Homebrew [WIP] Frappuccino CFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Frappuccino Features (Planned, but not Final)
  • More system modifications (like?)
  • System Update blocking (Ala NNU-patcher?)
  • Automatic updates for the CFW Application (Updates the Homebrew only, not you CFW.)
  • Allow the ability to launch Loadiine directly from the system menu (As a channel)
I have condensed the features down and these are the only unique things promised by frappuccino, everything else can be accomplised with homebrew
or is already in Mocha.
The second one is defintely acomplishable, just run NNU-patcher after/before the cfw initilizes, The 3rd is already accomplished by HBAS albeit not automated, this should be easy enough to do. Last one has nothing to do with cfw its just making loadiine a channel doesn't even belong there.
So on second glance, yes this should be easy to do, wonder why it hasn't been done? Or is it the same story as the usb scripts?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://theinternet.com

Last edited by KevinX8,

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I have condensed the features down and these are the only unique things promised by frappuccino, everything else can be accomplised with homebrew
or is already in Mocha.
The second one is defintely acomplishable, just run NNU-patcher after/before the cfw initilizes, The 3rd is already accomplished by HBAS albeit not automated, this should be easy enough to do. Last one has nothing to do with cfw its just making loadiine a channel doesn't even belong there.
So on second glance, yes this should be easy to do, wonder why it hasn't been done? Or is it the same story as the usb scripts?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://theinternet.com
NNU-PATCHER is not a update blocker, it's a update bypasser. And why integrate that into it, just add the patches from nnu-patcher to the CFW instead of just copy and pasting it in.

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
NNU-PATCHER is not a update blocker, it's a update bypasser. And why integrate that into it, just add the patches from nnu-patcher to the CFW instead of just copy and pasting it in.
Obviously you have to block nintendo's update server, yes it thosen't matter how he intergrates the patches it will work either way. Unless he is promising update blocking for ONLY system and still be able to update titles without using the above setup?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously you have to block nintendo's update server, yes it thosen't matter how he intergrates the patches it will work either way. Unless he is promising update blocking for ONLY system and still be able to update titles without using the above setup?
No, I don't think there's anything that blocks updates in here, just temporarily patches your system.

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
No, I don't think there's anything that blocks updates in here, just temporarily patches your system.
I didn't say NNU-patcher does I said he could simply block the IP's with his own DNS or one of the Community ones. Looking at the code all it seems to do is spoof your console version, that will prevent updates but I don't understand how it allows updates to function normally even thought they should be blocked, I don't see it resolving the IP's for N's update servers in the code, I'm guessing it just ignores the DNS settings since they are not needed anymore as the wiiu will not update if it thinks it is on the latest.
He doesn't even need to block the IPs thought since the wii u will always think it is on the latest version hence it will not attempt to update since it thinks it already upto date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare: