ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

teachable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably an error in the script files. There's troubleshooting help in the OP, but I'll post it here for your convenience:
"First, you need to identify which chapter the issue occurs on so that you can find its files. If the issue occurs on Birthright Chapter 10, for example, the file name you'll be looking for is A010. From there, you'll need to replace files from your patch with the original files until the issue is resolved. First you should try removing all files in Scripts/bev that start with the chapter prefix. So for this example you'd delete every files in Scripts/bev that starts with A010. If that fails to fix the issue, delete the map script, which is named after the chapter (Scripts/A010.cmb in the example). If the issue persists, navigate to GameData/dispos and delete the dispo file (once again, A010.bin if you're looking at the example). That procedure should fix any issue you encounter while using the randomizer. Make sure to report your issue and the chapter it occurred on so that it can be fixed!"

Thanks for the response; I noticed that I'm actually missing some of these files so presumably my dump didn't go too well. Since I'm going to have to probably redump the game, is there a more indepth guide on how to dump the DLC as well?

edit: I'm on CFW so I can use something other than braindump.

Last edited by teachable,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response; I noticed that I'm actually missing some of these files so presumably my dump didn't go too well. Since I'm going to have to probably redump the game, is there a more indepth guide on how to dump the DLC as well?

edit: I'm on CFW so I can use something other than braindump.
Since you have CFW, just install the Special Edition so you don't have to dump the DLC and just extract the SE files instead.

masterguliod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been answered before, but is there a way to randomize stats without randomizing classes? I know it is a little mundane compared to what you can do with this but I just wanted to randomize on a smaller scale if it was possible. Thanks for any responses!

teachable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have CFW, just install the Special Edition so you don't have to dump the DLC and just extract the SE files instead.

How would I extract the SE files from the Special Edition post install? Should I just redump it with braindump or is there something faster (or hopefully less likely to miss files again) that I could do?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I extract the SE files from the Special Edition post install? Should I just redump it with braindump or is there something faster (or hopefully less likely to miss files again) that I could do?
I persally use Asia81's PackHack (HackingToolkit3DS) to obtain my files from CIAs.

Reactions: teachable

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to rig the results of the randomizer? for example: manually putting Leo in place of Takumi
you have to edit the output.xml after a regular randomization, then use that xml as the settings of a second randomization OF CLEAN FILES.
Then you're good, at least that's what I did, I don't think that thane98 did that intentionally...

Reactions: Nuggumz

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I'm trying to start another randomizer. (again..) and having the same issues as last time when it said I had missing files, though I did a full dump of the NA Special edition ://

PrismaticFlux

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm stumped, I've followed the instructions through to the end only to find that when I load the romFS using HANS, my fates isn't randomised.

I've got output XMLs from the randomisation process, HANS is setup to use the alternate romFS I put in the HANS folder on my SD card.

I'm afraid I'm just not sure what could be going wrong, everything looks fine as far as I can tell.

UPDATE: I fixed it! Turns out I hadn't ticked the box to randomise the load order...

Last edited by PrismaticFlux,

masterguliod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to edit the output.xml after a regular randomization, then use that xml as the settings of a second randomization OF CLEAN FILES.
Then you're good, at least that's what I did, I don't think that thane98 did that intentionally...
I am attempting to rig some of the results by doing this. I've changed the output but I have no idea how to use the xml as the new settings when randomizing the new files. I'm still kinda new to this stuff so I don't really know how to do much.

Update - I have figured out how to import the specific changes I wanted but when opening it, I get a message say there was an "unspecified error." What could I have done wrong?

Last edited by masterguliod,

Frostfiresoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would I have to change in the .xml to change a character for a custom path. For example, what if I wanted to change Kaze into Saizo. How would I do this?

Also, I'm using the Special Edition, playing Revalation, and whenever cutscenes happen, the portrait and name in dialogue doesn't match up with the characters. I have a Laslow who switched with Hinoka, who keeps saying that he's Shura in dialogue. I am running the hacks through NTRBoot.

Also, the No text doesn't appear in Yes or No choices.

EDIT: Apparently, the dialogue portrait corresponds with who randomized into the current character. Robin randomized into Hinata, and Hinata randomized into Takumi, but everytime Hinata speaks, it has Robin's portrait and voice.

EDIT 2: nvm, it was because of the experimental option. oops.

Last edited by Frostfiresoul,

SolidMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't used this thing in a while and it appears to have broken. I'm trying to randomize EUR Fates Special Edition Undub. I've done so successfully before with Beta 4-1.

When I got around to using Beta 5, it appears to not work anymore. People's models are swapped, so Rinkah replaces Elise for example, but the units, skills and classes aren't changed at all. I still get Great Knight Gunter and Butler Jakob on the 2nd chapter with Forceful and Evasive Partner. I even went up to Chapter 1 of Conquest, and Elise and Silas still join. I've tested this with 4 or 5 different iterations. It produces different output and settings xmls each time, with a full list of changes, but it just doesn't change the actually important part. I'd prefer not to go back to using Beta 4-1, because that doesn't have Mozu.

I also know it's not NTR that's a problem, because I was recently playing my previously randomized run with the current version of NTR, 3.5. And it also does the telltale "Takes forever to load things" that seems to happen when I use randomized stuff.

Reactions: Thelostrune

Godspell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

So I tried it but when I loaded the .xml file it won't randomize

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not sure why, but it doesn't seem to be fully working as intended.
I have the same problems as SolidMilk has.
As I can show here, it's obvious that models were randomized. Portraits, sounds and overworld sprites were not.
Load times are ridiculous. Getting into a fight takes a good 2 seconds per model to load.
Models are changed for cutscenes, but not battles as far as I can tell.

Running the setup from gay fates, which means I'm in the correct folder with NTR and all. Special Edition, USA. Luma-wise LayeredFS got me the same results iirc.
These are the settings I want, but I've fiddled around, disabling it down to one path and no skill randomization.
63ce283cd1.png

Got it working. Dumped from braindump, actually encrypted the files again. Solved everything, but not everything when it comes to loading times. Does load significantly faster though.
@SolidMilk might wanna try doing that

Last edited by Thelostrune,

SolidMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Got it working. Dumped from braindump, actually encrypted the files again. Solved everything, but not everything when it comes to loading times. Does load significantly faster though.
@SolidMilk might wanna try doing that

Alright, I got it working, thanks. I believe my actual issue was that I forgot to recompress everything afterwards. I'd forgotten since I hadn't used it in so long. Kind of amusing that it still processed half the changes like some of the models and stuff though.

Reactions: Thelostrune

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.