1. Conker10000

Conker10000 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Quick question: Is posible to Randomize Corrin too? (Like say, Sakura replacing Corrin)

Asking since i see the option for Male/Female player but Is greyed out.

2. thane98

OP thane98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Randomizing Corrin isn't supported. The game hardcodes a lot of things around Corrin, so trying to replace them generally leads to crashes.

3. AshenWitch

AshenWitch Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Good day everyone. I just wanted to ask if its normal that the enemies return to their original character affter chapter 6 for battle (Ex: Ryoma is replaced by keaton as a spear master, but he is ryoma during battles while showing keaton during dialogue and cutscenes) could it be the randomizer doesn't support the randomized enemies? or did i run into a unexpected result?

4. susanoomon

susanoomon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How do I get the randomizer to keep the randomized character models throughout the game? I've noticed that not too long after getting a character that has been randomized they change from what they are first shown as to what is normal for that class if they were to change into them normally.... I.e. if say a male character shows up randomized into a female class they not to long afterwards change from the female class model to a male one. I'd love to know how to get it to not do that as them with the opposite gender's sprite is just hilarious

5. PixelHacker

PixelHacker Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That's likely not possible. Unlike in Fire Emblem Awakening, where the male and female versions of each class are stored separately, in Fates it looks at a block of the character code to check if the character is male or female and applies the class models and details based on that.

6. wheatle

wheatle Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Are there any steps that can be taken to prevent crashing? When the nohrians come from the left if the screen in the beginning of chapter 6 the game crashes. Also on another try on chapter 6 after selecting the route the units revert to their unrandomized selves but their portraits remain randomized.

7. RayOfSpeed

RayOfSpeed Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Made an account just for this...
    At first I was having an issue where when I told it to randomize it would go into not-responding. Since my computer had been starting to slow down I did some updating and cycled it, then ran the tool fresh. This time, when clicking randomize, it would do absolutely nothing.

I closed it, reordered my filepath a bit to remove spaces from the filepath it was looking at for the game files, and re-ran the randomizer, at which point it refused to boot at all (regardless of if I was running the .jar file directly from file explorer or in an elevated command prompt).

Exactly two people ever appear to have had the first issue, one person on page 37 in this thread who got told there was no answer and one person on page 38 who resolved the issue by using the 4-2 version of the randomizer, which seems to no longer exist.

I can't find anyone who has an issue where the randomizer just won't launch at all. And yes, my java is up to date.

Any ideas?

8. AdriSaurXYZ

AdriSaurXYZ Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me to randomize a fire emblem fates ROM, I'm having problems with the randomizer (I used version 5.1), when I do all the steps of extracting files the randomizer does not recognize the rom and I do not know why... If someone has enough time could you help me?

Last edited by WeedZ, Mar 18, 2021
  9. WhippedInCream

Newcomer

United States
    I know this project's sorta dead and the rewrite if compiled probably doesn't have this problem, but for anyone trying to fix the issue of children not inheriting anything whatsoever (skills/hair color/etc.) even from their main parent, it seems like sometimes their Parent information just gets unassigned completely in the randomization process. This means that even if you manually unlock their paralogue, they're always a blank slate because they don't know whose marriage to check in the first place. It doesn't seem like the randomizer always has this issue, but I stacked a bunch of mods on top of mine so I'm not sure what exactly causes it.

This is easily fixed in Nightmare/FEFEditor per character, e.g. if Shiro replaces Dwyer and Selena replaces Jakob, you just select Selena as Shiro's parent in the editor. As far as I can tell everything works normally from there, including with same-sex supports

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Randomizer, Emblem, [WIP]