[WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by thane98, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Denzel909

Denzel909 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2017
    United States
    so after randomizing, everything works fine except for the portraits, i checked everything except for the same sex option, where can i check the if the portrait edits work?

2. Omega-WiWi

Omega-WiWi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    France
    The randomizer say that I need the C007.bin file, but in the romfs file himself there is no c003.bin file..... Need help please!

3. Ishtiaq1234

Ishtiaq1234 What exactly should i write here?

Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere with trees and buildings
    C007 or C003 and did you decompress the files using FEAT?

4. Omega-WiWi

Omega-WiWi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    France
    It's the C007. I wan't to randomize the special edition so maybe the randomizer don't like it?

5. Ishtiaq1234

Ishtiaq1234 What exactly should i write here?

Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere with trees and buildings
    special edition does work (im using the randomiser on special edition myself) and i still need to know if you decompressed your file using FEAT

if necessary post an image if the directories you have and we can see if anyone can help

6. Fluffy56547

Fluffy56547 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    Having some randomizer issues. After trying forever to get a good run, I decided to edit a decent run. Was using a modified gamedata for the randomizer, but it worked.
    After editing the results, the randomizer refuses to load the custom path, even though I made sure to copy all the text when manually switching characters (the IDs, join chapters, etc)
    I can't figure out why it won't work and I've spent days trying, could use some assistance, I really want to play this run.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xaen397brpio23c/AADnuRQtLTNX3Ecj2eRaeQOba?dl=0
    (link to the files, edited, unedited, and the gamedata)

Edit: I should clarify. The randomizer takes the files, but when I try to randomize a folder, it gives up. It spews out the results as it normally would, and they have lost their formatting and cut off before getting to children. It leaves the rest of the files alone.

Last edited by Fluffy56547, Nov 9, 2017
  7. JustJoel

JustJoel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2018
    United States
    I was having a decent run on the randomizer up until I get to the Branch of Fate. Once I chose the path, the characters end up using their non-randomized map sprites and portraits but still use their replacement portraits when they speak. Example: Subaki replaced Leo but is still Leo in battle but Subaki when he speaks. (EDIT: Just as long as he's not recruited.)

And yes, I used the Experimental Option "Change All Appearances". I'm assuming this is the problem. A real shame too, I was looking forward to having the randomizer replace all appearances including map sprites. If anyone knows how to fix this or if it would be fixed in the next rendition of the randomizer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by JustJoel, Jan 2, 2018
  8. TomboyGamerXL

TomboyGamerXL Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    Can the rewrite be used at this point? If so, how does one compile the .java files so they can be run?

Wijetron likes this.
  9. Wijetron

Wijetron Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    United States
    I'd like to know this as well, if possible.

10. Kobazco

Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Regarding the randomization of Awakening, I've found a way to manually randomize the Class/Characters within awakening via some nightmare module I have from quite a while ago. Can't say I can find it again after searching around, but it is possible. Are there any plans for the automation of the Awakening Randomizer? I would be more than willing to help provide testing/assistance.

11. rambon99

rambon99 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    Pretty sure that Chapter 6 enemies keep their normal sprites and classes because of performance issues (e.g. changing them would cause the game to crash.) This happens several times throughout the game where enemies sometimes keep their normal classes and thus far there's been no way found to fix this. But really, why does it matter if all your playable characters are still randomized?

12. RisinDevil

RisinDevil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2008
    United States
    Silver Spring, MD
    Is this still being worked on? Haven't seen any updates on it in months and I have been really excited for a more stable version and one that potentially works with Awakening.

TomboyGamerXL likes this.