OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jRs81ea.png
DrFNhI1.png
JvxXATp.png

The Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer has undergone a complete rewrite. The new randomizer, Ignis, offers more features and a more stable playthrough (less troubleshooting!). Additionally, the setup with Ignis is simpler - give it an extracted RomFS and somewhere to put the outputs and it will handle the rest. No digging through the RomFS or running files through FEAT.

Randomizer features:
  • Randomized classes, skills, and stats. This includes weapon rank adjustments so everyone's viable in their new classes.
  • Randomized join order. Characters can swap places in the story with proper adjustments to dialogue, 3D cutscenes, etc.
  • Randomized chest/village items.
  • Experimental player randomization.
  • Lots of misc. extras + fixes to help with randomized playthroughs. Add Anna to castle recruitment, unlock hero battles, a generic sprite for Songstress, etc.
For more details + instructions, check the readme on GitHub: https://github.com/thane98/ignis

Releases (download the *.7z file, NOT the source code): https://github.com/thane98/ignis/releases
Direct download link (Beta 2): https://github.com/thane98/ignis/releases/download/beta-2/Ignis-Beta-2-Windows.7z
This tool allows you to randomize character classes and join order for Fire Emblem Fates. However, this randomizer goes a bit further than making simple gameplay changes - all cutscenes in the game are modified to follow the new join order. So if a character switches places with another, they will essentially take their place in the story. For example, if Selena switched places with Hinoka in Revelation, she would appear in Hinoka's place for every cutscene in Revelation. As of beta 4, the randomizer also allows for randomization of parent/child combinations. In addition to join order changes, the randomizer also includes basic support for randomizing character stats, skills, and join items.

The tool is still a work in progress - while certain chapters have been tested thoroughly, others have yet to be examined. Therefore, you may run into bugs or glitches throughout a randomized playthrough. If you run into any issues or notice any cutscenes where a character's replacement does not appear as expected, please report the issue so that it can be fixed for the next version.

This tool requires an up to date version of Java (Java 8+).

You can find more screenshots of the randomizer's results here.

Download: link

Patching:
If you don't know how to run ROM hacks on your 3DS I'll give you a short break down on some of the methods for running them as well as how to gain homebrew access below. Keep in mind that homebrew entry points change drastically between firmware updates, so the methods I list below may become outdated in the future. If you want to keep homebrew access on your 3DS, I advise looking at community sources to see whether or not your entry point works on the latest version before updating your 3DS.

Please note that homebrew programs do not always play well with digital versions of Fates. I advise attempting to run Fates through HANS at least once before going through the process of dumping and randomizing your game to ensure that it works correctly.

Getting Homebrew Access: There are three methods for running ROM hacks: HANS, NTR, and Luma. I've included instructions for NTR and HANS below. Currently, you can set up either way of running hacks from a stock 3DS. NTR is the most convenient way to run ROM hacks, but requires you to install custom firmware first. If you want to avoid headaches in the long run and are fine with some initial setup, you can follow Plailect's guide to setup custom firmware. Given the availability of methods for setting up arm9loaderhax and custom firmware right now, I highly recommend going with this option.

If you don't want to go through the setup to run hacks through NTR, your other options is HANS. For HANS, just download soundhax from here, and the homebrew launcher as well as the appropriate payload for your 3DS from this link. Place the contents of the files on your SD card, load up the sound player on your 3DS, and play the file that came with soundhax. You'll end up in the homebrew launcher if placed the files on the SD card correctly. From there, you can proceed to the directions for HANS in order to play your randomized game.

For both HANS and NTR: Use this version of this version of braindump to dump your Fates ROM. Once braindump is done, take the romfs file from the dump and use romfs extractor to extract the files from the romfs. From here, you can follow the instructions listed below to randomize your ROM. Before you do though, I advise making a copy of either the romfs you dumped or the extracted files just in case anything goes wrong.

HANS: When you're done randomizing your files, drag them back into the folder with the files extracted from the romfs and overwrite the original files. If you did not get a prompt asking you if you'd like to overwrite, chances are you forgot to recompress your files using FEAT after randomizing. Once everything's done overwriting, use romfs builder with the folder containing your ROM files to rebuild the romfs. Create a folder called HANS at the root of your 3DS's SD card and place the recompiled romfs inside of it. Rename your romfs to the last 8 characters of your version's ID. For braindump, this should be the last 8 character of the name of the dumped romfs. For example, 00179400.romfs would be the correct filename for US birthright. Open up homebrew on your 3DS, navigate to HANS, run Fates through it, and set the romfs option to load the romfs from the SD. Enjoy your randomized game!

NTR: If you haven't installed NTR on your 3DS yet, do that first. I highly recommend using this version of NTR as it supports the latest firmware versions. Once you've followed the randomization instructions and recompressed your randomized files, download the Same-Sex expansion and copy the NTR version for your copy of Fates to the root of your SD card (you should have a "plugin" folder on the root of your SD card when all is said and done). If you don't want the contents of the patch, just delete everything from the other folder that came with the plugin (the birthright/conquest/fefatesSE folder). Afterwards, copy the randomized files into the birthright/conquest/fefatesSE folder. From there all you have to do is run NTR on your 3DS then run your copy of Fates. Keep in mind that you will need to run NTR every time you start your 3DS if you want to play with the randomized files. Enjoy!

Installation:
1. Create a folder to use for storing game files. You will need to pick out a specific set of game files from the ROM so that the randomizer can modify them.
2. Create a folder called GameData inside the storage folder. From your ROM, copy GameData.bin.lz and the Dispos and Person folders from the ROM's GameData folder into the one you created.
3. Create a folder called castle inside the storage folder. From your ROM, copy castle_join.bin.lz from the castle folder into the castle folder you created.
4. Copy the m folder and Script folder from your ROM into the storage folder. Your storage folder should look like this:
Main Directory
castle
castle_join.bin.lz
GameData
dispos
person
GameData.bin.lz
m
Scripts
5. Run FEAT.exe, highlight all of the folders in the storage folder, and drag them into FEAT. The program should decompress every file in the storage folder. Check to make sure that the .bin.lz files now only have a .bin extension.
6. Make a backup of this folder so that you don't have to go through this process again.
7. Run Fates-Randomizer.jar, click "Open and Verify," and select the storage folder. You should see a new window pop up with options. If you do not, the window will show you which file was not found.
8. Select a path and options. Refer to the section above if you do not understand an option. Hit "Randomize" and let the program sit. When the program finishes, a little notification will pop up in the corner of the window.
9. Close Fates-Randomizer.jar and highlight all of the files in the storage folder. Drag them into FEAT like you did previously to recompress them. You can close FEAT it finishes compressing every file.
10. You're done! You can either merge these files in with a ROM if you're using HANS (back up the ROM if you're doing this just in case) or place the files in your patch folder if you're using NTR. Enjoy your randomized adventure!
11. As a final note, DO NOT use this on top of an existing save or branch of fate. Use a fresh save starting from the very beginning if you want a stable playthrough.

Changelog:
  • Randomizer results are now saved to an XML file. You can load this file next time you randomize to get the same results. Alternatively, you can modify the file to get the results you want from the randomizer.
  • Added an option to randomize all paths at once provided that the files for all three paths verified correctly.
  • The experimental options section is back. Options in this section are functional, but they may lead to unintended behaviors in game.
  • Added an option for changing every appearance of a character to use their new class. This option causes the AI to behave oddly in certain situations (most notably, chapter 5), so the option has been flagged as "Experimental" for now.
  • Fixed a bug which caused chapter 11 to crash if Reina's replacement was not a flying class.
  • Touched up the system for randomizing scripts once again. This should improve stability to some extent.
  • Added in support for randomizing the European version. No more renaming files!
  • Mozu's finally in the randomization pool.
  • A couple miscellaneous bugfixes.
  • Overhauled script, dispo, and join randomization. The new systems should completely fix issues with character who join through My Castle as well as some miscellaneous issues like the inability to trade items on chapter 4. In general, the new systems should lead to a more stable randomization system.
  • Added basic child randomization. The feature currently randomizes which child is tied to which paralogue in addition to parent/child combinations. Right now, the system doesn't completely randomize parents, as characters will only become parents if they switch places with a character who was a parent in the base game.
  • Added weapon randomization for joining characters. Under the previous system, characters always received an iron weapon usable by their randomized class. The new system instead picks from a pool of 10 random weapons usable by the new class.
  • Adjusted the GUI to include space for additional options and a progress bar during randomization.
  • Added lots of missing alternative IDs for characters. Every appearance of a character in the intro chapters and Revelation should now randomize correctly.
  • Added support for Japanese file structures during file verification.
  • Added basic support for swapping out special-case models like Leo's inside-out collar model in chapter 1. This feature is still a work in progress, but it should provide a basis for properly changing every cutscene model in the future.
  • Added variance to the "Randomize Stats" options. The old version simply took the stats of a character and moved them around (ex. a character's strength would become their magic). The new version redistributes points between stats based off of the number of passes you choose in the options.
  • Expanded the "Randomize Skills" option to randomize personal skills as well.
  • Added an option to add a new character to castle_join when swapping places with Anna. This insures that the character that takes Anna's place gets recruited somewhere since the randomizer cannot modify Anna's DLC.
  • Added an "Enable Hero Battle" option for the amiibo characters. Note, the hero battles have the amiibo characters join as "guest" characters who cannot support, so using the castle_join from the Same-Sex Expansion is recommended if you want supports for whoever switches places with the amiibo characters.
  • Fixed a bug which caused amiibo characters to only randomize when Revelation was selected as the path.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented characters using handover IDs from recruiting correctly.
  • Added a section for optional characters. Currently, Anna, Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin can be randomized through this section.
  • Added randomization for reclass options.
  • Added an option to treat Jakob and Felicia as promoted units during class randomization.
  • Moved stat and skill randomization out of the "Experimental Features" section.
  • Made file verification errors more verbose to help with troubleshooting.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented Gunter's voice lines from being changed during join order randomization.
  • Fixed a bug which messed up reclass options for characters who received the "Hoshidan Noble" class.
  • Slightly improved the model swapping code. These changes should help prevent hangs or other moments where models fail to load.
  • Overhauled model swapping. While the feature isn't perfect, it should be perfectly okay to use in game as it shouldn't cause any more crashes. The only issues you may encounter with it are some models failing to swap or, on very rare occasions, a hang which requires the cutscene section to be skipped.
  • Added safety checks for script/dispo editing to prevent crashing.
  • Added lots of missing character aliases.
  • Moved DLC classes into a separate option.
  • Added Gunter and Scarlet to the randomization pool for Revelation.
  • Added a quick fix for the handover files. Stat changes inside those files are not taken into account, but characters who are assigned a different ID through a handover file should recruit correctly now.
  • Fixed some issues with recruitment not working correctly for Birthright Chapter 6 and Birthright Chapter 7.

FAQ:

When I dumped my game, I only received one path even though I own the others as DLC. Why did this happen, and how can I fix it?

DLC has to be dumped separately from the base game. Modifying it requires the installation of custom firmware. You will then need to use a tool like Decrypt9 to dump the DLC paths. You can then randomize the DLC paths by including their content in the randomizer folder for randomization and pulling the content back out afterwards. Finally, you can create an installable CIA for the DLC using something like ctrtool. Install that on your 3DS and you should be good to go.

I'm trying to randomize a European version of Fates. The randomizer says that I'm missing a file in the "m" folder, but I'm confident that I dumped everything correctly. What is going on?

Every region uses a different layout for the text files, unfortunately. The randomizer lacks support for the European version currently, but there's an easy fix to get the tool to read your text files correctly. Simply go into the "m" folder in the files you want to randomize and find the folder for your language (@U for the English version). Rename this to @E, and do the the same for the folder for your language in the folder for the path you want to randomize ("m/A" for Birthright, "m/B" for Conquest, and "m/C" for Revelation). The randomize should detect your folders and allow you to randomize everything like normal. Once you're done randomizing, simply rename the files back in order to use them in game.

The file verification window said that everything verified, but I didn't get an options window!

Update your version of Java. The options window uses some features from Java's more recent versions, so the window will fail to open if you're version isn't up to date.

Troubleshooting:
As this randomizer is still a work in progress, you may encounter bugs or glitches while using it. At this point you shouldn't encounter any serious issues like crashing, but if you do, the procedure for stopping the issues is fairly simple. First, you need to identify which chapter the issue occurs on so that you can find its files. If the issue occurs on Birthright Chapter 10, for example, the file name you'll be looking for is A010. From there, you'll need to replace files from your patch with the original files until the issue is resolved. First you should try removing all files in Scripts/bev that start with the chapter prefix. So for this example you'd delete every files in Scripts/bev that starts with A010. If that fails to fix the issue, delete the map script, which is named after the chapter (Scripts/A010.cmb in the example). If the issue persists, navigate to GameData/dispos and delete the dispo file (once again, A010.bin if you're looking at the example). That procedure should fix any issue you encounter while using the randomizer. Make sure to report your issue and the chapter it occurred on so that it can be fixed!

As always, I want to thank a couple people who helped make this tool a reality:

RainThunder for his nightmare modules and wiki which helped with setting up GameData and Person file randomization.
DeathChaos25 for his original randomizer and general contributions to the 3DS Fire Emblem hacking community.
Dylos for the inspiration to make the tool as well as his efforts to help with testing more unstable versions of the randomizer.
SciresM for his archive tool, FEAT.

Last edited by thane98,

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you manage to get a fix for internal levels in to make sure everyone can gain proper xp at the point they are recruited?

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, would it be possible to randomize the game to include the custom DLC characters in it as well? Or would it not be possible due to the way the tool does the randomizing and the dlc characters files that allow them to be playable not being in the Rom prevent that?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, would it be possible to randomize the game to include the custom DLC characters in it as well? Or would it not be possible due to the way the tool does the randomizing and the dlc characters files that allow them to be playable not being in the Rom prevent that?
It would be easy to add them in to the randomizer using their PIDs, but I don't know how well it would work in game.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be easy to add them in to the randomizer using their PIDs, but I don't know how well it would work in game.
You could include the option of adding Anna, since she's in the base code at least. (of course the problem with adding Anna or a custom DLC character into the mix is that will ultimately make 1 less character available.)

Additionally, I think I found a bug, though not anything gamebreaking - Leo replaced Jakob this time around, but he did so as a Troubadour, which is of course an unpromoted class. I don't consider this too much of an issue for me personally since it was still a very early game healer (though the other bad thing here is since secondary classes are not randomized, Leo's class set is now Troubadour/Troubadour) but Jakob should be getting replaced with a promoted unit. I just checked my output file and it seems Felecia is switched with an unpromoted unit as well.

More on the note of me getting unlucky and having Leo randomize into his secondary class, would it be possible for you to add an option that randomizes secondary classes as well?

Edit: Keaton replaced Kaze, but his level is off, Keaton is level 15 in chapter 4.
Edit2: For some reason, Keaton (Kaze) didn't teach me about trading in chapter 4, and I cannot trade. Edit4: I can trade in chapter 5.
Edit3: Peri's (replaced Hanako) model didn't load in chapter 4 after the map, she was instead a hooded figure.
Edit5: Post chapter 5, Subaki (replaced Takumi) is a hooded figure as well, also pre-chapter 5 hung when the royal siblings came in. Additionally, Post-chapter 5 when Azura gives Corrin the dragonstone, she is not replaced.
Edit6: Laslow was randomized into Frederick's spot, but for some reason he's classed wrong. He joined as a Hoshido Noble, yet his reclass option seems to imply he was supposed to be a paladin. additionally he can't reclass into a great knight.

Last edited by Dylos,
Reactions: 1038929175

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could include the option of adding Anna, since she's in the base code at least. (of course the problem with adding Anna or a custom DLC character into the mix is that will ultimately make 1 less character available.)

Additionally, I think I found a bug, though not anything gamebreaking - Leo replaced Jakob this time around, but he did so as a Troubadour, which is of course an unpromoted class. I don't consider this too much of an issue for me personally since it was still a very early game healer (though the other bad thing here is since secondary classes are not randomized, Leo's class set is now Troubadour/Troubadour) but Jakob should be getting replaced with a promoted unit. I just checked my output file and it seems Felecia is switched with an unpromoted unit as well.

More on the note of me getting unlucky and having Leo randomize into his secondary class, would it be possible for you to add an option that randomizes secondary classes as well?

Edit: Keaton replaced Kaze, but his level is off, Keaton is level 15 in chapter 4.
Edit2: For some reason, Keaton (Kaze) didn't teach me about trading in chapter 4, and I cannot trade. Edit4: I can trade in chapter 5.
Edit3: Peri's (replaced Hanako) model didn't load in chapter 4 after the map, she was instead a hooded figure.
Edit5: Post chapter 5, Subaki (replaced Takumi) is a hooded figure as well, also pre-chapter 5 hung when the royal siblings came in. Additionally, Post-chapter 5 when Azura gives Corrin the dragonstone, she is not replaced.
Edit6: Laslow was randomized into Frederick's spot, but for some reason he's classed wrong. He joined as a Hoshido Noble, yet his reclass option seems to imply he was supposed to be a paladin. additionally he can't reclass into a great knight.

Yeah, there's no real way to address the problem of character removal. However, I'm fine with adding in an option for Anna and potentially an option for the custom DLC characters (this would require you to install the custom DLC first, obviously). As for the other issues:
  • I forgot to document the change to Jakob/Felicia. I need to test this again, but when they were treated as promoted units you'd typically end up with a ridiculously strong unit in their place for Chapter 2/3, so I had the randomizer treat them as unpromoted. I might add in an option for this so that you can choose which pool of classes the randomizer picks from for them.
  • I put something in place to switch levels, but I forget if it made its way into the release build. If it didn't I'll put out a hotfix with level switching added in sometime soon.
  • I actually haven't heard about the issue with chapter 4. I'll look into it and see what turn's up.
  • Model swapping still doesn't work in every instance unfortunately. I got it to a point where most models swap and no crashes occur, but it's still not perfect.
  • The hooded figures are another side effect of model swapping still not being 100% complete. I'm looking into this, but for the moment you may encounter hooded figures in cutscenes.
  • I think the hang in chapter 5's cutscene is also an issue with some models not swapping correctly. I'd like to identify the source of this issue before the next release. This one can be skipped at least.
  • Not sure what you mean here. Did you mean Gunter instead of Frederick? If so, which class appeared in the output file for Laslow? The reclass option might be an issue - fortunately, fixing a bad reclass option should be a quick fix if that's all it is.
  • I'd like to add randomization for reclass options into the next update if possible. The algorithm for class randomization is already there, so adding it in shouldn't take too long.
I can't really give a definite date on when I'll post the next update, as I'm probably going to take a break from working on it for a couple days depending on how I'm feeling. I've got a couple of experimental features that I'd also like implement (potential join order swapping with the MU, for example), but I need to see how well they work in game. Anyways, thanks for the feedback. I'll try and fix what I can before the next update.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Not sure what you mean here. Did you mean Gunter instead of Frederick? If so, which class appeared in the output file for Laslow? The reclass option might be an issue - fortunately, fixing a bad reclass option should be a quick fix if that's all it is.
yea, I meant Gunter, I confuse Gunter since he's so bland. Anyway the output file says he's a Hoshido Noble, I think his origin class is the issue here as I suspect it's set to paladin, I'll check later.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, I meant Gunter, I confuse Gunter since he's so bland. Anyway the output file says he's a Hoshido Noble, I think his origin class is the issue here as I suspect it's set to paladin, I'll check later.
Yeah, go ahead and check what class Laslow is set to using the nightmare modules. It should be set to something like Hoshido Noble on class 1 with Nohr Prince in class 2 if I remember correctly. If not, I can try and implement a fix for that.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, go ahead and check what class Laslow is set to using the nightmare modules. It should be set to something like Hoshido Noble on class 1 with Nohr Prince in class 2 if I remember correctly. If not, I can try and implement a fix for that.
Class 2 says paladin.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to use this with NTR, do we just place the generated files (after the randomization) in the fefatesSE (or whatever it's called for BR/CQ) folder and boot NTR?

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to use this with NTR, do we just place the generated files (after the randomization) in the fefatesSE (or whatever it's called for BR/CQ) folder and boot NTR?
You'll need the layeredfs file or whatever from the gay fates, but yes

Edit: Another bug, enemies in Rev chapter 7 are not switched on the map, though they are in dialogue. Edit3: Chapter 8 is the same way.
Edit2:Mozu isn't randomized?

Last edited by Dylos,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait...You can't get Izana in Revelation, yet the output.txt file states that, in my case, Fuga takes Izana's place (in which the output file says Chapter: Join, but Izana does spoilery things in Revelation), so does that mean I won't get Fuga (who I don't care for at all)?

What does A013 mean? For example, my Camilla is now a Merchant and the file says she appears in A013 and replaces Scarlet. Does that mean she appears where Scarlet appears in Chapter 13 (and subsequently, all of Scarlet's cutscenes from here on out (aka chapter 18))?

Is there a way to randomize what class Corrin starts out in or does that happen automatically with the randomizer?

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait...You can't get Izana in Revelation, yet the output.txt file states that, in my case, Fuga takes Izana's place (in which the output file says Chapter: Join, but Izana does spoilery things in Revelation), so does that mean I won't get Fuga (who I don't care for at all)?

What does A013 mean? For example, my Camilla is now a Merchant and the file says she appears in A013 and replaces Scarlet. Does that mean she appears where Scarlet appears in Chapter 13 (and subsequently, all of Scarlet's cutscenes from here on out (aka chapter 18))?

Is there a way to randomize what class Corrin starts out in or does that happen automatically with the randomizer?
A013 would be Birthright Chapter 13 I believe, which is the chapter Scarlet joins in Birthright. Also, chapter Join is what it puts for anyone who joins in your castle, which Izana does join in the castle in both other paths.

Personally, I'm curious how recruiting Benny and Charlotte's replacements will work, will I need to have recruited Elise by that point or will whoever replaced Elise need to do the recruitment?

I am also curious what happens when Scarlet dies, and when Gunter becomes evil.

Also, I'm starting to notice that it looks like everyone on the enemy side in Revelations starting on chapter 6 isn't randomized into their switched character, though the dialogue seems to imply that they should be.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A013 would be Birthright Chapter 13 I believe, which is the chapter Scarlet joins in Birthright. Also, chapter Join is what it puts for anyone who joins in your castle, which Izana does join in the castle in both other paths.

Personally, I'm curious how recruiting Benny and Charlotte's replacements will work, will I need to have recruited Elise by that point or will whoever replaced Elise need to do the recruitment?

I am also curious what happens when Scarlet dies, and when Gunter becomes evil.

Also, I'm starting to notice that it looks like everyone on the enemy side in Revelations starting on chapter 6 isn't randomized into their switched character, though the dialogue seems to imply that they should be.
I would assume it would be whoever replaces Elise should be the one to talk to whoever replaces Charolotte and Benny. Strangely enough, Leo's model didn't switch until Camilla and Elise join you after you first battle with Xander.

EDIT: I got to where you battle Kaze & Rinkah, but then the game crashed as soon as the initial cutscene ended.

EDIT2: I'm going to try to extract the files and try again. I noticed some text issues (The No option being blank and some text cutting off).

EDIT3: I managed to make it to Chapter 7 of Revelation so far. A few things I noticed:
-Gunter's voice didn't switch to the new character.
-Sakura stayed Sakura despite her dialogue showing that she's a different character (Nyx, in my case)
-Hinoka stayed Hinoka, but during the Hinoka-cry-on-shoulder scene, she was replaced with an Outrealmer (basically ???) but he was doing some Swordmaster movement with his sword.
-In Chapter 6 (Rev route), after the battle, Ryoma's map sprite still showed him as Ryoma, despite being replaced by Kaze.
-When Lilith shows you around My Castle, Jakob stayed being Jakob (albeit, with a different class) despite him being replaced by Ryoma. It was still Ryoma talking though. Also, your My Castle helper (where you go to place new buildings and go to the next battle) switches to a generic Villager, despite it supposed to be Jakob/Felicia (which is to be expected because the game wasn't programmed to have Ryoma be a My Castle helper).

Also, Azura got replaced by Mercenary!Charlotte, holy crap it's freaking hilarious and for once, Charlotte can actually hit stuff. On another note, Rinkah & Kaze got replaced with Samurai!Selena and Sky Knight!Odin, which I thought was kinda funny. If only Ryoma got replaced by Laslow, then the mission that the Awakening trio of Nohr got assigned to in Hidden Truths would've been completed.

My one criticism so far is that if Jakob/Felicia get replaced by someone day Ryoma, then he easily murders the next several chapters that he's in. Could you maybe add something where the too OP units can't be in the very beginning of the game? It is pretty fun to watch Ryoma blitz through everything, but it takes the fun out of it.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My one criticism so far is that if Jakob/Felicia get replaced by someone day Ryoma, then he easily murders the next several chapters that he's in. Could you maybe add something where the too OP units can't be in the very beginning of the game? It is pretty fun to watch Ryoma blitz through everything, but it takes the fun out of it.
There are a few slots that a powerful character can show up in depending on route and have them totally destroy everything. Personally, I got Leo as a Troubadour in Jakob's spot, Camilla as an Oni Savage in Azura's spot, and Fuga as a priest in Subaki's spot (with 3 stats capped at level 5!) all three of them are quite powerful (I changed Leo into a Dark Falcon because I didn't need him to be a healer). Unfortunately I won't get Xander for awhile as he replaced Fuga.

But that's the fun of a randomizer, just like in the FE7 randomizer how you can get Athos impossibly early and just end up steamrolling everything. If you really want a challenge, you avoid using those characters and play on Lunatic, though sometimes you won't have a choice.

Also, a thought occurs to me, if you're going to add Anna and possibily custom DLC characters to the replacement part, perhaps the amiibo units should be added as well, as they don't necessarily take away from the number of characters since their challenge maps can have their character changed, plus if you're playing with this on top of the gay fates hack, they can support and it'd be fun to have Lucina as one of Corrin's sisters, lol.

Reactions: Grima

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume it would be whoever replaces Elise should be the one to talk to whoever replaces Charolotte and Benny. Strangely enough, Leo's model didn't switch until Camilla and Elise join you after you first battle with Xander.

EDIT: I got to where you battle Kaze & Rinkah, but then the game crashed as soon as the initial cutscene ended.

EDIT2: I'm going to try to extract the files and try again. I noticed some text issues (The No option being blank and some text cutting off).

EDIT3: I managed to make it to Chapter 7 of Revelation so far. A few things I noticed:
-Gunter's voice didn't switch to the new character.
-Sakura stayed Sakura despite her dialogue showing that she's a different character (Nyx, in my case)
-Hinoka stayed Hinoka, but during the Hinoka-cry-on-shoulder scene, she was replaced with an Outrealmer (basically ???) but he was doing some Swordmaster movement with his sword.
-In Chapter 6 (Rev route), after the battle, Ryoma's map sprite still showed him as Ryoma, despite being replaced by Kaze.
-When Lilith shows you around My Castle, Jakob stayed being Jakob (albeit, with a different class) despite him being replaced by Ryoma. It was still Ryoma talking though. Also, your My Castle helper (where you go to place new buildings and go to the next battle) switches to a generic Villager, despite it supposed to be Jakob/Felicia (which is to be expected because the game wasn't programmed to have Ryoma be a My Castle helper).

Also, Azura got replaced by Mercenary!Charlotte, holy crap it's freaking hilarious and for once, Charlotte can actually hit stuff. On another note, Rinkah & Kaze got replaced with Samurai!Selena and Sky Knight!Odin, which I thought was kinda funny. If only Ryoma got replaced by Laslow, then the mission that the Awakening trio of Nohr got assigned to in Hidden Truths would've been completed.

Model swaps are still a work in progress, so you may end up with some instances where an outrealmer shows up instead of the proper character. I'm still trying to identify the source of the issue. Also, in which case did Sakura stay Sakura? Was it when she joined you in chapter 5, or was it during a cutscene?

The map sprite issue is being worked on - it's a result of every character having map-specific IDs until they join for real. I'll see what I can do about Ryoma on chapter 6.

Yeah, the generic villager is the only thing that can show up as far as I know. I might look into setting something up for alternative butlers, but I'm going to leave that for later.

I actually forgot to fix the issue with Gunter's voice. Fortunately, it's as simple as changing the sound entry for Gunter in a data file, so that should be fixed by the next update. As far the issue with OP units, I'm working with the stat randomization feature right now to see if it can address the issue.

There are a few slots that a powerful character can show up in depending on route and have them totally destroy everything. Personally, I got Leo as a Troubadour in Jakob's spot, Camilla as an Oni Savage in Azura's spot, and Fuga as a priest in Subaki's spot (with 3 stats capped at level 5!) all three of them are quite powerful (I changed Leo into a Dark Falcon because I didn't need him to be a healer). Unfortunately I won't get Xander for awhile as he replaced Fuga.

But that's the fun of a randomizer, just like in the FE7 randomizer how you can get Athos impossibly early and just end up steamrolling everything. If you really want a challenge, you avoid using those characters and play on Lunatic, though sometimes you won't have a choice.

Also, a thought occurs to me, if you're going to add Anna and possibily custom DLC characters to the replacement part, perhaps the amiibo units should be added as well, as they don't necessarily take away from the number of characters since their challenge maps can have their character changed, plus if you're playing with this on top of the gay fates hack, they can support and it'd be fun to have Lucina as one of Corrin's sisters, lol.
The amiibo units sounds like a pretty good idea actually. In that case, I'll go ahead and add options for Anna and the amiibo units as optional characters during the next update. Also, I went ahead and added Mozu's entry back into the pool for randomized characters, so every first gen character should be covered now.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Model swaps are still a work in progress, so you may end up with some instances where an outrealmer shows up instead of the proper character. I'm still trying to identify the source of the issue. Also, in which case did Sakura stay Sakura? Was it when she joined you in chapter 5, or was it during a cutscene?
How can I word this properly?
It was only in Chapter 4 where this occurred. Most of the dialog (I talked with her during battle but I kinda got into the habit of skipping conversations and accidentally skipped it) was Nyx, but anything battle related Sakura. Basically, it was a standard Chapter 4 playthrough, but with Nyx taking over the dialog during cutscenes and and she replaced Sakura in the scene where Hinoka hugs you. The in-battle sprite, the healing animations, and voices during battle were Sakura.

In Chapter 5, however, Sakura was completely replaced by Nohr Princess!Nyx, dialog/in-battle sprites/battle animations included. Even the cutscene that appears when you get the Yato and Dragonstone were Nyx.

@Dylos: I will admit that I'm not good at strategy games at all so I'm playing Phoenix mode (I know I'm a scrub) until I get better at placing units on the map correctly and the things involved with that. Yeah, I do love randomizers because of this factor, but seriously Ryoma. Even as a Sky Knight he was murdering everything. It was also pretty funny reading Ryoma's dialog as "Lady Corrin" xD.

I wonder how this works for the children. Would it still be the same as the first gen units? Or would their stuff change based on their parents?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over