont like the download function on CHMM2.
Don't use it then, use just the local theme installer, don't download them.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

Small Kat

PC addict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get something, does DLC comes with the game in the freeshop? Or you have to get it separately from another site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.