ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

Djboody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Well I personally use Asia81's PackHack aka HackingToolkit3DS to extract my CIA files. I'm not sure how Wine works but you could probably follow this.

so its been a couple of hours me trying to figure this out i do manage to be able to use the Ctrtool now but now i am not sure if the tool is extracting or not i am guessing its not cuz i waited a couple of mins and no file was created and its seems everytime i use the command it just resets the tool ur assistance so far was apperciated @KunoichiZ but now i will need assistance regrading ctrtool extracting on mac i will just have to wait for someone with mac support

narcissisticindigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If one downloads this hack along with the gay fates hack, it won't mess up either would it, and how would one be able to return to the original version or their mod if they chose to?

Samsonb79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Djboody @Samsonb79 If you both updated to 11.4, you're probably out of luck. I'm not sure what the green screen means. If you have CFW and an 11.3 NAND backup, I recommend restoring that backup with Hourglass9.

I am running 11.3 with CFW

I figured out the issue, for some reason, the homebrew launcher I installed on the home menu does not work for braindump/hans, I had to use my soundhax homebrew instead.

Though now I seem to have some new issues. neither hans nor ntr seem to work for me, I can do all the steps just fine. But my game appears to be completely unaffected. Perhaps I am missing a few crucial last steps or moving files to the wrong folder, if anyone can elaborate on the process on running the rom on my 3ds (from the point after you recompress the files after randomizing it) I would be grateful.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I figured out the issue, for some reason, the homebrew launcher I installed on the home menu does not work for braindump/hans, I had to use my soundhax homebrew instead.

Though now I seem to have some new issues. neither hans nor ntr seem to work for me, I can do all the steps just fine. But my game appears to be completely unaffected. Perhaps I am missing a few crucial last steps or moving files to the wrong folder, if anyone can elaborate on the process on running the rom on my 3ds (from the point after you recompress the files after randomizing it) I would be grateful.
1. The layeredfs.plg needed for the game (obtained from the Gay Fates hack) goes in SD:/plugin/<title ID>. If you see a green flash (when you see the Nintendo 3DS loading screen) after running NTR, NTR should've properly read the files if they are in the right place.
2. The randomized files for NTR go in Birthright/Conquest/fefatesSE (depends on the game you are running).
3. Make sure you are using the latest version of BootNTR Selector.
4. Also make sure that you are starting a new save file.
5. Also make sure that you copied over the randomized files and not the unrandomized files.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Samsonb79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. The layeredfs.plg needed for the game (obtained from the Gay Fates hack) goes in SD:/plugin/<title ID>. If you see a green flash (when you see the Nintendo 3DS loading screen) after running NTR, NTR should've properly read the files if they are in the right place.
2. The randomized files for NTR go in Birthright/Conquest/fefatesSE (depends on the game you are running).
3. Make sure you are using the latest version of BootNTR Selector.
4. Also make sure that you are starting a new save file.
5. Also make sure that you copied over the randomized files and not the unrandomized files.

I seem to have got it working this time, not sure what I did different though. Oh well, thanks!

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Djboody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius

My savior I also got it to finally work God I was stuck doing all this for the whole day but now it's finally dumping the files thanks @Samsonb79 for sharing the braindump problem and thanks for @KunoichiZ for your assistance :)

narcissisticindigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused and I don't think I'm doing it right as it won't load. Is there a video guide or a picture guide or something I could look at? Also, to use Amiibo units in the randomizer, do you need to have their Amiibo to randomize them?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused and I don't think I'm doing it right as it won't load. Is there a video guide or a picture guide or something I could look at? Also, to use Amiibo units in the randomizer, do you need to have their Amiibo to randomize them?
There is no picture or video guide and you do not need the amiibo to randomize them. Give more details other than it won't load. WHAT won't load? Give details on your system (if you have CFW or not). We need more details if you want someone to help you. :/

Reactions: narcissisticindigo

narcissisticindigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like it just won't start, sometimes the randomizer software will do a thing where it'll just load and then it'll override the game data bin thing while it's not lz and then I put it back together and stuff, compressed it again and all, but my game just stayed at a black screen from the homebrew menu. I left the Storage Folder with the stuff in it that was listed before compiling it with romfs builder and it did not have the gay fates hack installed in this version either. I extracted the rom from the specified version of braindump, is there anything I'm doing wrong? I'm using HANS btw.

Last edited by narcissisticindigo,

narcissisticindigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and I am also using a physical copy of Conquest and have played the Gay fates hack successfully on it before. I removed the gay fates hack thing before replacing it with the randomizer one with them having the same name for it to run.

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like it just won't start, sometimes the randomizer software will do a thing where it'll just load and then it'll override the game data bin thing while it's not lz and then I put it back together and stuff, compressed it again and all, but my game just stayed at a black screen from the homebrew menu. I left the Storage Folder with the stuff in it that was listed before compiling it with romfs builder and it did not have the gay fates hack installed in this version either. I extracted the rom from the specified version of braindump, is there anything I'm doing wrong? I'm using HANS btw.
Are you sure the files after randomizing are all .lz or similarly compressed?

Samsonb79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no picture or video guide and you do not need the amiibo to randomize them. Give more details other than it won't load. WHAT won't load? Give details on your system (if you have CFW or not). We need more details if you want someone to help you. :/

Apparently I found out while trying to figure out Hans that if i launch the homebrew launcher installed on the homescreen via FBI nearly every homebrew application displays a green screen upon luanch. However if i launch it from soundhax they work fine.

maybe i just installed a bad .cia file?

narcissisticindigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I believe I've found the problem. There's one file that won't decompress from FEAT, this file being in GameData under the Person folder called CY02.bin.lz, while all of the others have, and I've made sure to fully make sure that there are no other .lz files. I've done everything else along these lines in a storage folder that is not on the SD card. Would this happen to be the problem?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Is NTR necessary to get this working and just to make sure, it can be done from soundhax?
Is there anyone that might be willing to make a video guide for the HANS version?
NTR requires CFW, and HANS doesn't like Fates. Search through this thread for the solution to the CY02.bin.lz issue. And please stop double posting. The edit button exists for a reason.

narcissisticindigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTR requires CFW, and HANS doesn't like Fates. Search through this thread for the solution to the CY02.bin.lz issue. And please stop double posting. The edit button exists for a reason.
Alright, my apologies. I've now done everything and ended up switching to 4-2 because of the not responding thing, and it worked, and now there's a file called Output in my storage folder. Should I recompress it with the other files in FEAT and then put it back into the folder that the other files came from or should I remove it?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, my apologies. I've now done everything and ended up switching to 4-2 because of the not responding thing, and it worked, and now there's a file called Output in my storage folder. Should I recompress it with the other files in FEAT and then put it back into the folder that the other files came from or should I remove it?
Just recompress the files and ignore the Output file.

narcissisticindigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just recompress the files and ignore the Output file.
So leave it in and then let romfs builder do its thing once placing the files back into the data folder. Stupid question, but do I replace all of the original folders in the Conquest folder once it's done, and do I have to place them exactly as they were if so, or just leave them the same?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1